Combined Real Madrid/Chelsea XI

C. Will Neymar be able to adapt to his game as Messi Did? From being a winger, to a false 9, and now to an even deeper role and still funcuate with class? I want evidence not assumptions you continue to spew out.

Your 'claim' of Messi being the main focal point didn't apply then considering Messi was forced wide to accommodate those strikers. Even today Messi is now playing at a deeper role than before so this would make it easier for Neymar to now score goals with Messi supplying him? The only proof you have of Neymar ever reaching those numbers, is your opinion and nothing more, and I will say that he won't by actual evidence. It is highly unlikely that anyone in our generation will reach Messi's goal scoring records.

I don't think Neymar can be as effective as Messi in a false 9 role. I was not particularly impressed with the times I've seen him play more centrally. Perhaps that could change in the future given enough time for Ney to develop and grow into the role but that's not a certainty by any means, agreed.

Even though Messi is an exceptional playmaker and is assisting Neymar a lot, Messi had prime Xavi and Iniesta to feed him whereas Neymar has the aged versions that get overrun in midfield against tougher sides and a not at the top of his game Messi - and even at his top form he's not as good of a playmaker as Xavi and Iniesta once were - so I don't think this is exactly fair. If Neymar can beat their numbers is yet to be seen.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Neymar can be as effective as Messi in a false 9 role. I was not particularly impressed with the times I've seen him play more centrally. Perhaps that could change in the future given enough time for Ney to develop and grow into the role but that's not a certainty by any means, agreed.

Even though Messi is an exceptional playmaker and is assisting Neymar a lot, Messi had prime Xavi and Iniesta to feed him whereas Neymar has the aged versions that get overrun in midfield against tougher sides and a not at the top of his game Messi - and even at his top form he's not as good of a playmaker as Xavi and Iniesta once were - so I don't think this is exactly fair. If Neymar can beat their numbers is yet to be seen.

Messi has assisted more goals in the past 5 years than Xavi and Iniesta

Messi has assisted more goals in the past 5 years than Xavi and Iniesta

Which is sort of expected given his role on the team and the declining of both Xavi and Iniesta. Even then I remember Iniesta had some really exceptional number of assists once or twice in the last 5 years. Xavi's impact was more about controlling the tempo and setting the conditions for attacking, not the assists per say.

Hazard is one of the most unselfish players. If he had the license to shoot whenever he wanted like a few other players then I am certain he would score more.

He's one of the coolest dribblers and always plays for the team. For me he'll always be above any other player and I am confident that he'll be a serious contender for the Ballon d'or in a few years time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXL18LBBQzQ

K... Hazard would definitely start over James or we can just rewatch the world cup.

The grass is always greener for you, if James and Hazard swapped clubs you would instantly change opinion.

You probably rate Adebayor higher than Costa purely because of the fact the Togo player isn't wearing a Chelsea shirt.

Hazard wouldn't start over James and yet wasn't it Zidane who said Real would take him 'with closed eyes'? And this was several years ago too, so if you think Hazard has actually regressed in that timeframe ... you're a special snowflake.

The grass is always greener for you, if James and Hazard swapped clubs you would instantly change opinion.

You probably rate Adebayor higher than Costa purely because of the fact the Togo player isn't wearing a Chelsea shirt.

close.

I rated adebayor the same level I rate Lukaku.

However, before James went to madrid, i was always high on James (not the whole after the world cup like most fans).

James, would be the better player with cr7 and bale than hazard would be. Just like how invisible hazard looks with belgium, hazard would look invisible with bale/cr7...

James is a better version of Oscar without the superb tactical awareness...

Hazard wouldn't start over James and yet wasn't it Zidane who said Real would take him 'with closed eyes'? And this was several years ago too, so if you think Hazard has actually regressed in that timeframe ... you're a special snowflake.

Zidane also said something similar to gourcoff and look how great he became...

close.

I rated adebayor the same level I rate Lukaku.

However, before James went to madrid, i was always high on James (not the whole after the world cup like most fans).

James, would be the better player with cr7 and bale than hazard would be. Just like how invisible hazard looks with belgium, hazard would look invisible with bale/cr7...

James is a better version of Oscar without the superb tactical awareness...

I think if the CAM is being flanked by Ronaldo and Bale, I too would prefer James instead of Hazard simply because you want your CAM in that situation to be playing passes and through balls exclusively instead of dribbling to destabilize opponents. That said, if we're just talking about the players then I think Hazard is a better player than James.

I think if the CAM is being flanked by Ronaldo and Bale, I too would prefer James instead of Hazard simply because you want your CAM in that situation to be playing passes and through balls exclusively instead of dribbling to destabilize opponents. That said, if we're just talking about the players then I think Hazard is a better player than James.

Hazard is one of the best dribblers in the world.

However, unless RM was centered thru Hazard, it would be James all day.

Hazard is one of the best dribblers in the world.

However, unless RM was centered thru Hazard, it would be James all day.

Do you read? That's exactly what he said lol. James is better for Madrid, but Hazard is the better player.

Luis would never start over Marcelo...

An injured Marcelo maybe....

Benzema is such an underated CF. The amount of work he does both ways and his technique and hold up play....

Costa may be more goal prolific, but Benzema is an overall better CF.