Diego Costa

Spike

It's not like we loaned Lukaku out on the cheap, he cost Everton 5m and we only pay him 2.5m in wages. His loan plus Courtois' earned us 3.5m. We still lend these players out at a premium a big one for young players like themselves. The thing is if we sign Costa and Keep Lukaku and Eto'o leaves who will be out little forward who actually knows how to dribble in tight space?

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone says he won't stop Diego Costa joining Chelsea.

"It depends on him and what he believes is best for his future. I will support any decision.

"It is normal that Chelsea are interested in him. He has good economic potential. Eto'o gets older and (they want) Diego Costa to do their work, but now he's ours."

Source: http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/04/15/primera/1397516342_563709.html

What I noticed about him is his shooting is nothing special. his shots are weak, not powerful. I don't like that in a striker, your striker should score in every way possible; whether it's a typical 1vs1 finish to a 30 yard out of the box shot. he never scores from outside the box. just saying.

he never scores from outside the box. just saying.

That's because he's always good enough to dribble his way into the box and score a goal from there. Nothing wrong with that, it's not like he's a 'poacher' type of player who only scores when the ball is played to him inside the penalty box.

Would fit our team pefectly IMO.

Do you reckon someone got their currency wrong?

At first it was said that his release clause was £32M which is roughly $50M, and now it turns out that his release clause is $83M which is roughly £50M.

Maybe someone was told that his release clause was 50 million and though they meant $ when they meant £?

Just a theory, because in the last month his release clause seems to have doubled....

Does it bother anyone else that he always dribbles or runs with the ball with his head down?

His goalscoring record is impressive (especially this season) but I don't think he's on the same level as Augero, Suarez or Cavani. Those are the kind of strikers that 50m pounds will get you.

He's not worth 50 million pounds or Euros. If we pay that much for him and he flops like Torres. I think I would hide under my bed for the next ten years until the dust has settled.

He's not worth 50 million pounds or Euros. If we pay that much for him and he flops like Torres. I think I would hide under my bed for the next ten years until the dust has settled.

Yeah, way too risky for anywhere near that type of money. I think his release clause is exactly what he's worth. Between £30-35m. For £50m I'd expect to be getting someone in Suarez or Agüero's class which Costa isn't in yet.

If were willing to spend that much (which Jose has said we're indeed capable of doing) than we could maybe persuade PSG to sell us Cavani.

Yeah, way too risky for anywhere near that type of money. I think his release clause is exactly what he's worth. Between £30-35m. For £50m I'd expect to be getting someone in Suarez or Agüero's class which Costa isn't in yet.

If were willing to spend that much (which Jose has said we're indeed capable of doing) than we could maybe persuade PSG to sell us Cavani.

Suarez or Aguero would cost 60-80m min now. The inflation is higher than ever.

Think Cavani is a possibility if we throw them Ba as well.

Might be a good deal for both.

Suarez or Aguero would cost 60-80m min now. The inflation is higher than ever.

I'm just saying that I'd expect that level of unbelievable quality. Don't know if I see Costa as someone who can completely carry a team or dominate an opponent singlehandedly like Suarez can.

Think Cavani is a possibility if we throw them Ba as well.

Might be a good deal for both.

Agreed. Think Cavani would welcome the move as well so he can become what he should be which is the focal point and main man in attack, not stuck out wide and playing second fiddle to Ibra like he is currently.

I obviously want him, but i'm a bit skeptical about signing him for so much. This is his first season where he has scored more than 20 goals in the league, what if he's just having a great season? Aguero, Torres (Atleti days), Suarez, Ibra and Cavani all had great goal scoring records before they made their big money move, if you look back at Costa's goal scoring record before this season, it's very hit and miss. He could have just matured and flourished under Simone, i don't know, but the reported price (50m) has me feeling a bit uneasy all of a sudden.

According to Mirror, deal is as good as done. 50 m pounds they are saying though. some people say this sum includes his wages, but I dont think so. 50 m would be mad crazy. we could have gone for Cavani last summer for this sum.

@James his last season was great too. he wasnt scoring that much because of Falcao, but he has been very good already last season. so its 2 good seasons for him now.