• Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iva did what he did, but I still think it was Mou fault for the defeat. United is by no meaning some world class team, that we should park the bus after leading by ONE! goal. Kudos to United, they were very good, but after we scored we should go for another. If they equalised earlier, we would still have time to score another. And instead of controling the game, Mou parks the bus, brings Zouma, Mikel on and practicaly says Ok, United you can now attack attack attack.

I understand these tactics in CL or against top teams (City probably only in league), but other times, we should do the job as potential champions and current leaders would do.

Im happy with more open football by Chelsea this season, but Mou has soft spot for United (already seen last season away), and should do better today. Specialy after leading, this result feels very bitter.

I think it is best we don't score the winning goal until the last 5-10 mins, else we try to hang on for too long lol. But the approach to the second half before we scored was excellent - creating chances and not conceding many. I completely agree with you and I think most neutrals watching would be wondering the same thing - why don't we just go for the kill ffs!

This game also shows why we still look for improvement in attack. As Willian (or to matter Schurrle, Salah) are good options, they dont offer that efficiency. And Mourinho counter is all about efficiency. We could be two up at half time if Willian, Oscar played better when we dissposesed United and went 3 on 3 and Willian even 1on1. But we blew those chances without even a shot on goal. Thats why people want Reus or whoever, and I understand them.

Btw, Willian wasnt bad at all, but thing is he probably wont improve and eventualy this team will be too big for him. His work rate is amazing though. I only hope we can find someone with same work rate and better intelligence/efficiency.

Also I hope Hazard will become more cool in finishing. As much De Gea was amazing, Eden's shot was very poor, considering time and space he had.

Speaking after Robin van Persie's late strike rescued a point for Man Utd at home to Chelsea, Louis van Gaal said the striker wasn't smart with his goal celebration.

No fucking shite. The twat celebrated as if they just won the title when in reality they were so overjoyed in getting a draw at home and are still sitting beneath Liverpool. :lol:

If you look at Dowds position for the Terry/Iva challenges, he's in awful position and can't see a thing passed as soon as one lot of bodies run across his path. Compared to the Swansea game where the ref stands at the edge of the box so he can see everything.

His officiating was dire overall today

I would need to see a full replay of that incident again but if he's badly positioned, then he has to be questioned for that. And I don't recall a lot of bodies running across his path when everything was happening in a straight line during that corner kick. Even if Dowd did miss the incidents, for the sake of the argument, then what the hell was the linesman doing? Surely he could have seen the wrestling and shirt tugging that were going on in the box. There weren't many players blocking his line of vision when they happened.

When mikel comes in, we usually concede.

that's cause we start sitting back like a bunch of cowards. Nothing to do with mikel and all to do with Mourinho. I love Jose but his negative tactics get to me sometime s

You are a sad human being.

As for the game, Ivanovic cost it for us. He was marking Fellaini the entire game and it just so happened as he was sent off, Fellaini won the header that had RVP equalize.

Will always be Ivanovic's flaw, stupid fucking challenges. Such a shame.

Anyway, 6 points clear of City, not the end of the world.

are you having a laugh? it was never even a foul! Ivanovic cost us nothing today, he was solid.

what cost us what that cunt Dowd, and also Jose stupidly sitting back with 25 minutes to go!

Don't blame brana!

Matic was immense. Oscar and Willian work rates were excellent. Happy to see King Didier scoring. Rafael to mark him in set pieces? Really Louie???

Just hoping that manure will make it as difficult for manshity.

Arsenal had a couple of chances in the first half that was very open and even, but in the second half they had absolutely NOTHING. We completely dominated them in the second half and we were in complete control of everything till the 94th minute.

You listen to Gary Neville, Carragher and Sourness and they'd say the exact same thing. People are whining over nothing, blaming Mikel for the draw hahahaha! Neville said Utd should be pleased with their performance but were outplayed in the second half and didn't create any chances to equalize until the very end. They got the benefit of a shitty refereeing decision and stole a point. If we go on the balance of the game its probably just about what they deserved since they were better in the first half. Funny Utd were better in the first half and deserved to be up but everyone is crying over Mikel coming on. If you're gonna cry, cry about how poor Cesc and Oscar were in the first half and how Cahill fell asleep to let Van Persie in 1v1 with Courtois. I'm utterly embarrassed for the amount of people here blaming the draw on Mikel and Jose being negative, so funny.

