Shrewsbury Town v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted Baker aint starting

Baker has been very unfortunate not to start or feature so far. And he's not so inexperienced that the game has to be won comfortably so he can get 10-15 minutes; he's more than good enough to start against Shrewsbury. Seriously, what's the point of Oscar starting here tonight?

Mo Salah starts. Chelsea's Egyptian fans go wild!

All jokes aside best of luck to him! Maximise your minutes!

He needs a bloody banner in the Shed End! Maybe replace Ossie's face on the statue with Mo Salah's but keep the 'King of Stamford Bridge' inscription

Do you really want to see a 32-year-old slow player instead of a top young player?

I liked Essien a lot but his time at Chelsea has passed, he's not even a starter at Milan.

Not really. Just reminded me of the time when he had a player who can play in a lot of positions.

Baker has been very unfortunate not to start or feature so far. And he's not so inexperienced that the game has to be won comfortably so he can get 10-15 minutes; he's more than good enough to start against Shrewsbury. Seriously, what's the point of Oscar starting here tonight?

You've really got to feel for the lad. What desire will he have to stay if he isn't even getting a start against Shrewsbury in a pony competition.

Not really. Just reminded me of the time when he had a player who can play in a lot of positions.

Well, maybe Aké will be our next joker. He seems to be a great midfielder and also a good leftback. He was great in the youth team as a CB too but he didn't grow tall enough.

I really don't see the point in playing Oscar instead of Baker.

Is that the difference between a win or a loss?

What message does he get if we're not playing him against the weakest opponent we will face all season (excluding Arsenal).

I really don't see the point in playing Oscar instead of Baker.

Is that the difference between a win or a loss?

What message does he get if we're not playing him against the weakest opponent we will face all season (excluding Arsenal).

Think Mou wants to kill the match ASAP and then give the youngsters some time, that's why he started with DD instead of Izzy. Last year we were knocked out against Sunderland at this stage, don't think Mou wants that again.

Good thing I take about Drogba starting is that it indicates Costa will be ready to start against QPR and hopefully Remy will be back soonish as well. Regarding the youth, this is why I struggle to see how some of our top talents who actually came through thr youth system will make it. Baker has been outstanding in our youth and has been made a first team member but was unused sub against Bolton and can't even start against Shrewsbury. Like seriously I get that Mourinho wants the job done but how are talents like Baker going to make it if he can't be trusted to start games like this? Just don't understand.