Diego Costa

Spike

Think Remy understands that Drogba is better for forcing an equaliser or winner in the last minute. You really think we would've had a more chance to equalise with Remy instead of Drogba coming on yesterday? Also think Remy will be more disappointed with not starting against Spurs at home instead of not coming on against Newcastle. Remy looks like a striker who is most effective when there is space to make his runs.

Do wonder what is Remy thinking right now though. He was signed to be the second choice striker but now, he seems to be third one instead. Having someone like Remy in the box yesterday might have worked with his goalscoring instincts to pick up the second balls considering we were just lumping it to Drogba.

Must annoy him a but but do I think he regrets it? Doubt it. He is on high wages and he most probably will be back up striker next season unless Mourinho goes out in the market again.

Think Remy understands that Drogba is better for forcing an equaliser or winner in the last minute. You really think we would've had a more chance to equalise with Remy instead of Drogba coming on yesterday? Also think Remy will be more disappointed with not starting against Spurs at home instead of not coming on against Newcastle. Remy looks like a striker who is most effective when there is space to make his runs.

He did not say he should have come on instead of Drogba. He is saying he should have come on with Drogba because we were knocking the balls to him and with his predatory instincts, pace and runs he would have been a very good option to be on the end of Drogba's flick ons.

The concerns some of us expressed prior to the signing of Costa is now finally rising to the surface: His average technical ability hinders him from contributing to the attack in various other ways and particularly prevents him from being a solution against parked defences.

On one hand, he's a goal machine who has scored consistently for us and on the otherhand, he's a hinderance and rather ineffective against teams that set up defensively against us. I also feel alot of his turnovers can easily be avoided if he would play it safe and simple instead of dwelling on the ball. Haven't said that it's difficult to criticise a player that has been as prolific has he has been, his flaws can be overlooked for this reason.

If his mini goal drought continues however, he has to be dropped for Remy or Drogba.

A technical striker in the mould of Aguero/suarez/zlatan is what this team needs ideally but they are very rare. hopefully we are able to unearth one someday.

Mourinho says Diego Costa will start tomorrow's game

I honestly think he needs a match like this to gain a little more fitness and sharpness. Plus, if he scores it can be a shot in the arm for confidence during this mini drought.

I'm I the only one who has noticed that no one except fabregas tries to put costa through when he makes a run???

A lot of times hazard/Oscar/willian dribble and get close to the box, costa makes a run and is ignored. At the beginning of the season everyone tried to get the ball to him while he was running but now our ams keep their head down and shoot.

The concerns some of us expressed prior to the signing of Costa is now finally rising to the surface: His average technical ability hinders him from contributing to the attack in various other ways and particularly prevents him from being a solution against parked defences.

On one hand, he's a goal machine who has scored consistently for us and on the otherhand, he's a hinderance and rather ineffective against teams that set up defensively against us. I also feel alot of his turnovers can easily be avoided if he would play it safe and simple instead of dwelling on the ball. Haven't said that it's difficult to criticise a player that has been as prolific has he has been, his flaws can be overlooked for this reason.

If his mini goal drought continues however, he has to be dropped for Remy or Drogba.

A technical striker in the mould of Aguero/suarez/zlatan is what this team needs ideally but they are very rare. hopefully we are able to unearth one someday.

Just hope he doesn't become frustrated and commit a Suarez type crime.

He was injured couldn't play 2 games a week, then rested so he wasn't injured anymore.

Rested so much he's lost his match fitness, so an hour(45 mins if he bangs in 1 or 2) to fine tune him for the Christmas fixtures would be good.

IMFO

OMG!!!!!

I can't believe I read in this thread someone saying Torres is better than Costa - no matter what they're referring to.

Some people are just unbelievable.

I stand by my words. Some of you make me embarrassed of being a Chelsea fan.

We've thrown the title away, we need Rafa back, and resign Torres and Ben Haim

No it wouldn't do him good.

He's good enough.

That makes no sense, benching him doesn't improve skills it improves his condition, does he look tired? Yes he does so it would improve him, even Mouriniho said he needs to work on his fitness to improve.