• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

I think we started slowly poor first half. we played well in the first 15-20 minuets of the second half, scored the goal and then seat back inviting united to attack us in the end we payed the price.

Jose gave united too much respect we should have tear them apart! frustrating result but... that goal from Didier what a De Ja vu from 2012!! what a player

According to some (lionsden to be clear), it would have been better if torres or bamford were the 3rd striker and lead us against united at OT. :lol:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City are going to absolutely smash them. It could be 5 or 6. Man Utd are bad, really bad in fact, that they got a result against us doesn't change anything.

City are much more precise and technical than Chelsea and will exploit all of Man Utd's weaknesses.

City are playing at home, so it's different. We would have swept them aside if this was at Stamford Bridge. And City are nothing special themselves, that's why we're 6 points clear of them.

Frustrating result to say the least, but a 6 point gap over City in October is ok I guess. Should have been more, but...... nevermind. I'm sure the lads will build on that.

Massive game from Drogs, Eden, Matic, Thibo and the back four. Others were meehhh and Cesc had no one to pass to, there wasn't a single run behind that fucking defence.

United lucky to have gotten a draw, Chelsea was head and shoulders above them. Especially in the 2nd half. Tactically sound. Was there a single goalscoring opportunity for United before that goal? In the 2nd half?

Onwards and upwards :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Also I've come to learn to never get excited for Oscar because just when you think he's turned a corner he'll regress in the next game. There are few places our team can improve but his position is one of them. Him and William just don't have the offensive capabilities to do what the position requires of them. They put in a good shift defensively but I don't think it's enough.

City are playing at home, so it's different. We would have swept them aside if this was at Stamford Bridge. And City are nothing special themselves, that's why we're 6 points clear of them.

Lets not forget we were missing Remy and Costa. I honestly believe they would have made a big difference today.

Man City are going to absolutely smash them. It could be 5 or 6. Man Utd are bad, really bad in fact, that they got a result against us doesn't change anything.

City are much more precise and technical than Chelsea and will exploit all of Man Utd's weaknesses.

Agree about Utd but I don't know about City destroying them. City have been looking very suspect in transition. They're not as dominant in midfield as well. And they're relying a bit too much on Aguero for goals.

If they find their form, they'll win. But play like they have been the past weeks and they'll most likely loose points.

We all thought we were going to smash them too. I doubt they will smash them.

So guys, I understand the disappointment and I concur, but ...

Having passed two of our toughest away games of the season already we still haven't lost in 9 games.

Is there any top team in Europe that has better points than us (Bayern perhaps?)?

Moreover, according to Jose's philosophy, if you win your home games and draw your away games against direct "rival contenders",

you become champions. So I'd say we've done quite brilliantly so far - even though, with that stroke of luck it c/should've been more...

Imo the battle today was lost on the mid-field by Fellaini owning Fabregas - Matic was his usual monster-self and was outstanding,

but had it not been for that key duel we would've definitely scored more. Finally, we played with our third striker and still were a breath away from winning.

So cheer up lads, drink yourselves silly to the happy realisation that the title is one step closer blue%20scalf.gif

What?! gw-close20door.gif

6 points better off than last season's champion and still unbeaten. Clearly we were better under the great Rafa.

I get that Mourinho chances of success are not 100% but it's pretty dang high and I can't think of anyone else I want in charge.

We have been good but 6 points better off at this point is due to other teams being very terrible.

In a one-off game, home or away, Man City can smash 18 teams in the Premier League. The current Man Utd side are no different to Aston Villa in a game against Man City. Man City are just too good on the ball to not punish them.

Annoying result given we were 1 up with 30 seconds left but we invited the pressure. We brought Mikel on with 20 mins to go and while we were turning the screw a little looking for the 2nd. Why?? Don't have anyone to blame but ourselves imo. Anyone who blames the ref needs to open their eyes a little. We should have gone for the throat when we scored the first. We didn't, we sat back and was punished.

Still, a point gained on City. Still unbeaten. Its not all doom and gloom.

I don't like the notion of this is a shit United team so we should have smashed them, it isn't as simple as that.

Between Carlos second season and the Rafa spell when we weren't very good and United were on top we ALWAYS turned up at SW6 against them put in a performance and more often than not got a result.

No matter what the form and circumstance, United will always find an extra gear at home against Chelsea,it was practically roles reversal from a couple years back.

In a one-off game, home or away, Man City can smash 18 teams in the Premier League. The current Man Utd side are no different to Aston Villa in a game against Man City. Man City are just too good on the ball to not punish them.

It's not a handicap match, United also have attackers to, you know. Mangala, Fernando and Clichy have been very suspect in defending for them. City will win, most likely comfortably, but I won't be surprised if United nick a draw.

We have been good but 6 points better off at this point is due to other teams being very terrible.

True, got a point there. But I think that's they way leagues are won, exploiting other teams failure to get points. How often did a utd team winning the title under Fergie play terribly and grinding 1-0 wins while title rivals get draws.

Some of you need to get a grip. Disappointing to drop points at that stage of the game, but United isn't nearly as bad as some of you are making them out to be. Ticky tack foul at the end and not worthy of a yellow. But six points clear of City isn't the worst position to be in. Lol @ those of you asking if bringing Jose back was right move.

True, got a point there. But I think that's they way leagues are won, exploiting other teams failure to get points. How often did a utd team winning the title under Fergie play terribly and grinding 1-0 wins while title rivals get draws.

Fergies team had good ??? refs