• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

Disappointed but we cant win every game. Its football and we will drop points. At least its 6 point gap to City. And we were missing our main strikers. 2 draws away isnt bad...we will still win the league!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with 98% of what was said here except the criticism of Zouma. That play when examined in slow motion makes it look like he was ball watching but in real time that was a bang-bang play, very hard to get there for the intervention.

Like The Chels said above, Zouma was ball watching. As the free kick was delivered into the penalty area, Van Persie took 3-4 steps to get away from Zouma while the latter was just watching the action unfolded in front of him with that Fellaini shot. Then, when the ball fell to Van Persie, Zouma couldn't get any block in because he just realized where the striker was and was just a tad out of his reach to deny him. Should be watching his man.

I dont know if I am missing something here but I don't know why Hazard got some MOTM votes. I thought it was a very poor performance from him today

Because he was the main guy with the ball in this match, everyone passed to him when they could. He tried to score however failed a few times... If he's poor I don't know what poor is.

Some people need to stop being so critical and analyzing everything in the game, down to individual blades of grass and how they impacted the outcome. Also understand that causation and correlation are not the same thing...

We played fine, and well enough for a win. Anyone blaming Ivanovic is clearly on something unhealthy... Same goes for the blaming anyone else. We drew, it happens. They created nothing apart from that last chance in the second half, and it went in. Big whoop for them... They are shite and only drew due to poor refereeing. Which is almost always the case when we play them. I can't remember the last time they got a fair result against us.

EDIT: And the Hazard miss? Come on, get off his case. The keeper guessed and got lucky. Shit happens. Keeper hedged one way and committed already, lucky for him Hazard already had intentions of going that way.

I just got done watching a replay of the second half again minus the tension. It's now clear to me that we lost the control we had of that match when Mourinho made the defensive Oscar for Mikel swap. It's only then United came back into the game.

So the move where Ivanovic got in on goal and nearly found Hazard was before Mikel was brought on? The move that produced an effort inside the 18 from Willian off a Hazard run was before Mikel?

I'm at 75 right now and the best chance Utd have generated up until that point was Van Persie's shot into Matic's chest.... At 78 Van Persie get played in and there's no angle for him to shoot, Courtois makes a foot save. At 80 Wilson got a header just inside the 18 that wasn't even remotely threatening the goal...

Trying to figure out what you saw at 85 and we're still very comfortable....

Still gutted about today's result. Trying to stay positive. We gained a point on City. Who knows when they're going to drop points again. Hopefully sooner rather than later and we can take full advantage next time.

So the move where Ivanovic got in on goal and nearly found Hazard was before Mikel was brought on? The move that produced an effort inside the 18 from Willian off a Hazard run was before Mikel?

I'm at 75 right now and the best chance Utd have generated up until that point was Van Persie's shot into Matic's chest.... At 78 Van Persie get played in and there's no angle for him to shoot, Courtois makes a foot save. At 80 Wilson got a header just inside the 18 that wasn't even remotely threatening the goal...

Trying to figure out what you saw at 85 and we're still very comfortable....

The momentum, ball possession and initiative was with United from the moment Mikel came on and we started playing low-block. We should have either :

(1) Kept on pushing for the 2nd to kill off the game.

(2) Seen it out to the final whistle.

We did neither.

You have your opinion and I have mine. You've been going back and forth with every forum member who rejects yours. Give it a rest.

The momentum, ball possession and initiative was with United from the moment Mikel came on and we started playing low-block. We should have either :

(1) Kept on pushing for the 2nd to kill off the game.

(2) Seen it out to the final whistle.

We did neither.

You have your opinion and I have mine. You've been going back and forth with every forum member who rejects yours. Give it a rest.

I just can't help myself sometimes, some of the comments on here make for good entertainment!

The fact is when Mikel came on at 65 we had two half chances to score and so did Utd...There was absolutely nothing in the game whatsoever to suggest the sub changed the game. They def had more of the ball but what is possession when you can't use it? every time they came forward it produced nothing. Trying to figure out how some of you read the game. We have 5 players on yellows and you want us to press to try and win the ball back? not to mention we don't have any guys on the bench who can really come in and do that job? The guys were knackered it obvious but this assertion that we lost control of the game when Mikel came on is some of the most comical tripe I've heard on here in some time.

You guys need to quit your belly aching and look at the standings, you're crying over a draw at Old Trafford when they equalized in the last minute... I think you need to give it a rest.

Think about who Ivanovic had to track all game.

Think about who is Utd's dangerman.

Think about who we had on the bench should Ivanovic be sent off.

Think about the large gap that would've opened up had Chelsea taken the 3 pts.

Think about Brana's first yellow card.

Think about Brana's second yellow card.

Not saying the fix was in but Something was definitely fishy about the decisions made in this game...

Its expected though this early into the season everyone needs to believe the title is still attainable. 8pts on city make the gap pretty large and hard to close...

The fact Man United are so happy with the draw at home is hilarious.

Only two circumstances can make me happy with a home draw and that's if it's the point we need to win the league (or takes us to a point were it's almost certain, for example the 0 0 vs Arsenal in 2005) or if it's the second leg of a CL tie were we won the away game.

Even when we equalise late at home (Arsenal 2006, United 2008) im still pissed we drew.

The fact Man United are so happy with the draw at home is hilarious.

Only two circumstances can make me happy with a home draw and that's if it's the point we need to win the league (or takes us to a point were it's almost certain, for example the 0 0 vs Arsenal in 2005) or if it's the second leg of a CL tie were we won the away game.

Even when we equalise late at home (Arsenal 2006, United 2008) im still pissed we drew.

It's about the moment when they scored, 94th minute of the game. That made them feel like they won the game, 13pts or 10pts behind the leaders is a big difference.

After watching half time, I got a bad feeling that a thing like this could happening, like in City game. If Mata coming as a sub or something, I could see he 'do the Lampard' to us. Well, it is more painful than that.

Maybe some of you will disagree with me, but I think we play quite well and deserve the 3 points. So it is not the best result imo, but I will take a point happily rather than nothing. 6 points clear from City really does matter. With all due respect to Southampton, I am not counting them as a threat for the title.

About MU, I don't have much to say about them. They clearly playing better against big teams, but I think they will still struggle against lesser teams. So I don't think they are a threat for us at the moment. What I am expecting from them, is just I hope they could take points from our main rivals.

One thing I noticed about our players, is Hazard improvement. He is clearly a much better player than last season imo. He is more mature in terms style of play and I believe there is still a room of improvement in him. He is in developing phase, just give this man 2-3 years and you will see a beast.

Well I am also glad with the rest of the squad, you could see they are united and developing some good relationship and trust among each other. I have a faith, this season will be ours, if we could maintain this.

Well, it's time to move on, and preparing for the next game. Next week we will face QPhaha, looking forward for that match since long, long time. Bring it on, and cmon Blues!

Just rewatched the game, the ref was doing everything to let us lose. All our touches were yellow, while they could do everything.

The 2nd half we really controlled the game and were never really in trouble, they created nothing. This 2nd half was little bit like the 2nd half against Arsenal.