Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Costa

DavidEU
Followers 6

2 hours ago, robdog said:

now CFC are warning AM about attempting to unsettle Costa. IMHO CFC have treated AM with the utmost respect. Remember when the two played against each other in the UCL a couple years ago? AM were using Tibo as their #1 & CFC allowed them let him play. Still AM shows no respect back to CFC. Really starting to dislike this club.

agreed, their man guy cerezo or whatever his name is, is a disgrace, total buffoon...

• Like 1
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

2 hours ago, robdog said:

now CFC are warning AM about attempting to unsettle Costa. IMHO CFC have treated AM with the utmost respect. Remember when the two played against each other in the UCL a couple years ago? AM were using Tibo as their #1 & CFC allowed them let him play. Still AM shows no respect back to CFC. Really starting to dislike this club.

Chelsea didn't let them do shit, Uefa straight up said the clause in the contract wasn't valid.

In response to media reports referring to the situation of Club Atlético de Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, UEFA would like to reiterate its position.

The integrity of sporting competition is a fundamental principle for UEFA.

Both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations contain clear provisions which strictly forbid any club to exert, or attempt to exert, any influence whatsoever over the players that another club may (or may not) field in a match.

It follows that any provision in a private contract between clubs which might function in such a way as to influence who a club fields in a match is null, void and unenforceable so far as UEFA is concerned.

Furthermore, any attempt to enforce such a provision would be a clear violation of both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations and would therefore be sanctioned accordingly.

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/administration/news/newsid=2088774.html

It's easy to go out and say "well yeah we let him play, of course", after Uefa has released that statement.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Lol what? He is not worth 50m and you want 70m?

22 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

No one will offer 70m for Costa i would be suprised if anyone offered 40-50m for him.

So i guess you are surprised? (60 million euros = 50.5 million pounds)

Costa Chronicles: Chelsea reject €60m bid; warn Atlético over aggressive public pursuit

Atletico wouldn't act like this if they hadn't asked Costa and his agent what they 'really' think. Classic play, let him go for >50 mil., he's not worth the hassle, imo.

• Like 1

If I could I would quote myself over the last few preseason matches or this thread around in preseason.

Costa is the kind of player that thrives on competitiveness, he never looks sharp, interest or intense in preseason. It's the odd game when he does.

So I see nothing unexpected or that detracts from his quality - deficiencies and all. This is just who Costa is, he usually doesn't turn on killer mode even towards the end of preseason, it's been like that since the beginning. Nothing new

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Barbara said:

If I could I would quote myself over the last few preseason matches or this thread around in preseason.

Costa is the kind of player that thrives on competitiveness, he never looks sharp, interest or intense in preseason. It's the odd game when he does.

So I see nothing unexpected or that detracts from his quality - deficiencies and all. This is just who Costa is, he usually doesn't turn on killer mode even towards the end of preseason, it's been like that since the beginning. Nothing new

Yeah, his body language looks kind of...off. Like he knows he's playing in a meaningless match so he can't bring himself to really try or care. Pretty poor attitude to have to be honest, but that's just who he is.

Truthfully, though, it's probably for the best that he doesn't exert himself too much before the season kicks off. We need him 100% fit from the get go.

On 2016-07-21 at 0:08 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Hahahahaha i love Costa even though most of the time he makes me mad.

"Coming soon" first 2 english words I have ever heard from Costa...

18 hours ago, nadavTKL said:

Gameiro is off to Atletico.

Still think Costa's leaving?

Great news for us.The sooner this Costa nonsense dies down the better.