Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Costa

DavidEU
Followers 6

Does anyone think he stays? I don't think he does.. It's clear Atelti are willing to do anything to have him back, and I think Costa is ready to return "home". 

Will be interesting to see who we replace him with.. Just pray it's not Lukaku, anybody but him! 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

23 hours ago, nono said:

It's funny how people are pinning their hopes on Morata, someone who Mandzukic kept out of the starting line up. 

Mandzukic was a starter for the legendary treble Bayern, scored even in the CL final. No shame being behind in the pecking order, imo. At least short term.

Mandzukic was a starter for the legendary treble Bayern, scored even in the CL final. No shame being behind in the pecking order, imo. At least short term.

Has been on the decline for quite a bit. Dybala was carrying that team upfront.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Has been on the decline for quite a bit. Dybala was carrying that team upfront.

In the league you've got a point there, but i remember that game against Bayern Munich (2:2). He was one of the factors for the comeback. What i want to say is that i think that he has still a lot to offer, maybe he's not as good as before, but personally i wouldn't underestimate him.
I rate CL (especially knockout) matches highly, but that's just a personal preference. Maybe Mandzukic needs to switch teams again, another Heynckes would do him some good.

In the league you've got a point there, but i remember that game against Bayern Munich (2:2). He was one of the factors for the comeback. What i want to say is that i think that he has still a lot to offer, maybe he's not as good as before, but personally i wouldn't underestimate him.

I rate CL (especially knockout) matches highly, but that's just a personal preference. Maybe Mandzukic needs to switch teams again, another Heynckes would do him some good.

He definitely still has something to offer, but at a lesser CL club IMO. Monaco would probably be a decent move for someone like him.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Does anyone think he stays? I don't think he does.. It's clear Atelti are willing to do anything to have him back, and I think Costa is ready to return "home". 

Will be interesting to see who we replace him with.. Just pray it's not Lukaku, anybody but him! 

I doubt it would be Lukaku as..I don't see Conte starting the season with two young strikers up front.

5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I hope he stays to be honest. He can excel more as a player under Conte than Simione ... Conte will make him more disciplined while with Madrid it would be like a known setup and (as per the initial feelers) with Conte mostly going for a 2 strikers strategy, it will only help Costa with more feeds rather than being left all alone up front. 

If he goes, then I really dont think we will have world class players lined up for us ... specially when we arent in Europe this season. We might have to be content with second graders. :( 

6 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

We already have a striker, Michy. If we do sell Diego I hope we use the money towards making a run at Pogba.

4 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

hope it will give solanke a chance how knows

I don't think Dom deserves a chance. I see no reason to hope he'll get one in the coming season. I'd much rather see him try to make a step forward somewhere he'll get minutes.

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This is the same guy our fans basically worship every game with the (senseless) "Diego" chants and his thuglike behaviour. No loyalty. 

I bet you he has said no such thing and will stay here.

14 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Too little money for him.

Accept only if we get that plus a player.

I think it just makes too little sense. The plan people keep describing involves Diego leaving and being replaced by basically a couple of young kids. Is Morata & Batshuayi as the main partnership truly wise? Two young guys like that in a hugely important season with a new manager and with the strength of this league now?

An experienced, proven goal scorer who knows the PL and is settled in the side is very important and that's what we have in Diego. Unless he is begging and pleading with the club to return to Spain it just seems idiotic to sell him.

Only if he's replaced by a veteran who's scored bags of goals at the top level elsewhere in Europe for a top team would it make sense. There aren't really any of those available. Higuain is the only one I can think of.

• Like 1

Is this a joke or just rumors ?? Hope he isn't seriously going, would be bad honestly.... 

The only condition to sell to athletico is if it's a straight swap for Griezmann.  

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think it just makes too little sense. The plan people keep describing involves Diego leaving and being replaced by basically a couple of young kids. Is Morata & Batshuayi as the main partnership truly wise? Two young guys like that in a hugely important season with a new manager and with the strength of this league now?

An experienced, proven goal scorer who knows the PL and is settled in the side is very important and that's what we have in Diego. Unless he is begging and pleading with the club to return to Spain it just seems idiotic to sell him.

Only if he's replaced by a veteran who's scored bags of goals at the top level elsewhere in Europe for a top team would it make sense. There aren't really any of those available. Higuain is the only one I can think of.

That's my choice