Ten Cate Sacked

Sky Sports News understands Henk Ten Cate has been sacked as an assistant manager by Chelsea.

The Dutchman arrived at Stamford Bridge in October to join Avram Grant's backroom staff following the departure of Jose Mourinho.

However, after Grant was sacked by Chelsea last Saturday, there were suggestions that Ten Cate would also be on his way out of the club.

Ten Cate, though, revealed at the start of the week that he had been assured that he still had a role in West London, where he was under contract until 2010.

He told Voetbal International: "Half an hour before Chelsea made the message about Grant officially known, I was called by the chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"He informed me that the departure of Grant will not affect me. I'd rather go on that than all those newspaper reports.

"That appointment was long planned and therefore separate from recent developments.

"In January I had one such evaluation and then we said we would do again after the season. I have a contract until 2010."

But it would now appear that Ten Cate's time at Chelsea has run its course as the club look for Grant's replacement.

Luiz Felipe Scolari, Mark Hughes, Roberto Mancini and Sven Goran Eriksson are among the candidates to take over from Grant.

Sky Sports

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a suprise considering a new man will be comming in and bringing his own backroom staff with him. The only way Ten Cate would have stayed would have been if the new manager had been pre-arranged and Ten Cate was planned to stay as number 2 - this would most likely have been the case if it was Rijkaard comming.

Not surprised. Grant went so it's not a shock he was as well. When McClaren was sacked by England, so was Venables. Here's to the new manager and assistant (hopefully Sparky and Zola)blue%20scalf.gif

that would be nice to see that happen :thumbsup:

Edited by the wes

Clarke will walk away himself.Could'nt get my nut round Ten Cate.Came across as a bit of a loose cannon to me.A right basket case.

My money's on Sparky Hughes.

I feel the same mate. The more I think about it, the more I want Hughes.....And the less I want Mancini.

just shows what a lying two faced bastard kenyon is, yet again he tells someone his job is safe...

mind you once i'd heard that line your job is safe i thought "bye henk"

regards:JBD

Aye but thats Kenyon for you. Two faced lying fuck pig of the very, very highest order. And it was a disgrace him going up to get that medal in Moscow. I mean, why the fuck him?? That, along with Salmon features as manager had us as laughing stocks once again.

Why not ask Ronnie Harris, Roy Bentley, Charlie Cooke, Kerry Dixon, etc, etc to do the honours? Fuck me, dont we have enough legends of yesteryear to turn to? No, we have to send our very own Right Said Fred up.

Aye but thats Kenyon for you. Two faced lying fuck pig of the very, very highest order. And it was a disgrace him going up to get that medal in Moscow. I mean, why the fuck him?? That, along with Salmon features as manager had us as laughing stocks once again.

Why not ask Ronnie Harris, Roy Bentley, Charlie Cooke, Kerry Dixon, etc, etc to do the honours? Fuck me, dont we have enough legends of yesteryear to turn to? No, we have to send our very own Right Said Fred up.

Or if they want a Right Said Fred lookalike, how about Ray Wilkins ?

Quite funny how Ten Cates is getting a much bigger pay off than Grant. Ten Cates was one of Arnesens ideas, so maybe he'll be out too. Have a feeling Arnesen will be kept on, if only to stop other clubs benefiting from his eye for players.Have to see if Clarkey boy is kept on in some capacity too.

From The Independent -Ten Cate, with his abrasive style, proved unpopular with the Chelsea players, clashing with John Terry prior to the Carling Cup Final as the captain defended midfielder John Obi Mikel who he felt was being bullied. Indeed, ten Cate has upset many at the club with his aggression and earned the nickname 'Mad Dog'.

He also got off on the wrong foot when he refused to do The Chelsea Song initiation thang. Wonder what Grant sang ?

Or if they want a Right Said Fred lookalike, how about Ray Wilkins ?

Quite funny how Ten Cates is getting a much bigger pay off than Grant. Ten Cates was one of Arnesens ideas, so maybe he'll be out too. Have a feeling Arnesen will be kept on, if only to stop other clubs benefiting from his eye for players.Have to see if Clarkey boy is kept on in some capacity too.

From The Independent -Ten Cate, with his abrasive style, proved unpopular with the Chelsea players, clashing with John Terry prior to the Carling Cup Final as the captain defended midfielder John Obi Mikel who he felt was being bullied. Indeed, ten Cate has upset many at the club with his aggression and earned the nickname 'Mad Dog'.

He also got off on the wrong foot when he refused to do The Chelsea Song initiation thang. Wonder what Grant sang ?

I think the fact Clarke is still here is testament to the new manager. If Grant and ten Cate have been sacked, surely Stevie would have by now? That's why I think Mark Hughes is in for the job.

I think the fact Clarke is still here is testament to the new manager. If Grant and ten Cate have been sacked, surely Stevie would have by now? That's why I think Mark Hughes is in for the job.

Clarke is on a fishing holiday aparently so hasn't been able to have his meeting with the club yet! But it could also mean that Hughes is the choice, although even if Hughes IS the new manager doesn't mean Clarke will stay.