Diego Costa

Spike

He was too selfish and agressive. Needs to work it for the team and goals will come.

Really? Bar today, because I think he was frustrated, I think he's been a good team player. Does his defensive duty and while he doesn't get the 'assist' last pass he does do his duty in starting an attack.

Really? Bar today, because I think he was frustrated, I think he's been a good team player. Does his defensive duty and while he doesn't get the 'assist' last pass he does do his duty in starting an attack.

Hm, I may not be clear enough, but that comment was towards today game. Overall, he was quite team player, but not against Castle.

---

About comments above, I have no words...he may not be Messi with the ball, but I always thought he has good control for a striker. Not exactly Drogba or Aguero, but still good. His goal against Everton for example...people need to calm down because Torres comparisons are embarassing. Two games without goal and people would replace him...He was shit today, has to be said, but he is our top striker and will get back on track sooner or later. Support our players please. And I could swear same people who were calling him best striker in the world few months ago are now calling him average. I would even go find older posts and compare them, but I wont waste time for such ''fans''.

Good poacher but average at everything else. The likes of Rooney, Drogb, Torres, Aguero, Henry etc are streets ahead in terms of individual ability.

:lol: pensioner Drogba did show him up today but what I will say is the fewer touches he has outside the box (and the more he has inside) the better! The thing with Costa though is that without his aggression and passion he is just an average striker. And aggression doesn't work in certain games like Newcastle/Sunderland away.

Then people get offended when rivals fans call us plastic. This thread is a perfect picture of that.

Players are entitled to go through difficult patches. You guys never value and support players. Only come to be supportive of players, manager and team when it's all peachy.

You make me embarrassed of being a Chelsea fan because you give our support a bad name

You make it sound like Chelsea fans have a monopoly on knee jerk reactions! Have you not checked out RAWK, Bluemoon, ArsenalFanTV, etc? Football fans from all clubs tend to be melodramatic after bad results.

He's an excellent poacher but lacks alot of individual quality and technical ability in comparison to the aforementioned strikers (Drogba, Suarez, Torres, Rooney, Henry, Aguero). Has nothing to do with me kneejerking.

Hope Drogba and Remy get more gametime.

He's an excellent poacher but lacks alot of individual quality and technical ability in comparison to the aforementioned strikers (Drogba, Suarez, Torres, Rooney, Henry, Aguero). Has nothing to do with me kneejerking.

Hope Drogba and Remy get more gametime.

Torres of all people...

You make it sound like Chelsea fans have a monopoly on knee jerk reactions! Have you not checked out RAWK, Bluemoon, ArsenalFanTV, etc? Football fans from all clubs tend to be melodramatic after bad results.

Is that a reason for us to be as stupid as them .. The criticism of Costa is FUCKING PATHETIC ... ok he wasnt MOM but

it is incredible the inane judgements on here by self proclaimed experts .

Is that a reason for us to be as stupid as them .. The criticism of Costa is FUCKING PATHETIC ... ok he wasnt MOM but

it is incredible the inane judgements on here by self proclaimed experts .

The thing with Costa is that his goals perhaps paper over the cracks, and rightfully so due to how important goals are. When he doesn't score though and the result is a bad one, then his all-round performance is scrutinised more. This means it's only natural that his limitations/flaws (clumsy, overly aggressive, poor dribbiling and decision making, surprisingly bad aerial ability, etc.) come to light more and fans complain.

He is a great finisher in the box but he's not a great all-round striker and maybe some people expected more and they feel disappointed? I don't know. Personally I wasn't overly excited when we signed him because I recognised his limitations but I'm happy we have him as unlike our previous strikers, he does score goals! All players get criticism when they perform badly and I don't think Costa should be immune.

Costa is an excellent goal scorer. No doubt about it. The thing is in some games even the best goal scorers are unable to get open and score. Even in those games, Drogba and Rooney and Aguero can be effective, via holding play, assists, dropping deep etc. Costa is different in that sense

I think his recent injury woes are affecting his performances. He will probably get a rest on Wednesday, but not sure if he will start next weekend.

Of course he might get rested against Schalke, but what makes you think he will not starting next weekend? he is not injured...