Lionel Messi

Myself

Ah okay then, that makes sense.

Pogba, Reus & Varane or Messi?? ;)

I know you love Pogba.

It would be Messi in a heartbeat if we could get him in either this window or the next. He'd still have 4 quality years for us and having a living legend on our roster only boosts the club's overall appeal and value... anything after these two windows and I'm starting to question it.

Pogba is the next target on my books. He is a special talent and if you look at the midfield trio of Matic, Fab and Pogba you instantly salivate at the glands... The most dominant midfield for the next 5 yrs, no doubt.

Reus is next because his buyout is affordable. I don't like his injury history so he's not too high on my want list... I'd take a crack at him for 20m though.

Varane is a beast but in what world will Real Madrid sell?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody with the right mind will spent 200m for one player. If that happened, it would be very easy for any defender to just break his leg and there goes 200m flying.

If we have that kind of money, we better spend it for 4 WC players to boost our squad greatly, rather than just add one superstar winger. With that money we could get Pogba, Varane, Reus and still have 70+ millions left, which I couldn't think any other player we need, because I think we will be 'complete' with only those 3.

If we have that kind of money, we better spend it for 4 WC players to boost our squad greatly, rather than just add one superstar winger. With that money we could get Pogba, Varane, Reus and still have 70+ millions left, which I couldn't think any other player we need, because I think we will be 'complete' with only those 3.

For heavens sake! No team has 200m just lying around. The reason this deal hasn't been ruled off completely is because of our ties with Adidas and Turkish Airlines(who don't come into the equation until next year). If they come in, and many believe it would be in their interest to do so, then we can go ahead and think about messi's buyout. This wouldn't be true for any of Pogba, Varane or Reus so please stop throwing their names around as alternatives...

Also, a buyout clause is a deterrent, meaning the amount is set to ward off potential buyers. In Messi's case if he decides he doesn't want to be at Barca anymore then his release clause won't have to be triggered in order to get Barca to sell, an unhappy Messi would be enough to make sure the clubs involved can reach an agreement.

This is something for the summer now as it always was... I don't know why people think that because we're rumoured to be in for Messi it means we have 200m to spend, it doesn't.

For heavens sake! No team has 200m just lying around. The reason this deal hasn't been ruled off completely is because of our ties with Adidas and Turkish Airlines(who don't come into the equation until next year). If they come in, and many believe it would be in their interest to do so, then we can go ahead and think about messi's buyout. This wouldn't be true for any of Pogba, Varane or Reus so please stop throwing their names around as alternatives...

Also, a buyout clause is a deterrent, meaning the amount is set to ward off potential buyers. In Messi's case if he decides he doesn't want to be at Barca anymore then his release clause won't have to be triggered in order to get Barca to sell, an unhappy Messi would be enough to make sure the clubs involved can reach an agreement.

This is something for the summer now as it always was... I don't know why people think that because we're rumoured to be in for Messi it means we have 200m to spend, it doesn't.

I know. I still don't believe Messi want to go. He might be unhappy, yes, because he is still human. Barca will do anything to make him happy back, including getting rid of their manager.

About the Adidas or Turkish will help the fund, I don't believe it yet, as it is just a rumour created on Twitter. More like an assumption because those 2 are also Messi's sponsors. Also tbh, I don't think they will giving that crazy money to begin with.

We're not any closer to get Messi than any other club imo. Media distracted all of us, make it we are 'in front' to sign him, but in reality not. No evidence Messi want to leave, no indication Barca will let him go (Barca president confirmed it) below 200m, no evidence Adidas and Turkish will want to help the fund, no guarantee he will choose to go to Chelsea if he want to leave, and most importantly, no sign we (Jose) are interested to sign him. Nothing.

This is almost an impossible transfer for me. It needs to tick all the check boxes, to make this deal happening. At the moment, no check box has been tick, yet.

Nobody with the right mind will spent 200m for one player. If that happened, it would be very easy for any defender to just break his leg and there goes 200m flying.

Not heard of insurance then :) if he breaks his leg and can't play again - we are covered, then have £200 million to play with again ;)

All footballers are insured, even celebs insure their body parts :)

I think Messi with his attitude in the last days is just looking for down the price of his signing. Many players in the history of Barcelona and Maradona, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Eto'o ... also used this strategy. In Catalonia what people call this "THE SURROUNDING" and means as Barcelona itself is accustomed to self-destruct their own great players. If you look at history, most foreign players have been angry and for a ridiculous price, such as Eto'o, who was the best striker in the world and went for 15 million.

I think Messi knows this and he is trying to lower the price of his signing with this behavior.

I want to mention to you all a thing on the subject of payment of the termination clause of the contract Messi, if we pay this clause. It is practically impossible for Chelsea pay the clause Messi because that clause, whose price is set at £ 200m, not paid by the team (in legal terms, not in practice), it is the player himself who pay this clause and the final price varies a lot with this little detail.

I repeat that I am not from England and I do not speak good English, but I hope to explain to whole forum. I work on issues related to justice, law and legal terms (although this in Spain knows everyone), and if Chelsea were to pay Messi clause, we (in legal terms, I insist), we would to give Messi £ 200m and he go to the Spanish football Federation (LFP) and they pay for their clause, so it would be Messi himself who buys his freedom and then would come to Chelsea. Chelsea and Barcelona would have to not negotiate anything, is Messi himself who has to break his contract with Barcelona, Chelsea not having to negotiate with the barcelona.

