• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

I would anytime prefer laudrup to hughes. why?

Simply because, There is an oceans gap between the quality of Getafe and Blackburn. Getafe if im not mistaken was just promoted(correct me im wrong) and to take a club like that within a whisker of a semi final of UEFA cup is a far greater achievement. And yes, they do play attacking football.

Huges Doesnt have much to show on his CV. and does laudrup? atleast hughes has manged in EPL for 4 years

Ans. Atleast laudrup plays entertaining football and not defensive. again refer to my first point.

Hughes Doesnt play attractive football. getafe scored 44 goals in la liga all season

Ans. Laudrup had argument with the owners who dint provide him with the players he needed. Still he managed to take them to the QF. Blackburn for all the quality that they have have scored 50 and conceded 48 same as Getafe.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply because, There is an oceans gap between the quality of Getafe and Blackburn. Getafe if im not mistaken was just promoted(correct me im wrong) and to take a club like that within a whisker of a semi final of UEFA cup is a far greater achievement. And yes, they do play attacking football.

Ans. Atleast laudrup plays entertaining football and not defensive. again refer to my first point.

Laudrup had argument with the owners who dint provide him with the players he needed. Still he managed to take them to the QF. Blackburn for all the quality that they have have scored 50 and conceded 48 same as Getafe.

Getafe were promoted last to last season and finished 9th under Schuster in la liga and for the sensational achievemnt he got the madrid job..

then they played attacking football, the team was already built and only needed a bit of tweaking..

they finished 14th under laudrup.. they had their high scoring games but weren't clinical and hence often resorted to defenidng their lead..

blackburn's quality comes through the manger getting the maximum out of their players, to get santa cruz for 3.5million, and then get all those goals is amazing.. i wouldn't be too off target to suggest blackburn have s[pent marginally more than getafe this season but i'm not sure.

Another day and we are STILL no nearer knowing who is going to be the new boss. Today we have confirmation that we are looking into Scolari and also that we are taking a look at Carlo Ancelotti.....i really hope this doesn't drag out till after the Euros..

Another day and we are STILL no nearer knowing who is going to be the new boss. Today we have confirmation that we are looking into Scolari and also that we are taking a look at Carlo Ancelotti.....i really hope this doesn't drag out till after the Euros..

I think it might just drag.

Abramovich listens most closely to Tenenbaum and Eugene Schvidler, he also takes counsel from Kenyon, who is backing the fans fave Sparky.

'Super' agent parasite Pini Zahavi, former Chelsea guvnor Bobby Campbell, Piet De Visser and Arnesen also chuck in their suggestions.

Out of these, Abramovich is most likely to listen to Zahavi as it was him that brokered the buying of Chelsea for Abramovich.

Zahavi has been banging on about Scolari -(he acts as his agent) Roberto Mancini and Eriksson -who he also just happens to act as agent for. So my money would be on Erikson or Scolari at the moment. Either way Zahavi will add another several million to his bank account

To be honst i am very suprised that it has taken as long as it as! But making the right appointment is crucial for us. No matter what happens it seems you are not going to please everyone, us Chelsea fans are a hard bunch to please thats for sure!

The favorites for the job keep changing by the hour! The original favorite Rijkaard isn't even in the picture anymore seemingly and all of a sudden Scolari and Ancelotti have come out of no-where. At least it seems like we are in detail exploring all options and interviewing all potential managers.

Although i still find it extremely hard to believe that this hasn't been done for along time now!

It's not something to be rushed into - as we could end up with a fat waste of space :) Though the sooner its sorted the sooner we can get on with the exits and signings.

Ancelotti allegedly met with Abramovich on Monday, but my money would still be on someone that Zahavi fronts.

It's not something to be rushed into - as we could end up with a fat waste of space :) Though the sooner its sorted the sooner we can get on with the exits and signings.

Ancelotti allegedly met with Abramovich on Monday, but my money would still be on someone that Zahavi fronts.

I love the visual image that comes out from all the stories at the moment that Roman is sitting there with all his advisors pushing their candidate. It makes me laugh that Roman is viewed as some sort of imbecile who is easily led into making descisions that are not always the best.

If we are currently looking at various options then it will be done in the right way by looking at all the candidates and probably interviewing them as well and then deciding which one fits what the club are looking for or who puts forward the best case rather than which advisor is best able to convince Roman...

just how many people does zahavi represent?

Dozens. One of the worlds richest people.

Abarmovich is a bit of an imbecile if the last candidate was anything to go by. distracted by his divorce and new minge methinks.

Its Abramovichs club at the end of the day, he will make the decision -and he'll be looking for a combination of experience and malleability.

btw it looks as though Rijkaard has dropped off the radar because Ten 'Crates is on his way out the door if press reports are to be believed. Due a meeting with Kenyon yesterday -a sacking- but was on holiday instead....

