Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Costa


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, manpe said:

 

If we can replace him with Morata or Higuain, then I'm for it. They wouldn't cost much more anyway than the quoted sum for Costa.

It wouldn't be bad. But honestly I think we should add to costa because we need two strikers in our team. Having costa as the only good finisher in our starting lineup is a bigger problem than people think. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

It wouldn't be bad. But honestly I think we should add to costa because we need two strikers in our team. Having costa as the only good finisher in our starting lineup is a bigger problem than people think. 

If Costa really wants to return to Madrid, then we should allow him to. We saw last season how useless he is when sulking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, manpe said:

 

If we can replace him with Morata or Higuain, then I'm for it. They wouldn't cost much more anyway than the quoted sum for Costa.

Morata would cost the same, but in pounds. 42 mil euros is about 32 mil pounds

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, manpe said:

 

If we can replace him with Morata or Higuain, then I'm for it. They wouldn't cost much more anyway than the quoted sum for Costa.

Morata is not lone striker IMO. If we sell Costa, we would need a proper replacement out there, but I dont see anyone on same level in term of scoring goals, and proper mentality. Costa gives his all in games, while I have my doubts on players like Higuain or Auba,

We had shitload of problems with strikers and Costa is the only one to work since Drogba. Unless Lewa, Aguero or Suarez is available, I would not trade Costa at all. Buy Morata and we have a formidable pairing for the next few years like we had with Didi and Anelka. Or with Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen.

Thinking about that, we were always realy realy good when we had two strikers on field. I think its time to try it again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the arrival of Batsuhayi and possible Morata he seems on his way out. Would be hard to take because despite his antics he offers many things like good runs, movements and obviously goals. But if he really wants to leave us for Atletico we should let him go, we need a calm season to rebuild our team and don't need irritating sagas off the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if with a departure of Costa, could it be the end of us playing hoof ball to the big guy up top? If someone like Morata came in, we would have two technically efficient forwards rather than a target man. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It's too big said:

I'm wondering if with a departure of Costa, could it be the end of us playing hoof ball to the big guy up top? If someone like Morata came in, we would have two technically efficient forwards rather than a target man. 

If we're selling him, we must get Morata. It's hard to find an upgrade or similar quality to costa 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Diego Costa. 

Selling Costa and buying Batshuayi and Morata(?) Lukaku (?) Higuain (?) not only weakens the squad but does so with a net loss of 50 million. No brainer for me that the club should do all they can to keep Costa.

All the talk of not wanting an unhappy player at the club, here's the thing -  Conte is yet to work with Costa. If, Costa still wants out next summer, then I'd consider selling him but selling a striker in his prime who is performing well after the season we have just had. Plain stupidity 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2016 at 11:25 AM, kellzfresh said:

If we're selling him, we must get Morata. It's hard to find an upgrade or similar quality to costa 

Or play hazard behind the striker ?? I would love to see hazard in a free role 2bh I hope we keep Costa on his day Costa is a handful 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strike said:

Keep Diego Costa. 

Selling Costa and buying Batshuayi and Morata(?) Lukaku (?) Higuain (?) not only weakens the squad but does so with a net loss of 50 million. No brainer for me that the club should do all they can to keep Costa.

All the talk of not wanting an unhappy player at the club, here's the thing -  Conte is yet to work with Costa. If, Costa still wants out next summer, then I'd consider selling him but selling a striker in his prime who is performing well after the season we have just had. Plain stupidity 

I fully agree with this :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Or play hazard behind the striker ?? I would love to see hazard in a free role 2bh I hope we keep Costa on his day Costa is a handful 

I would have loved hazard behind the striker, but I'm not confident in his finishing. I want another finisher beside costa in the starting line-up at all times, so that we'll be scoring more of our chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...