Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Costa

DavidEU
Followers 6

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

According to the evening standard- conte and costa are gonna have"peace talks" next week and costa might yet get a new deal.

Please fuck no. As good as Costa is at his best, I can't say I'd miss him. His antics are disgusting. And I'm not talking about being a thug on the pitch, I kinda liked that actually, but all the off-pitch drama with Costa is just boring and I can't wait to be rid. Three transfer windows in a row he has been unsettled and wanting to move and last January for me was the last straw. He had his head turned by Chinese money and wasn't the same for rest of the season, almost train wrecking the whole season for everyone at the club. Plus fighting with Conte in training about the Chinese offer too.

Can't afford to have someone as volatile as Costa at the club. Even at the rumoured £22M, which for a player of his talent is kinda insulting, I'd say get him as far from the team as possible and fast. Last thing we need is for the club to reward him of all his bullshit with a new contract.

Thanks for the goals, will never forget Costa leading the line for two title winning seasons but time to move on. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ehm yes he can.

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

Please fuck no. As good as Costa is at his best, I can't say I'd miss him. His antics are disgusting. And I'm not talking about being a thug on the pitch, I kinda liked that actually, but all the off-pitch drama with Costa is just boring and I can't wait to be rid. Three transfer windows in a row he has been unsettled and wanting to move and last January for me was the last straw. He had his head turned by Chinese money and wasn't the same for rest of the season, almost train wrecking the whole season for everyone at the club. Plus fighting with Conte in training about the Chinese offer too.
Can't afford to have someone as volatile as Costa at the club. Even at the rumoured £22M, which for a player of his talent is kinda insulting, I'd say get him as far from the team as possible and fast. Last thing we need is for the club to reward him of all his bullshit with a new contract.
Thanks for the goals, will never forget Costa leading the line for two title winning seasons but time to move on. 

I was initially of the same opinion as you (amazing player, very annoying and disruptive off the field so we better get rid) but am starting to rethink that.

It's true that he's been a nuisance during almost all transfer windows but it's also true that despite that, we've won 3 trophies in 3 years with him as our main striker. I guess what I'm saying is that if Conte and him do manage to patch up their differences and Costa gives Chelsea some sort of assurances as to not being disruptive off the field, this whole mess we've enduring this transfer window might yet have a happy ending.

If he refocuses, signs a new deal and it is clear in Chelsea's mind that he wants to be here (maybe not ahead of Atletico but still), we could save a lot of money that can be invested into great players that can help us way more than if we simply dropped 100M to go from Diego to Lukaku (which arguably is not even an upgrade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

LONDON -- Diego Costa is expected to report for preseason training at Cobham with the rest of the Chelsea squad on Monday with a deal yet to be agreed with Atletico Madrid, sources have told ESPN FC.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3154547/chelseas-diego-costa-expected-for-preseason-training-on-monday-sources

• Like 2

Keep Costa, sign a good striker to challenge him, hold onto Batshuayi,...that would be ideal. We need a strike-force of 3. Even as good as our potential targets, Aubemeyang,Morata and Mbappe, are as forwards and all round play...we need the goals to come from somewhere. Without Lukaku, Costa is our best bet for now.

• Like 1

Is there a centre forward available that is better than Costa at the moment? I would keep Costa ahead of Belotti, Aubameyang or Morata. Push the problem to next season when the market for strikers will be different with Griezmann, other promising forwards continuing to develop. 

Unless he make his head back to its place, useless to still held him on the team. He will train tomorrow, let's see how his reaction.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Keep Costa, sign a good striker to challenge him, hold onto Batshuayi,...that would be ideal. We need a strike-force of 3. Even as good as our potential targets, Aubemeyang,Morata and Mbappe, are as forwards and all round play...we need the goals to come from somewhere. Without Lukaku, Costa is our best bet for now.

Unless one of them is a winger/striker you cannot have 3 strikers with one striker system. Somebody will barely got a game and will be unhappy

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Unless one of them is a winger/striker you cannot have 3 strikers with one striker system. Somebody will barely got a game and will be unhappy

With 3 different style of strikers, you can and you should. It will help when you playing in 4 competitions.

5 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

With 3 different style of strikers, you can and you should. It will help when you playing in 4 competitions.

Last year we are in 3 competitions and Michy barely played, imagine if we add one more striker to the mix.

So unless he is a striker who can also play on the wing. Somebody will be unhappy. Let's compare with other team in epl last season

United : Ibra,rashford,Rooney

if your other two are super young and super old, it can work plus Rashford was usually played on the wing by Mou

City : Aguero, Jesus, kelechy

Same concept, two young players n jesus can play on the wing

Spurs :they play with two strikers

Arsenal : Welbeck (had nasty injury),Giroud, Alexis, lucas, walcot

Lucas barely played last season. Welbeck had just recovered from nasty injury. Walcot n alexis are both striker/winger.

See, unless we sign a striker/winger player like alexis, somebody will be unhappy and 

7 hours ago, Polo7 said:

No point in keeping him. Guarantee he will make a fuss come January and we will be left without a first choice striker.

I doubt that, if he were to stay. World cup will be coming in a few months time from then, and I don't think he would disrupt things at that time. The only way that's going to happen is if he were relegated to the bench permanently for the first half of the season.

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Last year we are in 3 competitions and Michy barely played, imagine if we add one more striker to the mix.

So unless he is a striker who can also play on the wing. Somebody will be unhappy. Let's compare with other team in epl last season

United : Ibra,rashford,Rooney

if your other two are super young and super old, it can work plus Rashford was usually played on the wing by Mou

City : Aguero, Jesus, kelechy

Same concept, two young players n jesus can play on the wing

Spurs :they play with two strikers

Arsenal : Welbeck (had nasty injury),Giroud, Alexis, lucas, walcot

Lucas barely played last season. Welbeck had just recovered from nasty injury. Walcot n alexis are both striker/winger.

See, unless we sign a striker/winger player like alexis, somebody will be unhappy and 

32 years old striker like Llorente will aware that he is not the first choice striker if he come, he will play only when needed and think he will accept it. We did that with Eto'o and Drogba couple of years ago. Our first choice striker will then compete with Batman week in week out. Not mentioning if one of them having long term injury. So, I don't see any problem with having 3 strikers like you said.

40 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

32 years old striker like Llorente will aware that he is not the first choice striker if he come, he will play only when needed and think he will accept it. We did that with Eto'o and Drogba couple of years ago. Our first choice striker will then compete with Batman week in week out. Not mentioning if one of them having long term injury. So, I don't see any problem with having 3 strikers like you said.

If you are talking about a player who is willing to stay on the bench and barely played then of course it is fine.

" Keep Costa, sign a good striker to challenge him, hold onto Batshuayi,...that would be ideal. We need a strike-force of 3. Even as good as our potential targets, Aubemeyang,Morata and Mbappe"

That is the initial post that I quote He said a Aub,Moratat,Mbappe class player. 

40 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

If you are talking about a player who is willing to stay on the bench and barely played then of course it is fine.

" Keep Costa, sign a good striker to challenge him, hold onto Batshuayi,...that would be ideal. We need a strike-force of 3. Even as good as our potential targets, Aubemeyang,Morata and Mbappe"

That is the initial post that I quote He said a Aub,Moratat,Mbappe class player. 

18 minutes ago, communicate said:

Ah, yes. We will not having a kid as a striker, and no way we're gonna sign 2 top class strikers in this crazy transfer window. One will be a backup for sure. Having 3 strikers for one spot is not impossible though.