Dozens. One of the worlds richest people.

Abarmovich is a bit of an imbecile if the last candidate was anything to go by. distracted by his divorce and new minge methinks.

Its Abramovichs club at the end of the day, he will make the decision -and he'll be looking for a combination of experience and malleability.

btw it looks as though Rijkaard has dropped off the radar because Ten 'Crates is on his way out the door if press reports are to be believed. Due a meeting with Kenyon yesterday -a sacking- but was on holiday instead....

Conflicting reports on Ten Cate, some saying he is going to stay - others that he will leave. How this can be decided before a new man comes in is beyond me! A new manager brings his own team, the only way i can see Ten Cate staying is if it is Rijkaard that is brough in - or a very inexperienced manager.

Conflicting reports on Ten Cate, some saying he is going to stay - others that he will leave. How this can be decided before a new man comes in is beyond me! A new manager brings his own team, the only way i can see Ten Cate staying is if it is Rijkaard that is brough in - or a very inexperienced manager.

Some backroom staff remain as we've seen.

What I would really like to see now is a candidate not too old -who will create a successful dynasty. Maybe too strong a word -but some continuity. Someone who will utilise Youth Team developers-not just go for kaka, Ronaldhino or whoevers the biggest star of the day

Some backroom staff remain as we've seen.

What I would really like to see now is a candidate not too old -who will create a successful dynasty. Maybe too strong a word -but some continuity. Someone who will utilise Youth Team developers-not just go for kaka, Ronaldhino or whoevers the biggest star of the day

Absolutely, that is one thing the new man must be able to do. We have a splendid youth set up and we need to start using that, and that can only happen by giving these players the chance. Ideally we would like someone who can last a long while for us and create something special....

Right now i wouldn't want to guess who it is as it could be anyone. But we need to start preparing for next season NOW, the in's and outs of the squad have to be gotten under way so we are ready for the start of the new season....

Agree about the comment regarding the youth set-up, Arnesen has done a brilliant job. But yes, the new manager should use the younger players in the Carling Cup's earlier rounds in my view, as Arsene Wenger does.

Has Arnesen done a brilliant job ? To me he seems to be living on past glories of 'discovering' Rudd Niistleroy etc and just parked himself at Chelsea raking in the loot.

Cant think of anything hes done tbh -apart from tap up Nathan Porritt.

Lets have a look at where things stand at the moment then:

Jose Mourninho - Has ruled himself out of the running and seemingly on the verge of being appointed as manager of Inter Milan - Never going to happen

Frank Rijkaard - Early favorite even before he had left Barcelona and Grant had been sacked. Since then it has gone very very quiet to his name hardly being mentioned, still one of the favorites but has dropped out the picture somewhat - Possible

Guus Hiddink - Ruled himself out early on in the race and is seemingly not interested in a move to Chelsea even if we are interested. Again, now more stories since then. - Highly Unlikely

Didier Dechamps - Bit of a fanfare about him when he annouced he was on the shortlist. Since then he has dropped out the picture as other names come into the frame. Not completely out of the picture yet though. - Possible

Mark Hughes - Aparently the fans favorite for the job and is being tipped to succeed by some in the Chelsea management. One of the names that is staying in the picture at the moment. - Very Possible

Marcello Lippi - Today has ruled himself out of the job saying that he wouldn't want the job because he can't speak any English and he must be able to communicate with the team. - Highly unlikely

Roberto Mancini - Not fancied by many fans but is the current favorite for the job with his departure from Inter. Although that seems to be the ONLY reason for him being linked, his agent saying no approach has been made by Chelsea, but virtually begging us to do so. - Very Possible

Big Phil Scolari - Odds on him dropped massively today after the Portugese FA confirmed we have made an approach which means that we want to be able to talk to him about the position. Before that was just a name mentioned in passing withuout much seriousness, today he is the big news. - Possible

Sven Goren Eriksson - One name that will not go away but one that most people wish would. Aparently will take over as manager of Mexico but still being mentioned in most reports of potential managers. - Unlikely

Carlo Ancelotti - Another new name in the hat, aparently Roman has had talks with him about the job. No clearer if he is a REAL potential candidate, Milan sayign we can have him for 40 million euros or we can swap him for Drogba. - Possible

Well thats cleared that up then :)

Has Arnesen done a brilliant job ? To me he seems to be living on past glories of 'discovering' Rudd Niistleroy etc and just parked himself at Chelsea raking in the loot.

Cant think of anything hes done tbh -apart from tap up Nathan Porritt.

Yes he has done a brilliant job. Head of youth develoment and has made the academy top top class. Signed some quality players - Kakuta, Stoch, Tejera, Van Aanholt, Bruma ect... his work is not something that you will see every day. Once we see these players come through it will be easier to appreciate what he does, but it is already clear looking at the youth team.