• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

in regards to the game Gary Nev put it perfect, we do not go for the neck, we sit at 1-0 in big games and hope for a counter attack, mistake or set piece to go 2-0 to kill it when we are in the ascendancy.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For f*** sake, stop whining about the referee & the FA.

Yes, we could've and maybe should've had a penalty, but you know as well as I do that the wrestling situations at corners are hardly ever given.

The 2nd yellow for Iva was seconds from the end, that shouldn't have had any impact. But it did. Just lousy defending from our part with the free kick. If there's one guy you need to defend, it's Fellaini. He was standing there free as a bird ... Great stop from Courtois nontheless.

Anyway, we owe this one to ourselves (to our coach if I'm honest), should've stuck to our game plan rather than taking off all our good players (Oscar, Hazard, Willian) and allowing United to have the ball. I really can't make any sense out of these substitutions. I seriously feel Mourinho has let us down this time. All organization in midfield gone because of the coach. United could just do what they felt like in those dying minutes. Really, can't understand it, utterly disappointed.

So united dint have the ball when oscar, hazard and willian were on the pitch? They were as dominant or as dangerous with them on the pitch as without. Hazard and willian were doing nothing but trying to defend the fullbacks. How many counters or hold up plays did they have combined? In the dying minutes it made sense to take them out and put in fresh legs and more defence minded players as their was only one way traffic anyways.

Also, the wrestling situation may not be given as often but when the ball is so close to not one but 2 of our players who were RUGBIED to the ground then we deserved a pen and all the cribbing is OBVIOYSLY justified.

We opened the scoring in the 54th minute. Name 2 united goal-scoring chances in the 40 minutes that followed.

When you're in the lead and you stop united from creating literally anything in their own stadium for 40 minutes, then that is basically the definition of controlling the match.

That's not controlling a match. Controling a match is when you have the control of the outcome, did we? No obviously not as they had more shots than us, more shots on target, more passes and more possession. We brought on Mikel to tighten up the midfield because Fellani and Fab handled and Matic couldn't do everything on our own. Did anyone really feel we were in control? It was de ja vu from the City game, we brought on Mikel as a safe option, allowing them to get more of the ball in our half as we were dropping deeper and deeper, thus creating more of a chance that they would score, just like in the City game, that my friend is not in control.

That's not controlling a match. Controling a match is when you have the control of the outcome, did we? No obviously not as they had more shots than us, more shots on target, more passes and more possession. We brought on Mikel to tighten up the midfield because Fellani and Fab handled and Matic couldn't do everything on our own. Did anyone really feel we were in control? It was de ja vu from the City game, we brought on Mikel as a safe option, allowing them to get more of the ball in our half as we were dropping deeper and deeper, thus creating more of a chance that they would score, just like in the City game, that my friend is not in control.

So next big game we should just have our players shoot from 40 yards at every chance and our CBs to keep passing it between each other for as long as possible so that the stats show that we controlled the match by your definition? Because that is what united did for most of the second half.

Yes, you are control when you have the lead and your opponents are having zero chances to score. But any team can concede from set-pieces, especially after having a man sent off. You can never have 100% guarantees that you won't score you can only take the approach that gives you the highest likelihood of success and we did that.

1-0 up in a big game like that where United are obviously on the attack and have nothing to lose, and we are on the defence with everything to lose, that is not control. We were defending and hoping they would not score, if we was in control we would of kept up the pressure and gone for a second and kept the ball well.

For amusement purpose, would like to see Mourinho attack a big team away from home while we're having a 1-0 lead and then concede 2 goals to lose 2-1 because of that. Would be really interesting to see what people have to say then.

1-0 up in a big game like that where United are obviously on the attack and have nothing to lose, and we are on the defence with everything to lose, that is not control. We were defending and hoping they would not score, if we was in control we would of kept up the pressure and gone for a second and kept the ball well.

Gone for a second? We couldn't take advantage of the massive spaces in the united defense throughout the match because of our bad decision making in the final third. What on earth makes you think we would have been more likely to score than united had we gone for the second?!

All that would have done is leave us more exposed at the back like we clearly were in the first half and united would most likely not have needed the ref's aid and added time to grab the goal.

The reason we couldn't attack the spaces is because of the lack of options and poor passing, notablly oscar. That's why Jose should of brought on Mikel and Shurrle like I said, Mikel would ensure the defense is covered and Matic and Fab could push up higher to support the attack and keep pressure on the United defence.

I was away and had chance to watch the game but when I checked out the teams and saw Dowd I didn't bother, I spent the afternoon with my children as I knew he would be headline news………he's a cunt.

Anyway, it says everything for me when they celebrate like they have won the CL and we were gutted……That's the level of where each of these sides are at.

For amusement purpose, would like to see Mourinho attack a big team away from home while we're having a 1-0 lead and then concede 2 goals to lose 2-1 because of that. Would be really interesting to see what people have to say then.

If we had kept the same structure we had before the goal, I'm pretty sure most of us would be angry at the players not Jose

Speaking of Dowd, I think this should have been a yellow card for deliberate blocking! :readthemessage:

https://vine.co/v/OhLZrDBbe1l

The reason we couldn't attack the spaces is because of the lack of options and poor passing, notablly oscar. That's why Jose should of brought on Mikel and Shurrle like I said, Mikel would ensure the defense is covered and Matic and Fab could push up higher to support the attack and keep pressure on the United defence.

It is something that we have been struggling with for 2-3 seasons now. Yesterday we were particularly poor in that department because the transition was too slow and because our midfielders all had low passing accuracy (Fabregas had 63% in the first half!).

If we had kept the same structure we had before the goal, I'm pretty sure most of us would be angry at the players not Jose

Funny that when it was the players who made the mistake for the goal conceded. Instead, people are going more for the easy target when the players on the pitch let the manager and fans down.

in regards to the game Gary Nev put it perfect, we do not go for the neck, we sit at 1-0 in big games and hope for a counter attack, mistake or set piece to go 2-0 to kill it when we are in the ascendancy.

Is this a bad thing though? you keep going for it you might make it 2-0, or they opposition have a better chance of making it 1-1 earlier on and with the momentum with them a good chance of winning. Whilst trying to defend the 1-0 is risky, the best Mourinho teams have always been able to shut up shop at 1-0 and bar some poor officiating and very very late goals at City and Utd we would've won both. Obviously in hindsight its easy to say we shoud've gone for it, but you'd expect us the defend the last cross of a game. We need to get better at keeping the ball and picking teams off, too many times we kicked it long back to them when we could've kept it; putting Mikel on sures up the defence but he needs to do more to keep possesion. Sometimes seems like mentally the player lose their nerve late on, up until that last corner they never looked like scoring from one

:lol:

Funny that when it was the players who made the mistake for the goal conceded. Instead, people are going more for the easy target when the players on the pitch let the manager and fans down.

ofcourse it was the players fault. notable ivanovic and Zouma. but it's Jose's job to keep keep them out of situations like that. if we had kept attacking we wouldnt be in that situation