• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Please tell me 'its all a load of bollox Uj mate' cause theres a big lack of strikers round right now.

Matt Law says he's definitely staying and reliable reports in Spain (Cadena SER) have said Atletico wouldn't be able to afford him. As it stands I think it's unlikely he'll leave.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Styles said:

Honestly, if he wants to go and we can get a good fee I'd let him go.

But the thing is, if we're going to play 2 up top (or even if we didn't) we would need 2 quality strikers to come in. Do you really think we'll sign two more strikers this window? Having Remy doesn't count, because whenever we need Remy for backup, he's out injured.

• Like 2
Just now, Blue Armour said:

But the thing is, if we're going to play 2 up top (or even if we didn't) we would need 2 quality strikers to come in. Do you really think we'll sign two more strikers this window? Having Remy doesn't count, because whenever we need Remy for backup, he's out injured.

Has it been confirmed by Conte we're playing two up front? Just yesterday he said he would tailor his tactics/formation around the players at his disposal. I think our starting 11 / squad will look quite different at the end of the window.

I like Costa but if he left I wouldn't shed any tears.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, milka said:

'Atletico want the best' - Cerezo confirms interest in Chelsea's Diego Costa

In all honesty, for the benefit of other clubs, Athletico needs to unearth the next big striker like they usually do, instead of going back for one of their old boys:lol:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Styles said:

Has it been confirmed by Conte we're playing two up front? Just yesterday he said he would tailor his tactics/formation around the players at his disposal. I think our starting 11 / squad will look quite different at the end of the window.

Based on his press conference, no, nothing's set in stone regarding formations. But you have to admit, with Batshuayi still yet to get acquainted with the league, we would need as many reputable strikers as we can get for backup/rotation

5 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Based on his press conference, no, nothing's set in stone regarding formations. But you have to admit, with Batshuayi still yet to get acquainted with the league, we would need as many reputable strikers as we can get for backup/rotation

True but no Champions League next year so we'll have one game a week for most of the season - I don't think we need to go over the top.

I love Costa (even though he is annoying most of the time because of his passing,dribbling,and not being clinical sometimes) but Conte can improve him and if Conte wants to play two up front then that would be great thing for Costa i thing he would play much better if he has someone in attack with him.

I would ;(

Honestly if Costa left can you find an equally good striker in today's market who is available? Almost no.

http://en.as.com/en/2016/07/17/football/1468780475_646122.html

The former Atlético striker is the club’s primary target. Costa has already told new Chelsea coach Antonio Conte that he wants to return to the Calderón and the board are willing to pay 60 million euros for a player sold to Stamford Bridge for around 40 million two years ago. However, Chelsea will not allow talks to proceed until they have found a replacement.

how often have we heard these rumors from Spanish fish wraps? freakin' all of the time, but yet I haven't seen DC that bitter playing in London. I guess these fish wraps need to sell their papers so they print rubbish all of the time. Remember when Barca was playing AM in the UCL & the Spanish papers were printing that Messi went to Milan for rehab? Not sure why anyone would pay attention to the Spanish media.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, robdog said:

how often have we heard these rumors from Spanish fish wraps? freakin' all of the time, but yet I haven't seen DC that bitter playing in London. I guess these fish wraps need to sell their papers so they print rubbish all of the time. Remember when Barca was playing AM in the UCL & the Spanish papers were printing that Messi went to Milan for rehab? Not sure why anyone would pay attention to the Spanish media.

AM are like Roma. They only seem to make comments about transfers to clubs that concern us.

• Like 1