• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

There more you look at it the more it is looking the best thing to do. To look at our bench and see a group of ex-Chelsea sitting there taking control of the team we all love would be a huge boost for everyone. And it will show that we are looking long term and have the club at heart. Like you say he will be given a chance, certainly by the fans to build something for the long term.

I think the time is right now to make the appointment. The transfer market is starting to crank up now and if we are not careful we are going to miss out on targets, the likes of Dos Santos, Robinho, Moutinho ect are all being linked with other big clubs.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There more you look at it the more it is looking the best thing to do. To look at our bench and see a group of ex-Chelsea sitting there taking control of the team we all love would be a huge boost for everyone. And it will show that we are looking long term and have the club at heart. Like you say he will be given a chance, certainly by the fans to build something for the long term.

I think the time is right now to make the appointment. The transfer market is starting to crank up now and if we are not careful we are going to miss out on targets, the likes of Dos Santos, Robinho, Moutinho ect are all being linked with other big clubs.

I cant believe the board had no one lined up knowing Grunt was out the door. The board are starting to seriously fuck me off -they seem to be relying on ''brand Chelsea'' and a huge salary as enough to attract a candidate.

To me the manager should be the golden egg, it's the future, and we need continuity.

If you asked ManUtd or Arsenal what's their most precious asset -it's obvious, it's not Ronaldo, or Old Trafford -but Purplenose. The candidate we appoint should be considered, and treated as a long term investment -not someone that Roman can discard and just buy another off the shelf , with a complicit nodding dog board -slaves to their inflated salaries.

I cant believe the board had no one lined up knowing Grunt was out the door. The board are starting to seriously fuck me off -they seem to be relying on ''brand Chelsea'' and a huge salary as enough to attract a candidate.

To me the manager should be the golden egg, it's the future, and we need continuity.

If you asked ManUtd or Arsenal what's their most precious asset -it's obvious, it's not Ronaldo, or Old Trafford -but Purplenose. The candidate we appoint should be considered, and treated as a long term investment -not someone that Roman can discard and just buy another off the shelf , with a complicit nodding dog board -slaves to their inflated salaries.

Like you i find it hard to believe that the board didn't have someone lined up already. But it looks like that wasn't the case which is a bit of a cock up.

They can totally redeem themselves by getting this appointment right and backing it in the right way to ensure long term success for our club. There are a lot of things going in favour of Hughes, most of all he is the fans favorite. Rijkaard on the other hand has the attractive football edge.

Absolutely, just like when jose was at Chelsea..

The odds on Hughes are dropping faster than a pair of Jodie Marsh's knickers!!!! Not that it means anything in reality because everyone has been favorite at one time or another!

Still no indication from the media other than Sky's announcement! But it is encouraging to hear that there is something brewing...

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes has given Chelsea a 48-hour window of opportunity to offer him the job of manager at Stamford Bridge before he signs for Manchester City.

The ball is squarely in the russian Billionaires court, and a decision is likely in the next 24 hours....

from Telegraph online

will we know more in 24 hours? This has gone in so many different directions that it is impossible to know. Although a lot of the press are running with the story of news within 24 hours..... right now Hughes is the red hot favorite and looking more likely.

I go on a small holiday of 4 days tomorrow evening.. i dont want to miss the presentation and hear the name from my manc or goon friends..

Well it certainly doesn't look like anything is going to happen today. There may be more news come tommorow morning, but we will have to wait and see. Everything at the moment is all about Hughes.

I dont know if I am too keen on Hughes. OK....He is a good coach. But no xperience of managing a team in Champions league. I cant see how Hughes will help us win the Champions league. Mancini for me is a better option or even Rijkaard.

Ancelotti's odds have just plumeted to him being favorite now, you can get evens on him now with quite a few bookies! Roumers are that Roman has had another meeting with Ancelotti with a view to a deal being struck.

lol this is getting strange, Now Hughes is Favourite to take over at Chelsea and Man City...Maybe we will get him afterall. Thats what Setanta are saying anyway.

Hughes for City 1/2 Fav

Hughes for Chelsea 5/2 Fav

If we get Ancelotti, expect Sheva to stay lol and maybe bang a few in.

P.S I'm getting pissed off with the idiots still voting for Jose!

Edited by OllieCFC

SSN: Ancelotti is number one target, and we are talking to his representatives RIGHT NOW. C.A is still in Italy.

Man City and Blackburn have agreed compensation over Hughes, and have set a deadline of tomorrow for Hughes to decide.

So according to Sky, it is Hughes and Ancelotti. Ancelotti being our number 1 target and Hughes our fall back option. If this is the case we are going to have to work pretty fast to find out if we can get Ancelotti or not because Hughes will not hold out for long.