• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

Just rewatched the game, the ref was doing everything to let us lose. All our touches were yellow, while they could do everything.

The 2nd half we really controlled the game and were never really in trouble, they created nothing. This 2nd half was little bit like the 2nd half against Arsenal.

Hate that ref. Quite sure he sent off John Terry in the past.

Why are refs so shit in football it baffles me.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate that ref. Quite sure he sent off John Terry in the past.

Why are refs so shit in football it baffles me.

Too much gambling money involved in football. Half the world bought Chelsea this match, so we had to draw/lose. Big matches attracts big audience. Just imagine how many people were betting on this game and what the bookies would lose if Chelsea won, then you'll have your answer.

I'm not saying this because I'm angry, this is just how it works in this world.

GRAHAM POLL: Phil Dowd let Chelsea down by ignoring two Manchester United headlocks at Old Trafford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2808675/GRAHAM-POLL-Phil-Dowd-let-Chelsea-ignoring-two-Manchester-United-headlocks-Old-Trafford.html

I am done with referee issue since Clattenburg day. If Jose not complaining, me too won't.

The momentum, ball possession and initiative was with United from the moment Mikel came on and we started playing low-block. We should have either :

(1) Kept on pushing for the 2nd to kill off the game.

(2) Seen it out to the final whistle.

We did neither.

You have your opinion and I have mine. You've been going back and forth with every forum member who rejects yours. Give it a rest.

Ohk. We should have kept 3 CMs all on yellows and tried to go for a 2nd. Brilliant!!!

GRAHAM POLL: Phil Dowd let Chelsea down by ignoring two Manchester United headlocks at Old Trafford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2808675/GRAHAM-POLL-Phil-Dowd-let-Chelsea-ignoring-two-Manchester-United-headlocks-Old-Trafford.html

I am done with referee issue since Clattenburg day. If Jose not complaining, me too won't.

B07pi0MCMAAO8xh.jpg

The crazy thing was that the whole planet saw the fouls, but punk ass dowd was 10 feet away & didn't see shit. WTF was the linesman doing too? looking for daisies in the grass? Unfuckinbelieveable. Will the fa give Chelsea an apology?

Just rewatched the game, the ref was doing everything to let us lose. All our touches were yellow, while they could do everything.

The 2nd half we really controlled the game and were never really in trouble, they created nothing. This 2nd half was little bit like the 2nd half against Arsenal.

I know manager and players are biased towards their own team but after watching the post-match interviews yesterday, I :lol: ed at them. On what earth did United deserve the win? On what planet did United create more chances than us? A draw was arguably a fair result but United are really kidding themselves if they thought played better than us.

My thoughts on the game

United played better than they have for most of the season. Their initial plan was to harry us and not allow us to settle. It worked to a large extent.

Chelsea deserved a penalty with both Smalling grabbing Ivanovic and Rojo holding Terry. No excuses for not giving it.

Chelsea were targeted unfairly with fouls. United committed their fair share but got off lightly.

Matic and Courtois were the stand out performers. Without Courtois' saves, we might have lost the game.

Great to see Drogba score but overall did not have a good game. There were a lot of times we had a break but then had to hold up play because he wasn't in a good position.

A draw is better than a loss. We still have a six point lead over City, which is more than at the start of the weekend.

Anyone else thinks it's no coincedence that we take a goal for the second league match in a row just moments after Hazard's been replaced? Because I don't ...

No better player to hold up play in the dying minutes of a match where you need to hold on to a lead ... Really don't understand why you'd take him off.

Neither do I get why you'd want to replace a midfielder by an extra defender (Willian > Zouma). That's basically saying: "Here you go United, please take the ball and try to score. We'll just lie in front of our goal and keep our fingers crossed ..."

So I'm blaming these two points we lose on Mourinho, sorry in advance to all the José-lovers out there.

If we were so in control how come we could only score one goal, create less chances, have less possession and have to bring on Mikel to shut up shop? Courtois being our man of the match speaks volume, he saved ours ass a couple of times, I can't see many other keepers saving one of Van Pussey's 1 on 1's in the first half where he got out to him quickly, we didn't dominate at all.

We opened the scoring in the 54th minute. Name 2 united goal-scoring chances in the 40 minutes that followed.

When you're in the lead and you stop united from creating literally anything in their own stadium for 40 minutes, then that is basically the definition of controlling the match.

United had a little more of the ball, more shots on target - four of the six best chances of the game fell to either Van Persie or Mata (Van Persie had two one on ones and should have at least scored the first). The only two clear cut chances Chelsea had were Hazard's one on one and Drogba's first half shot that were both well saved by De Gea. The Goal was a half chance as good as Smalling's chance from Di Maria's free kick. Both Smalling and Van Persie had decent chances from free kicks in the first half and Chelsea had 8 corners in the first half and the closest they came was a penalty call. Of the two sides, both offensively and defensively, United had the edge on free kicks as they actually created more chances. Finally, please, please, please look at the rule book. The first yellow card on ivanovic was for decent and the second was a trip from behind - which under the rules of the game is a foul and a yellow card, irrelevant of intent. In the end, if it were a boxing match United would have won it on points and the fact that a United side who are a year behind Chelsea and Mourinho caused so many problems in a way that no other in the premier league has this season says just how far we have come and should show that we really aren't that far off them. Two or three more players - a couple of defenders and a midfielder - and the time for the players to gel and we will be lethal. We won't win it this season, but next year, watch us go.

For f*** sake, stop whining about the referee & the FA.

Yes, we could've and maybe should've had a penalty, but you know as well as I do that the wrestling situations at corners are hardly ever given.

The 2nd yellow for Iva was seconds from the end, that shouldn't have had any impact. But it did. Just lousy defending from our part with the free kick. If there's one guy you need to defend, it's Fellaini. He was standing there free as a bird ... Great stop from Courtois nontheless.

Anyway, we owe this one to ourselves (to our coach if I'm honest), should've stuck to our game plan rather than taking off all our good players (Oscar, Hazard, Willian) and allowing United to have the ball. I really can't make any sense out of these substitutions. I seriously feel Mourinho has let us down this time. All organization in midfield gone because of the coach. United could just do what they felt like in those dying minutes. Really, can't understand it, utterly disappointed.

Popped over to Redcafe and I consistently see praise for Blind yet I thought he was their weak link yesterday? Lost the ball 4-5 times in really bad positions + lacks any sort of pace but positionally higher than average to make up for it.

Not seeing where the hype is, not just because im a blue!