• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

Yes he has done a brilliant job. Head of youth develoment and has made the academy top top class. Signed some quality players - Kakuta, Stoch, Tejera, Van Aanholt, Bruma ect... his work is not something that you will see every day. Once we see these players come through it will be easier to appreciate what he does, but it is already clear looking at the youth team.

Depends if they come through though. Not one first team regular as yet.

The Youth set up does not sit prettily with Kenyons World domination Vision -as for that 2010 'Top of the World' criteria the Worlds best need to be assembled immediately. With that pressure the Youth System is nothing more than window dressing.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if they come through though. Not one first team regular as yet.

The Youth set up does not sit prettily with Kenyons World domination Vision -as for that 2010 'Top of teh World' criteria the Worlds best need to be assembled immediately. with that pressure the Youth System is nothing more than window dressing.

It takes time unfortunately, Mancienne, Cork, Smith ect.. are all from the old set up who are the ones really of the right age to break though. Sinclair is the first of the new regime to have made an impact, over the next couple of years we will see plenty more pushing for a place.

It takes time unfortunately, Mancienne, Cork, Smith ect.. are all from the old set up who are the ones really of the right age to break though. Sinclair is the first of the new regime to have made an impact, over the next couple of years we will see plenty more pushing for a place.

Arnesen has a great eye for spotting players, (or rather his 200 scouting staff do) of that theres no doubt - Gudjohnsen and Robben to name just two.

I cant help thinking he was appointed by Abramovich in order to, yes, spot potentials, but by default stop other clubs having them.

His role is pretty redundant at Chelsea, as top players will be bought in to fulfil that 'one of the best clubs in the world' status. The Corks and Jimmy Smiths might get a bit of look in with a new manager set up -one that encourages youth from within -but if that doesnt sit pretty with the demand for silverware season in and season out -the best they can hope for is the same old loaned out scenario.

This is more than likely the outcome with 99% of the Youth Team.

The vast Majority of all of our youth players won't make it with us no matter what we do, same for every club. We are on the right course now and all our youth teamers are highly talented players.

We have been told that the club and Roman want us to start using the academy, this is seemingly a requirement for the club and i would imagine a point of discussion when interviewing prospective managers. I am sure this is the case and hopefully the new man will take a good look at what we have available.

We may have ''been told that Roman wants us to start using the academy'' but the difference between a rumour and reality is vast.

The reality is its an irrelevance and lends credibilty to a nurturing myth.

The reality is the demand for continuing success requires players are immediately bought in that have already attained the top level, barring an exceptonal talent.

Well we may be waiting a while -though I've a feeling an anouncement could be made tomorrow.

The other thing about the Youth Academy is that it can pay for itself or generate a profit whilst fulfilling the facade of potential future first teamers.

A factory farm that produces pedigree players for slightly lesser teams...

Well we may be waiting a while -though I've a feeling an anouncement could be made tomorrow.

The other thing about the Youth Academy is that it can pay for itself or generate a profit whilst fulfilling the facade of potential future first teamers.

A factory farm that produces pedigree players for slightly lesser teams...

Lol, not down with the academy are you FB? :D

Only time will how good it is, now is not the right time to judge.

I am very suprised an announcement hasn't already been made to be honest, but because it is all being kept well under wraps we have zero idea what is going on! I would hope we will know something by the end of the weekend.

Lol, not down with the academy are you FB? :D

Only time will how good it is, now is not the right time to judge.

I am very suprised an announcement hasn't already been made to be honest, but because it is all being kept well under wraps we have zero idea what is going on! I would hope we will know something by the end of the weekend.

If only :) No it's just obvious from what's been happening. By that token its impossible to say Arnesen is doing a brilliant job. He heads a scouting network that is highly unlikely to ever produce regular first teamers in 99% of cases , but will still hopefully reap a profit.

He may be good at talent spotting, and the next Terry or Ronaldo may be amongst the Cobham contingent , but his primary role is procurement of young players to develop and sell on. Bit like pimping.