What is the difference between a signing or pay clause ?. If Messi pays its own clause is understood (in legal terms) that he has paid with his money (again, is only in legal terms) and the tax office or tax collector (I exactly do not know which word you use in England, but Spain is "La Hacienda publishes" services to raise taxes by the Spanish government) they would ask Messi he paid in taxes the 56 percent (56%) of the total sum payment clause because it is legally Messi he himself who terminates his contract paying clause. So the final price of the operation would be £ 200m (the amount that appears set to Messi's contract with Barcelona to terminate his contract -that as a clause for free agent) + payment of 56 percent in taxes for officce the tax or tax collector. So the final price of the operation would be more than £ 300m !, which is impossible for us to pay that amount.

I repeat, I work in legal terms related work (although in Spain everyone knows this). It really is the club, in this case Chelsea, who pays the transfer, but in legal terms is Messi himself who has to make the payment and would require him to pay 56 percent in taxes.

What do I mean by that ?. If Chelsea want to sign Messi is mandatory that we negotiate with Barcelona, because if we want Messi Chelsea fiche by paying its clause to break his contract with Barcelona (as published today DailyStar for example) the final price of the operation would more than £ 300m. I'm sure in the negotiation we will lower the price, but never will pay their clause, because in legal terms the price would be so great that we could not assume this.

So I think Messi has changed its behavior in recent days for tensioning their relationship with Barcelona and cause them to be forced to negotiate with Chelsea, because in Spain it is lower the price of a signing by a transfer, regarding a signing by paying a clause.

I hope I explained well. And I insist, has to do with legal terms of payment of tax in Spain.

Regards.
I add one thing to explain better. The clause of Cristiano Ronaldo are £ 781m. It is a clause that comes into contracts but that is abusive because with the salary of the player is impossible for him to pay the release clause. The Spaniards football teams put it to prevent players from leaving their teams. It is an abusive clause.
It's a crazy clause, with a disproportionate amount of money so that nobody would sign a player to occur by breaking his contract (paying clause) and be forced to negotiate. But no one can imagine that such a high figure is paid. In fact, Spanish clubs have a verbal agreement to never pay clauses and always negotiate.

I want to mention to you all a thing on the subject of payment of the termination clause of the contract Messi, if we pay this clause. It is practically impossible for Chelsea pay the clause Messi because that clause, whose price is set at £ 200m, not paid by the team (in legal terms, not in practice), it is the player himself who pay this clause and the final price varies a lot with this little detail.

I repeat that I am not from England and I do not speak good English, but I hope to explain to whole forum. I work on issues related to justice, law and legal terms (although this in Spain knows everyone), and if Chelsea were to pay Messi clause, we (in legal terms, I insist), we would to give Messi £ 200m and he go to the Spanish football Federation (LFP) and they pay for their clause, so it would be Messi himself who buys his freedom and then would come to Chelsea. Chelsea and Barcelona would have to not negotiate anything, is Messi himself who has to break his contract with Barcelona, Chelsea not having to negotiate with the barcelona.

What is the difference between a signing or pay clause ?. If Messi pays its own clause is understood (in legal terms) that he has paid with his money (again, is only in legal terms) and the tax office or tax collector (I exactly do not know which word you use in England, but Spain is "La Hacienda publishes" services to raise taxes by the Spanish government) they would ask Messi he paid in taxes the 56 percent (56%) of the total sum payment clause because it is legally Messi he himself who terminates his contract paying clause. So the final price of the operation would be £ 200m (the amount that appears set to Messi's contract with Barcelona to terminate his contract -that as a clause for free agent) + payment of 56 percent in taxes for officce the tax or tax collector. So the final price of the operation would be more than £ 300m !, which is impossible for us to pay that amount.

I repeat, I work in legal terms related work (although in Spain everyone knows this). It really is the club, in this case Chelsea, who pays the transfer, but in legal terms is Messi himself who has to make the payment and would require him to pay 56 percent in taxes.

What do I mean by that ?. If Chelsea want to sign Messi is mandatory that we negotiate with Barcelona, because if we want Messi Chelsea fiche by paying its clause to break his contract with Barcelona (as published today DailyStar for example) the final price of the operation would more than £ 300m. I'm sure in the negotiation we will lower the price, but never will pay their clause, because in legal terms the price would be so great that we could not assume this.

So I think Messi has changed its behavior in recent days for tensioning their relationship with Barcelona and cause them to be forced to negotiate with Chelsea, because in Spain it is lower the price of a signing by a transfer, regarding a signing by paying a clause.

I hope I explained well. And I insist, has to do with legal terms of payment of tax in Spain.

Regards.

I add one thing to explain better. The clause of Cristiano Ronaldo are £ 781m. It is a clause that comes into contracts but that is abusive because with the salary of the player is impossible for him to pay the release clause. The Spaniards football teams put it to prevent players from leaving their teams. It is an abusive clause.
It's a crazy clause, with a disproportionate amount of money so that nobody would sign a player to occur by breaking his contract (paying clause) and be forced to negotiate. But no one can imagine that such a high figure is paid. In fact, Spanish clubs have a verbal agreement to never pay clauses and always negotiate.

I give you an example. In 2008 Real Madrid attempt to sign Santi Cazorla but ultimately they could not because Villarreal refused to negotiate and Real Madrid did not want to pay the 56 percent rate and end the signing came not to be made.

In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffutbol.as.com%2Ffutbol%2F2008%2F08%2F27%2Fmas_futbol%2F1219818441_850215.html&sandbox=1

In Spanish. http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2008/08/27/mas_futbol/1219818441_850215.html

I hope I explained well.

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You