JT Letter To The Fans

From TOCFCWS

John Terry has written an open letter to Chelsea fans following the Champions League Final.

The Chelsea captain wrote:

'To all the Chelsea fans, all my team-mates, the manager and staff at the club.

I am so sorry for missing the penalty and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to become European champions.

Many people have told me I don't need to say that but I feel I need to, that's just me. I have relived that moment every minute since it happened. I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time hoping it's all been a bad dream.

I have had some amazing support from fans, current and ex-players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take responsibility for us not winning.

I am and ALWAYS will be Chelsea through and through. I will give my all on and off the pitch to win this trophy as a player and one day as a manager. And I am sure we will win it.

That night in Moscow will haunt me forever and I feel I have let everybody down and this hurts me more than anything. I am not ashamed about crying. This is a trophy I have tried so hard year after year to win and it was just an uncontrollable reaction, I wear my heart on my sleeve, everybody knows that.

The road to Rome starts here, we have to try and turn this experience to our advantage. I am very proud of how far we have come this season with everything that has gone on.

Thank you for all your support for the team this season.'

Your a legend JT, and ALWAYS will be.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a legend, he really didn't need to say that, but he just had to, shows the measure of the man. It really isn't all his fault though and I really hope we can collectively put him straight. In time JT, in time, you will lift the European Cup as Chelsea captain, I am sure of it.

Everyone is behind you JT. Just get over it and lift it in Rome. Your tears were shared with ours (lol defo mine, i balled like a baby...)

Who wants to win it on pens anyway :P we wanna beat a foreign team like Real Madrid 3-0 in 90 mins :D

i can feel the pain...if it went in he would be the happiest man in the world.....he would lift the cup

when he walk towards the spot there was no fear in his face.......

I am and ALWAYS will be Chelsea through and through. I will give my all on and off the pitch to win this trophy as a player and one day as a manager. And I am sure we will win it.

Hearing him say that is almost as good as winning any trophy. He's basically saying he wants the manager's job :lol:

The letter of apology shows what a noble man he is,even though he did'nt have to aplologise as we all knew he cared.

Shame Drogba has'nt aplogised for his petty sending off,which i believe what cost us the game.That is the difference between humility and blatant arrogance.

Edited by MikeCFC

He's great, and I think no one around here found him guilty of loosing the Champions League.

Reading this letter gives me shivers, because he's truely a Chelsae Legend, and speaking of him as a Blue forever: it's great to know that one of the greatest footballers around stays at our club forever.