Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

I might stay away from the internet if Costa dont score on Monday

Pretty much. He'll be immediately labelled by everyone as a flop, regardless of his great preseason. Same goes for Fabregas if he doesn't assist or at least make a clear-cut chance. The pressure on them will be enormous, considering how everyone hypes us. We're the only ones playing on Monday, so all eyes will be on us.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me Costa and Cesc have looked great in the preseason. There were times where Costa provided important attacking play and assisted others rather than take the goal for himself. As long as they play well and we score a few for the win, as I believe GD will be more important than ever this season, I will be happy. That being said I'm rooting HARD for a Costa hat trick to shut the internet up for a moment or a Cesc brace/hat trick to make arsenal fan's cry. I never EVER get tired of making gooners or spurs cry. And all that being said, I am BEYOND stoked for Monday. I took the whole day off work, I've got my shirt ready, i've got my new flag proudly hung above my computer monitor where I stream matches, and i'll be pickup up some blue soda to bring us luck since I can't go with my normal ritual of beer in a blue can(keystone light). I'm so amped i'll be up at 6:45 tomorrow morning Texas time to watch United play Swansea. I think i'll be reluctantly rooting for United to win and score more than gooners just so they can't have 1st place for even a day......

I've always thought Cech was the kind of player that put the success of the club before himself. He's virtually been the only keeper besides Buffon that has been unchallenged since 2005. He Surely has to understand that the club must always look to the future. If letting a younger bloke with massive potential have a go in his place is what needs to be done, then he should understand that.

I've always thought Cech was the kind of player that put the success of the club before himself. He's virtually been the only keeper besides Buffon that has been unchallenged since 2005. He Surely has to understand that the club must always look to the future. If letting a younger bloke with massive potential have a go in his place is what needs to be done, then he should understand that.

That's not how it works mate. He is Chelsea, through and through, he is a fighter. Cech won't let Courtois take the no. 1 stop without a fight, he's still good enough to be our first choice goalkeeper, he (and Courtois) knows that, so why would he just let Courtois take his spot without any competition? At the end he'll do what's best for the club and himself (leave or stay, depending on who becomes first choice GK)