Hopefully our next manager will play Stoch and Sinclair et al and have faith ala Ferguson and Wenger.

If only :) No it's just obvious from what's been happening. By that token its impossible to say Arnesen is doing a brilliant job. He heads a scouting network that is highly unlikely to ever produce regular first teamers in 99% of cases , but will still hopefully reap a profit.

He may be good at talent spotting, and the next Terry or Ronaldo may be amongst the Cobham contingent , but his primary role is procurement of young players to develop and sell on. Bit like pimping.

Hopefully our next manager will play Stoch and Sinclair et al and have faith ala Ferguson and Wenger.

Isn't that what all academies do? Give all the players hopefully a carear in football and if good enough their first team. 99% of every clubs academy players will leave for another club, with that elusive 1% making it into the first team.

No more moves on the new manager today it seems after the news that Scolari and Ancelotti are now targets for us. Hughes and Mancini still being the favorites, even though nothing has been confirmed on Mancini from Inter yet!

Isn't that what all academies do? Give all the players hopefully a carear in football and if good enough their first team. 99% of every clubs academy players will leave for another club, with that elusive 1% making it into the first team.

No more moves on the new manager today it seems after the news that Scolari and Ancelotti are now targets for us. Hughes and Mancini still being the favorites, even though nothing has been confirmed on Mancini from Inter yet!

Academies at lower clubs have more urgency in producing players for the first team due to financial restrictions - less need at 'rich' clubs -they just buy off the peg ready made players and use the youth system as a cash cow.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Abarmovichs/Kenyons office -would make a fortune if you knew who the nexrt incumbent was :)

Academies at lower clubs have more urgency in producing players for the first team due to financial restrictions - less need at 'rich' clubs -they just buy off the peg ready made players and use the youth system as a cash cow.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Abarmovichs/Kenyons office -would make a fortune if you knew who the nexrt incumbent was :)

Even the spammers would only have about 90% - 95% of their youth team making it through i would have thought. It is right that everyone is pushing for academies to be run better in the future, all clubs should be working harder to produce their own talent, and especially English talent.

Yup, you would get decent odds on anyone at the moment, no-one has a f**king clue who the next boss will be. Hopefully the board do though!

Even the spammers would only have about 90% - 95% of their youth team making it through i would have thought. It is right that everyone is pushing for academies to be run better in the future, all clubs should be working harder to produce their own talent, and especially English talent.

Yup, you would get decent odds on anyone at the moment, no-one has a f**king clue who the next boss will be. Hopefully the board do though!

Thats because Wham Feeder Team are our real academy :) Sven or Scolari the more I think who it could be. How long before Hughes told Abramovich or Kenyon to do one ?

Thats because Wham Feeder Team are our real academy :) Sven or Scolari the more I think who it could be. How long before Hughes told Abramovich or Kenyon to do one ?

Oh please not Sven..... really don't want to see Sven in charge!!!

It's interesting that there is nothing comming out of the Hughes camp. Yesterday when someone randomly mentioned Keane, Quinn was all over the press gobbing off! But nothing out of Blackburn or Hughes. Could mean there is nothing at all there or it could mean talks are on and they are being ultra confidential.

Oh please not Sven..... really don't want to see Sven in charge!!!

It's interesting that there is nothing comming out of the Hughes camp. Yesterday when someone randomly mentioned Keane, Quinn was all over the press gobbing off! But nothing out of Blackburn or Hughes. Could mean there is nothing at all there or it could mean talks are on and they are being ultra confidential.

Its definitely a guessing game at the moment. Keane ? Blimey didnt hear anything about that. Keane is just the sort of 'personality' that the board will try and protect Abramovich from. They need a cotton wool buffer zone, which is why Sven with his polite demeanor, PR friendly manner is the sort they will go for. Also, tapped up before.

I dont think he'd be that bad tbh -definitely knows his football, and although not my choice, is a massive, massive improvement on the fat tramp.