Shrewsbury Town v Chelsea

Jase

We should have a lineup predictor competition for the cup games. Everyone would get at least 7 or so right for the league games but for the cups, it would spice up the match buildups and keep everyone's XI out of the match thread.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mourinho hint that baker may play

Mourinho said: “He has a chance to play. I don’t know if he will start.

“He has a long way to go but he has the potential. That is why he is a Chelsea first-team player. We are sure that he will be a good player.”

I literally couldn't care less about this match or this competition. Just a waste of our time and an unnecessary set of distractions from our pursuit of trophies that matter.

I'm only thinking about QPR and worrying about Costa's injury. This is a huge trap game. They'll be buzzing after their win last night and we have no idea who's gonna be playing up front for us.

I literally couldn't care less about this match or this competition. Just a waste of our time and an unnecessary set of distractions from our pursuit of trophies that matter.

I'm only thinking about QPR and worrying about Costa's injury. This is a huge trap game. They'll be buzzing after their win last night and we have no idea who's gonna be playing up front for us.

That is poor, mate. This is a fantastic competition, a fantastic trophy to win especially mid season and we have history in it, especially in recent years.

One thing that sets this great club apart from other 'big' clubs IMO, is we give every competition the respect it deserves. We don't dismiss any trophy and I don't see why we should now. Silverware is silverware. As a great club, we will do all we can to win another major trophy like we do every year!

Choosing to reject an opportunity at one competition as a 'waste of time' is quite frankly arrogant and something i would expect from a glory hunting Manc.

Remember our older generation of fans didn't have the luxury to pick and choose which competition we could or couldn't go for back in the late 70's and 80's. They couldn't have ever dreamed about winning The League Cup while we were floating around in Division 2. Remember where we came from!

That is poor, mate. This is a fantastic competition, a fantastic trophy to win especially mid season and we have history in it, especially in recent years.

One thing that sets this great club apart from other 'big' clubs IMO, is we give every competition the respect it deserves. We don't dismiss any trophy and I don't see why we should now. Silverware is silverware. As a great club, we will do all we can to win another major trophy like we do every year!

Remember our older generation of fans didn't have the luxury to pick and choose which competition we could or couldn't go for back in the late 70's and 80's. They couldn't have ever dreamed about winning The League Cup while we were floating around in Division 2. Remember where we came from!

Eh, still don't care. It means so little that I can't even remember who won it last year much less who's won it the last few.

The FA Cup I respect and want to see us take seriously but this one just does nothing for me.

You guys reckon Andreas Christensen playing tonight? As a Dane it would be great to see him in the starting line-up :)

i think mourinho will play him along side cahill and put zouma in the right back position

Just been reading an article about their Glasgow born manager Micky Mellon. He sounds a funny fella. He's billing tonight as The special brew v The Special One.

They are expecting a record attendance tonight.

Predictions? I'll go 0-4

Just been reading an article about their Glasgow born manager Micky Mellon. He sounds a funny fella. He's billing tonight as The special brew v The Special One.

They are expecting a record attendance tonight.

Predictions? I'll go 0-4

I think we'll be lucky if it's 2-0 tbh, they're playing some great football (they beat Bury, who are in the play-off spots) 5-0 just two weeks ago, and they've won four on the bounce, and they've only lost four out of 15 games this season. I think they also have the second best attack and second best defence in League Two. This isn't a team that ships a lot of goals.

I think we'll be lucky if it's 2-0 tbh, they're playing some great football (they beat Bury, who are in the play-off spots) 5-0 just two weeks ago, and they've won four on the bounce, and they've only lost four out of 15 games this season. I think they also have the second best attack and second best defence in League Two. This isn't a team that ships a lot of goals.

Just checked their home record this season (incl. the Capital One Cup) - they played 10, won 9 and drawn one with a total score 21:3. Impressive