Go back and watch the game people you'd be surprised how well we played once your shell shock from the late goal subsides.

I'm worried about Eden. He has to step up, his finish was poor on that 1 on 1 chance. He is playing way too wide and too deep in big games and small games, if we want him to become a big star he needs to play futher up the field nearer the striker, this is probably Jose's choice and not Eden's mind you, because Eden's favourite position is cam, so I doubt he is the one choosing to be so wide.

Can I just say Phil Dowd is one attention seeking bitch? Absoutely appalled at the horrendous officiating! Every foul we committed is a yellow card while United escaped with so many challenges made. Classic case of the referee succumbing to the pressure at Old Trafford and that doesn't even include the penalty we should have had in the first half.

Seriously, do the referees ever speak to one another or analyze incidents together? Michael Oliver (IIRC) gave Swansea a penalty because Shawcross wrestled Bony to the ground but we didn't get one for Smalling on Ivanovic when he committed the same offence (there was even Rojo on Terry!)? WTH?! This inconsistent refereeing is absolutely frustrating and pathetic! Moreover, Ivanovic's second yellow card wasn't even a yellow card in the first replace. Even if Di Maria was clipped, it wasn't even intentional.

On the other hand, thought we played well and should have won the game. But once again, we were let down by some poor defending, apart from the rubbish Phil Dowd. Why did no one pick Fellaini in that free kick? I believe he was Ivanovic's man but since he went off, somebody should have taken responsibility and marked him! And I don't want to be harsh on Zouma but he was at fault too - caught ball watching and allowed Van Persie to get away from him. That's twice now we have thrown away leads in the last few minutes in Manchester. I don't really feel gutted, but rather disappointed.

Also, I said before the game if Drogba starts, we are screwed. After watching the game, think I need to eat some humble pie as he proved me wrong. Played well, certainly better than expected. Held up the ball well and linked with others nicely. This despite him not being 100% fit and if he were, think he would have scored with that chance in the first half.

All in all, pleased with the performance but not really with the result. Thankfully the pain of dropping the two points is lessened by City's loss at West Ham.

Takes a big man to admit that well said brother!

I agree with 98% of what was said here except the criticism of Zouma. That play when examined in slow motion makes it look like he was ball watching but in real time that was a bang-bang play, very hard to get there for the intervention.

Phil Dowd had an absolute shocker... Anyone who watched the game(and I watched it with a shit ton of Utd supporters) agreed he and his crew were so poor. Still, thought we could've saw out the match despite his every effort to keep us from getting all three.

The FA wins here! Chelsea go 8pts clear of City and it becomes very difficult to call this a league anyone can win.

I'm worried about Eden. He has to step up, his finish was poor on that 1 on 1 chance. He is playing way too wide and too deep in big games and small games, if we want him to become a big star he needs to play futher up the field nearer the striker, this is probably Jose's choice and not Eden's mind you, because Eden's favourite position is cam, so I doubt he is the one choosing to be so wide.

Having said that he was probably man of the match. he was influential but he needs to be finishing off those chances... That was terrible. He'll be better for it I hope.

proof that you watched a different game... :Goober:

---

Had we faced united of old and this would have been a good result. This united however, will lose points to many teams as they have already.

We did not play a great game and Courtois was incredible. I concur with others... if your keeper is MoTM you cannot claim dominance.

Fellaini is really good in the air, so it was always going to be difficult for Cahill. Though RVP was all alone and that was the real mistake IMO. We lost control of the match as soon as Mikel came on and even by his (IMO low) standards he did not have that great a match giving the ball away when under pressure. Oscar wasn't great, but was obviously doing important things on the pitch with interceptions and making good runs like that one fantastic assist to Drogba.

DeGea could've been MotM too. Hazard or even Drogba.

There wasn't much in the game you guys are looking at it with a fine tooth comb and blowing the result well out of proportion.

Do you even remember one time Courtois had to make an incredible save in the second half? Fellaini's header sure but it resulted in a goal. Most of their efforts were from so far out.

I agree with 98% of what was said here except the criticism of Zouma. That play when examined in slow motion makes it look like he was ball watching but in real time that was a bang-bang play, very hard to get there for the intervention.

He actually takes a step forward following the ball rather than his man which allows van Persie the space to score.

I just got done watching a replay of the second half again minus the tension. It's now clear to me that we lost the control we had of that match when Mourinho made the defensive Oscar for Mikel swap. It's only then United came back into the game.