• Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats prove it, we had such good chances as well though in Drogba's and Eden's, we should of scored more no doubt.

Stats prove it if you didn't watch the game.

Which shot do you remember being threatening? was it Di Maria's blast from 40 yds out into Courtois' hands that had you in awe? Or maybe it was Mata's moon shot 30 yds over the net.

Gary Neville on that Hazard shot: "It would have been better for all of us if that had gone in...

Graeme Souness catches him off guard: "Did you really just say you wanted that one to go in...?"

Lol...I'm more and more convinced that Gary Neville's a closet Chelsea fan... :lol:

Gary Neville on that Hazard shot: "It would have been better for all of us if that had gone in...

Graeme Souness catches him off guard: "Did you really just say you wanted that one to go in...?"

Lol...I'm more and more convinced that Gary Neville's a closet Chelsea fan... :lol:

Yeah, that was hilarious :lol:

Stats prove it if you didn't watch the game.

Which shot do you remember being threatening? was it Di Maria's blast from 40 yds out into Courtois' hands that had you in awe? Or maybe it was Mata's moon shot 30 yds over the net.

The three 1 on 1s Van Persie had maybe? The chipped shot that Courtois did well to keep out? Courtois was motm for a reason.

Arsenal had a couple of chances in the first half that was very open and even, but in the second half they had absolutely NOTHING. We completely dominated them in the second half and we were in complete control of everything till the 94th minute.

If we were so in control how come we could only score one goal, create less chances, have less possession and have to bring on Mikel to shut up shop? Courtois being our man of the match speaks volume, he saved ours ass a couple of times, I can't see many other keepers saving one of Van Pussey's 1 on 1's in the first half where he got out to him quickly, we didn't dominate at all.

Arsenal had a couple of chances in the first half that was very open and even, but in the second half they had absolutely NOTHING. We completely dominated them in the second half and we were in complete control of everything till the 94th minute.

proof that you watched a different game... :Goober:

---

Had we faced united of old and this would have been a good result. This united however, will lose points to many teams as they have already.

We did not play a great game and Courtois was incredible. I concur with others... if your keeper is MoTM you cannot claim dominance.

Fellaini is really good in the air, so it was always going to be difficult for Cahill. Though RVP was all alone and that was the real mistake IMO. We lost control of the match as soon as Mikel came on and even by his (IMO low) standards he did not have that great a match giving the ball away when under pressure. Oscar wasn't great, but was obviously doing important things on the pitch with interceptions and making good runs like that one fantastic assist to Drogba.

Can I just say Phil Dowd is one attention seeking bitch? Absoutely appalled at the horrendous officiating! Every foul we committed is a yellow card while United escaped with so many challenges made. Classic case of the referee succumbing to the pressure at Old Trafford and that doesn't even include the penalty we should have had in the first half.

Seriously, do the referees ever speak to one another or analyze incidents together? Michael Oliver (IIRC) gave Swansea a penalty because Shawcross wrestled Bony to the ground but we didn't get one for Smalling on Ivanovic when he committed the same offence (there was even Rojo on Terry!)? WTH?! This inconsistent refereeing is absolutely frustrating and pathetic! Moreover, Ivanovic's second yellow card wasn't even a yellow card in the first replace. Even if Di Maria was clipped, it wasn't even intentional.

On the other hand, thought we played well and should have won the game. But once again, we were let down by some poor defending, apart from the rubbish Phil Dowd. Why did no one pick Fellaini in that free kick? I believe he was Ivanovic's man but since he went off, somebody should have taken responsibility and marked him! And I don't want to be harsh on Zouma but he was at fault too - caught ball watching and allowed Van Persie to get away from him. That's twice now we have thrown away leads in the last few minutes in Manchester. I don't really feel gutted, but rather disappointed.

Also, I said before the game if Drogba starts, we are screwed. After watching the game, think I need to eat some humble pie as he proved me wrong. Played well, certainly better than expected. Held up the ball well and linked with others nicely. This despite him not being 100% fit and if he were, think he would have scored with that chance in the first half.

All in all, pleased with the performance but not really with the result. Thankfully the pain of dropping the two points is lessened by City's loss at West Ham.

Can I just say Phil Dowd is one attention seeking bitch? Absoutely appalled at the horrendous officiating! Every foul we committed is a yellow card while United escaped with so many challenges made. Classic case of the referee succumbing to the pressure at Old Trafford and that doesn't even include the penalty we should have had in the first half.

Seriously, do the referees ever speak to one another or analyze incidents together? How one earth did Michael Oliver (IIRC) give Swansea a penalty after Shawcross wrestled Bony to the ground but not Smalling on Ivanovic? This inconsistent refereeing is absolutely frustrating and pathetic! Moreover, Ivanovic's second yellow card wasn't even a yellow card in the first replace. Even if Di Maria was clipped, it wasn't even intentional.

On the other hand, thought we played well and should have won the game. But once again, we were let down by some poor defending, apart from the rubbish Phil Dowd. Why did no one pick Fellaini in that free kick? I believe he was Ivanovic's man but since he went off, somebody should have taken responsibility and marked him! And I don't want to be harsh on Zouma but he was at fault too - caught ball watching and allowed Van Persie to get away from him. That's twice now we have thrown away leads in the last few minutes in Manchester. I don't really feel gutted, but rather disappointed.

Also, I said before the game if Drogba starts, we are screwed. After watching the game, think I need to eat some humble pie as he proved me wrong. Played well, certainly better than expected. Held up the ball well and linked with others nicely. This despite him not being 100% fit and if he were, think he would have scored with that chance in the first half.

All in all, pleased with the performance but not really with the result. Thankfully the pain of dropping the two points is lessened by City's loss at West Ham.

:lol: it was great hearing Schmeichel call him out for being arrogant on MOTD. And yeah Zouma took a step forward which allowed van Persie to get to the ball first.

Iva did what he did, but I still think it was Mou fault for the defeat. United is by no meaning some world class team, that we should park the bus after leading by ONE! goal. Kudos to United, they were very good, but after we scored we should go for another. If they equalised earlier, we would still have time to score another. And instead of controling the game, Mou parks the bus, brings Zouma, Mikel on and practicaly says Ok, United you can now attack attack attack.

I understand these tactics in CL or against top teams (City probably only in league), but other times, we should do the job as potential champions and current leaders would do.

Im happy with more open football by Chelsea this season, but Mou has soft spot for United (already seen last season away), and should do better today. Specialy after leading, this result feels very bitter.

:lol: it was great hearing Schmeichel call him out for being arrogant on MOTD.

Knew something dumb was going to happen when I saw him appointed as the referee for this game last Monday. Absolute joke of a referee!

Seriously, do the referees ever speak to one another or analyze incidents together? Michael Oliver (IIRC) gave Swansea a penalty because Shawcross wrestled Bony to the ground but we didn't get one for Smalling on Ivanovic when he committed the same offence (there was even Rojo on Terry!)? WTH?! This inconsistent refereeing is absolutely frustrating and pathetic! Moreover, Ivanovic's second yellow card wasn't even a yellow card in the first replace. Even if Di Maria was clipped, it wasn't even intentional.

If you look at Dowds position for the Terry/Iva challenges, he's in awful position and can't see a thing passed as soon as one lot of bodies run across his path. Compared to the Swansea game where the ref stands at the edge of the box so he can see everything.

His officiating was dire overall today