• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

It is possible to be very strong defensively and still be entertaining, it s all about having the right players and playing in the right way. To be honest i would not know what type of football to expect should we appoint Mancini or Dechamps, and even Hughes to a certain extent.

It is obvious that the club want the team to play with flair and attack minded, the new manager will be told this and will be expected to deliver, it doesn't mean that they have to have a history of producing this typoe of football, because not many teams get given the hype that the Arse, Manure and Barca get when it comes to their football.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I say, defensive football suits the squad. Make the right changes, ie. introduce the likes of Ribery, Kaka, Van der Vaart, and the mentality of the squad changes drastically.

Completely agree, i don't think we have the players at the moment to produce the football that is aparently required. I am sure that will be changed this summer no matter who is in charge.

Speaking about whoever may be in charge, Mancini has left Inter, according to his agent. Could be a load of rubbish.

Looks authentic enough, doesn't mean he is comming here though. The media and the Bookies truly have no idea who it is going to be, a new favorite every day at the moment. At least the club are doing this quietly enough..... although we are aparently interviewing and you would have thought they would have caught wind of a few interviews happening.

Why is that?

He does not give young players a chance. They have one of the best young players coming through their ranks mario balotelli, he is 17 every time he has played he has scored. Including agianst juve he scored 2 then mancini just leaves him on the bench for 4 games then brings him back.

Edited by Badboy

Mark Hughes for me would do the trick.

He's a Chelsea fan to start with, played with passion and pride for us during his playing career, which face it he was coming to the end of when he signed for us, and he has the credentials to make the step up to managing a big team. My only question would be, could Sparky manage the ego's of the big name players like Ballack and Shevchenko?

Also as i've said before i think Sparky would bring David Bentley to the Bridge with him and that in itself would be a nice bonus.

And as for Jose coming back, come on guys get over it

Edited by Byatt

i pick big phil he's got balls of steel and a world cup winner too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its possible, we have a lot of Brazilian connections with the amount of Brazilian and Portuguese players we have at the club. Not my ideal candidate, but he is certainly an experienced chap.

Mancini's a dick. Two of the titles he won buy default and he did his best to throw this years away. He's well known for falling out with the players constantly - there's no ego as big as his in the dressing room. Who wants his style of football anyway?

I'd go for Hughes, think he'd make a right good job of it, in fact, the more Ive thought about it, the better I like the idea.

Edited by misschief

So, Sparky is the Fan's favourite!!

I dont know why.

I wouldnt want a coach just because he was an ex Chelsea player.

I would anytime prefer laudrup to hughes.

Huges Doesnt have much to show on his CV.

Hughes Doesnt play attractive football.

And Roman wants both. He wants a winner. and thats why rijkaard is not even in the reckoning.

So, Sparky is the Fan's favourite!!

I dont know why.

I wouldnt want a coach just because he was an ex Chelsea player.

I would anytime prefer laudrup to hughes. why?

Huges Doesnt have much to show on his CV. and does laudrup? atleast hughes has manged in EPL for 4 years

Hughes Doesnt play attractive football. getafe scored 44 goals in la liga all season

And Roman wants both. He wants a winner. and thats why rijkaard is not even in the reckoning.

Chelsea face fight with Portuguese FA over Scolari

The Portuguese Football Federation said last night that Chelsea are keen to appoint Luiz Felipe Scolari as their next manager. "I already know that Chelsea are interested in Scolari," said the federation's vice-president Amandio De Carvalho when asked about the Brazilian's future.

Scolari is out of contract after Euro 2008, and the Portuguese confirmed that they want to hold talks with him about a new deal when the squad arrives in Switzerland on Sunday ahead of the tournament.

Scolari has also let it be known that he wants to sort out his future in the next couple of weeks which means that Chelsea may have to move quickly if they intend to choose him as Avram Grant's successor.

Gilberto Madial, the federation's president, is likely to offer Scolari a new contract and a pay increase – he currently earns €2.4m (£1.9m) a year. The former World Cup winner, who is increasingly unlikely to join Manchester City, knows that he could earn far more at Stamford Bridge. In some ways, however, the scenario is started to look like a re-run of the Football Association's pursuit of Scolari in 2006.

With still no consensus from the Chelsea hierarchy on whom they should move for to succeed Grant, the clubs and national associations who believe that their managers are under consideration are moving to shore up their men with new contracts.

Mark Hughes is the only British manager in Roman Abramovich's sights, but the Chelsea owner will not get his man cheap if he decides to try and do a deal with Blackburn Rovers this month.

Hughes' future at Ewood Park is protected by the same sort of rolling contract deal that Sir Alex Ferguson has with Manchester United.

Hughes agreed a two-year fixed contract deal with Blackburn last summer, with an extra year on a rolling contract. There are no plans at the club to speak to their manager (who is currently on holiday) about a new deal this summer because they believe the two years' notice that would have to be paid up on his contract gives them adequate protection. There have been no approaches yet from Chelsea for the 44-year-old.

The rolling contract was used by Ferguson when he signed his last deal with United in January 2004 and a similar arrangement means Blackburn can go down to the last year of a contract without fear of losing Hughes without compensation.

At the very least, Blackburn will be able to demand one year's value of the contract although that is not likely to be a problem for Abramovich. Hughes, who finished seventh with Blackburn in the Premier League this season, is understood to be the candidate that Peter Kenyon, Chelsea's chief executive, is backing for the job.

With no official contact yet for Hughes and an inquiry for the former Germany manager Jürgen Klinsmann – now the new Bayern Munich manager – rebuffed, it is only Roberto Mancini of the front-runners who has announced his candidature.

Mancini's drawn-out departure from Internazionale – he announced his intention to quit when they were eliminated by Liverpool from the Champions League in March – came to a close yesterday when Mancini's advisor, Maurizio de Giorgis, confirmed that he had been sacked on Tuesday. He said that there had been no contact with Chelsea, adding: "Roberto Mancini is not a person or coach who likes to propose himself to a club, he waits for a club to look after him so we are in that position right now.

"We are not proposing Mancini to any club, but Chelsea are one of the top five clubs in the world so it is more likely, if there will be any talk, for it to happen now rather than then."

Jose Mourinho is expected to be named the new manager of the Serie A club within the next two days.

The former Chelsea manager's interest in Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba is long-standing, but it now seems that he will also try to recruit his former defender Ricardo Carvalho, who also played for him at Porto, when he takes over the Milan club.

Source: Independent

Edited by bombayblue™