Jase

Man of the Match  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A point at the Etihad is by no means a disaster as I would've taken it from the start. But with City going down to 10 men and us taking the lead, we really should have seen it out. To drop the points like that especially with such horrible defending to allow Lampard ghost into the area unmarked is just criminal.

I really don't know what to make of this. Just feels so wrong. :cry:

Such a strange one..We did play quite well and disciplined, and went so close to winning..Would've been happy with a draw before hand, but now with Lamps scoring the equalizer makes it feel like a defeat...

The play from the 70th minute onwards is shameful. We have a man advantage and a goal ahead and just basically retreat into our own 18 yard box. And please drop Ivanovic next game ! Every goal this season has come down the right hand side.

Do not go to the Lampard thread. I repeat, do not go to the Lampard thread. Ridiculous.

But honestly this feels like a loss to me, we should've won it with them being 1 man down. Can't say I'm happy with not taking the game by the neck when having an advantage like that. Schurrle's introduction to the game is pretty much a neutral one, he both scored and was partly to blame for the equalizer.

And of course an equalizer scored by anyone else would've annoyed me because of the passiveness of the team today, but it has to be him huh? But 1 goal against Chelsea does not cancel out 200+ goals for Chelsea. Still a legend in my eyes.

Anyway, positives! a point at the etihad is still a decent result. Still top of the table unbeaten :)

Cheer up guys, it's not the end of the world.

c'est la vie

We were awful, lets be real here. Why the hell did we sit back and invite pressure when City were down to 10 men? we should have took control and dominated possession. I know why Drogba came on (to hold up the play and draw in fouls), but this isn't the same Didier, he's slow, rusty and not as strong as he once was.

We're still five points clear so it's a decent result but that performance was dreadful.

No matter what seeing Lampard in a City shirt is hard to see - even worse when he scores for them :(

But, we didn't really deserve much from that performance, and Drogba on for Remy? Weird choice. But no matter what a point for a rather underwhelming performance at the Etihad isn't that bad.