Diego Costa

Spike

Mikel never exist then..

"Real Madrid and Manchester United are beign linked with Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel"

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/real-madrid-man-utd-monitoring-obi-mikel-chelsea-frustration-1542221#.VHlA12SG9TM

:eyebrows: :dance:

"Real Madrid and Manchester United are beign linked with Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel"

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/real-madrid-man-utd-monitoring-obi-mikel-chelsea-frustration-1542221#.VHlA12SG9TM

:eyebrows: :dance:

If only this happened.

Do not want to take away Costa's aggression because that's what make him good but really though, he needs to control himself and stop getting combust so easily. Gosh! Could have so easily been sent off today!

However, regarding his yellow card, his elbow may have landed on Brown (IIRC) but it doesn't really look intentional and the book feels a tad harsh. But oh well, at least the suspension will be served now. Hopefully, it won't cost us against Spurs.

I like his aggression but slightly annoyed he knew if he got booked etc.

Better to be suspended for Tottenham at home than the bogey game that is Newcastle away. Really hope Cesc/Matic don't pick up yellows on Wednesday because we will need them for next Saturday's game especially.

Can't see this happening even if it's true. He's an ex-Atletico Madrid player. I doubt he'd move to their biggest rivals.

Hugo Sanchez....

there is a long way to go in the season I hope he's not burning out :(

What makes you think that?

Better to be suspended for Tottenham at home than the bogey game that is Newcastle away. Really hope Cesc/Matic don't pick up yellows on Wednesday because we will need them for next Saturday's game especially.

Agree. I find Newcastle away a lot more difficult than Spurs at home. Matic and Cesc MUST NOT pick up a yellow card on Wednesday.

Jose Mourinho confident Chelsea will cope without Diego Costa

Jose Mourinho is confident he has the necessary firepower to cover for suspended striker Diego Costa.

Chelsea will be without Costa for Wednesday night’s game against Tottenham after he was booked for the fifth time this season during the 0-0 draw at Sunderland on Saturday.

Costa has scored 11 goals for the Blues so far this season but Mourinho will turn to fellow summer signings Loic Remy and Didier Drogba for the game at Stamford Bridge in midweek.

Asked if Chelsea will miss their leading goalscorer, Mourinho said: "No. We'll play (Loic) Remy or (Didier) Drogba. We don't cry about injured players or about suspended players.

"If he's suspended, he's suspended. He can rest, he can be fresh against Newcastle and against Tottenham, Drogba and Remy will have their opportunity to start the game. No problem, let's go.''

Costa’s latest booking came after he caught Wes Brown with his arm during an aerial challenge, an incident which could have resulted in a sending-off for the striker.

But Mourinho had a different view of it, and said: "Why do you speak all the time about Diego? I don't agree, I don't agree. I was just told that he was unlucky to get the yellow card.

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet felt Costa could have been sent off, but did not dispute the decision.

"That's Diego, always on the line, close to the limit,” said Poyet. “The first one with John O'Shea, there was a little bit of a situation in there.

"But those decisions, if they go one way or the other, I would say the same here. But it's true that sometimes you give the ref the chance, and if you give the ref the chance, then it's difficult to complain,

"But I'm pleased he is going to be able to play because he's the best striker in the league and you want to see him week in, week out.''

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9586735/premier-league-jose-mourinho-confident-chelsea-will-cope-without-diego-costa?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Could see him getting a straight red at some point later on in the season, probably in one of our game like against Sunderland but if we were losing. He looks like a Suarez type for me, while not biting to the extreme he won't be afraid to do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mHldtB3jQ