• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

If dropped points in Manchester cause these type of reactions god knows what this place will be like if we drop points at The Emirates, Anfield, not even going to think about teams further down.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should've won this game, there were many factors that contributed to this draw. One of them being the ref. That free kick that led to the goal was never a free kick or a red card, there was no contact. Speaking of decisions, the ref was awful the entire game, we should've got 2 penalties but I digress. Mourinho's defensive tactics in last 10-15 minutes hurt us big time too.

I knew as soon as I heard Costa/Remy wouldn't be playing this game, I always have a sense of pessimism for this game. People aren't realizing this is the Man Utd team without Rooney, Herrera, Falcao, essentially half of their attack force and we failed to capitalize on this. We fucked up.....

If dropped points in Manchester cause these type of reactions god knows what this place will be like if we drop points at The Emirates, Anfield, not even going to think about teams further down.

shrug.gif

I know....when I look at the top of the table, who do I see? I guess some people can't see the big picture & be satisfied w/ that

Totally gutted. We should have won this game. Three conclusions from the game:

1. Never ever bring a third central defender in the last five minutes. It confuses everyone.

2. We really did not have to bring Mikel. Instead we should have pressed for the second. Bring Mikel when we are 2-0 up. He tends to slow our game with side and back passes.

3. We showed too much respect to a very inferior United team. We should have gone for a win from the start.

It's the way we've dropped points though. If we were 1-0 down, fought really hard and came back to 1-1 I doubt the reactions would be so negative. The problem is that we've been 1-0 up against 10 men and a really poor United side and conceded in both games - so we've dropped 4 points because we decided to sit back rather than take control of the game.

They're not that much better than us, if at all. Against 10 men we should absolutely be dominating the game and killing it off rather than sitting back.

Meh.. They still carry a threat going forward. It wasn't great but once again it almost worked.

Why are we talking about city anyways? That was a great result. This game leaves a sour taste but we came so close, despite having a poorly officiated game.

But again it's not about the points to most of us it's how they got the goal.... A fucking dive and us having a red card.... Which means we loose Ivanović in the next match

But again it's not about the points to most of us it's how they got the goal.... A fucking dive and us having a red card.... Which means we loose Ivanović in the next match

Im talking about the knee jerk reactions in Mous thread.

Dowd deserves everything we throw at him.

Meh.. They still carry a threat going forward. It wasn't great but once again it almost worked.

Why are we talking about city anyways? That was a great result. This game leaves a sour taste but we came so close, despite having a poorly officiated game.

Personally I'm not too bothered about the officiating because these things are generally offset over the course of the season. We were really lucky not to concede a penalty when Costa fouled a City play in their box at 0-0 and when Cesc handballed it in the box against Arsenal. We only have ourselves to blame here for not going for the sucker punch.

Doesn't matter against some League 2 side we will still win 5-0 by playing the likes of Solanke and Baker

Bayern in a much weaker league - 6-3-0 (21-2) after nine games and only one difficult away game against Schalke. Chelsea 7-2-0 (24-9) after trips to both Manchester clubs and Everton. Plus Arsenal at home.

Yes, a draw in the last minute will always be a frustrating result, but not the end of the world as some of you seem to suggest.

Bayern in a much weaker league - 6-3-0 (21-2) after nine games and only one difficult away game against Schalke. Chelsea 7-2-0 (24-9) after trips to both Manchester clubs and Everton. Plus Arsenal at home.

Yes, a draw in the last minute will always be a frustrating result, but not the end of the world as some of you seem to suggest.

The result itself isn't too bad. It's the repeating issue behind it that most (I assume) are annoyed by. Why do we sit back at 1-0 and give the opposition the momentum rather than dominating the game and killing them off? If we're going to go for a more defensive approach then surely it'd be better to press and harrass them all over the park instead of letting them create chances. Stop the attacks at source - don't rely on them missing chances and us being perfect defensively.

Personally I'm not too bothered about the officiating because these things are generally offset over the course of the season. We were really lucky not to concede a penalty when Costa fouled a City play in their box at 0-0 and when Cesc handballed it in the box against Arsenal. We only have ourselves to blame here for not going for the sucker punch.

Are we talking about city or utd I'm confused? If its utd I would say we were well in control of the game up until the last mins? We had all of the good chances in the second half so can't really argue with the approach. The result stings a bit is all