• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

Its definitely a guessing game at the moment. Keane ? Blimey didnt hear anything about that. Keane is just the sort of 'personality' that the board will try and protect Abramovich from. They need a cotton wool buffer zone, which is why Sven with his polite demeanor, PR friendly manner is the sort they will go for. Also, tapped up before.

I dont think he'd be that bad tbh -definitely knows his football, and although not my choice, is a massive, massive improvement on the fat tramp.

Sven would be bottom of the pile of potential managers for me! I think they will go for who they feel is the best available, obviously depending on what their criteria is.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can definitely see a Mancini/Sven partnership a possibility, seeing as they've worked together before. In fact might stick a couple of quid on that.

If the last choice is anything to go by we'll have a Warnock/Holloway dream ticket

Ok....Now someone please explain to me why on earth is Scolari the front runner.

No doubt that man has managed for many years,but h has managed a host of Arab and South American clubs. HE HAS ZERO experience of managing a European club. His only achievement is to help a star studded bookies' favourite brazilian team win the World Cup against a German team minus Ballack. He took portuguese to the Finals but failed to beat GREECE!!!...and does he speak english? I dont think so.

I am not amused by this news. I dont want Scolari. I want someone who has an expirience of managing a European club.

I definately expect an announcement tomorrow, now they have sacked Ten Cate. Its obvious that the incoming man has told them he wants his team in there so its down the road with Henk first, then announce the new boss, I so hope its Sparky. Tough,Respected,Hard working player and I think with a big club, ie us, He will become a manager with the same and more credentials. The only thing that could be a bit iffy, is the Roman interference, I'm not sure Hughes would put up with that.

I really have no clue who is gonna be the manager next season. Though I personally want a manager has a good CV, one who can bring attacking football, can deal with the egos, incorporate some youth, and one that wont bring too much attention to Chelsea in the press, which Roman & Co. will deffo want.....if such a manager exists.

As for the one that is most popular with the fans, I'm not so sure. Sparky is a nice choice for the romantics but I don't know if he has got everything we need in a manager right now. Don't get me wrong, I think Mark Hughes is great, he has many great qualities. He can command respect from the players and he is a fans favorite, but how can we hire a manager who hasn't yet managed a team in the UCL before when it is deffo one of our main targets next season? I just don't see it working out the same way that everyone dreams it will. It is always nice to have an ex Chelsea player as manager but that should be just a bonus.

Whoever comes in as the manager of Chelsea next season, good luck to him, he'll need it.

So, is anyone confident of who our new manager is going to be yet? Because i certainly am not :)

It does appear that the man has been decided upon with the departure of Ten Cate, but there is nothing yet to indicate who that man is. Mancini, Hughes and Scolari still the frontrunners. It is going to be an interesting weekend thats for sure...

Why would Mancini and Sven work toegether, both would feel that they are good enough to manage a top club independantly.....

Filthy lucre. Plus, they worked together at SS Lazio. As it stands all options still seem open at the moment though Rijkaard seems less likely.....

Filthy lucre. Plus, they worked together at SS Lazio. As it stands all options still seem open at the moment though Rijkaard seems less likely.....

A couple of the papers are mentioning Rijkaard again this morning!! The more i run over the candidates the more i only fancy Rijkaard or Hughes for various reasons.

Well Hughes is definitely the fans choice -but will Abramovich try and court public favour by appointing him ?

Sky has Big Phil as favourite again now.

It is strange how there is absolutely nothing on Hughes in the papers, other than he is one of the candidates but he is still the second favorite! Hughes is by far an away the fans favorite for the job. If we do appoint Hughes it means we are prepared to go for something more long term.

The one question i would have with Hughes is the ability to bring attacking football, his Blackburn side have improved vastly in the last couple of years, but i am still not sure.

can sparky manage superstars, deliver epl/champions league trophy or bring attacking football to the bridge in one season???

I believe he can. He has turned Blackburn from a mid-table, mediocre side into a team that is challening for the UEFA Cup season after season. He has worked with average players, and has an eye for a good signing, such as McCarthy and Santa Cruz in recent seasons. With all the options we have and endless hoardes of money at his disposal, I see no reason why Chelsea under Mark Hughes would not lift the EPL trophy.

Edited by BlueLion

Well every Chelsea forum you look on it is Hughes leading the votes, very very popular choice now and one that i don't think hardly anyone would disagree with. Even on the CTV phone in last night it was all for Hughes. So if the club are looking at fan opinion then Hughes is a very realy option. The thing is with Hughes though given the fact he has never managed at this very very high level you would have to give him a seasons grace to get to grips and really settle and build his team.

Chelsea need continuity of managership. If they get Scolari, Mancini, it'll last max 3 years, probably less, with Abramovichs quest for instant gratification.

I would like Hughes or a 'hungry to win' younger manager be given the long term option.

The first season may be silverware free, worse than Grants season where he just sat doing fuck all, if the manger has to introduce new players. But, I'd sacrifice a season to see long term growth and success. No one thought much of Ferguson or Wengers first season, but the respective boards had the foresight to spot long term potential and the rewards of continuity of permanent stewardship

Well we are comming to somewhat of a dead end. The fans want Hughes, the media are claiming Mancini and there are no new names on the scene. It seems that someone has been decided on so lets get on with it and find out who it is once and for all.....