Diego Costa

Spike

I have no doubt in my mind Costa is the best striker in the world. Giving what he did with Atletico last year and what he has done with us, if he continues to bang them in, surely he has to be top 3 for Ballon d'Or in an ideal world. Ideal being the key word.

I know as long as he keeps scoring we are happy, but he does seem to be carrying a knock. At least from what I noticed watching the game.

He seemed to still make his cuts and nice movement when the opportunity was there, but his work rate and tracking of the ball was a bit down. I guess at the same time that could be due to laziness and just natural human nature of relaxing at times in some games. I guess you can't expect full intensity in every game, particularly one where you are dominating the whole game and there is no threat. But at the same time, it could be due to a slight injury or tightness.

Whatever it is, he is still good enough to knock in goals and get us these wins that we couldn't get last season. He is an absolute game changer.

I know as long as he keeps scoring we are happy, but he does seem to be carrying a knock. At least from what I noticed watching the game.

He seemed to still make his cuts and nice movement when the opportunity was there, but his work rate and tracking of the ball was a bit down. I guess at the same time that could be due to laziness and just natural human nature of relaxing at times in some games. I guess you can't expect full intensity in every game, particularly one where you are dominating the whole game and there is no threat. But at the same time, it could be due to a slight injury or tightness.

Whatever it is, he is still good enough to knock in goals and get us these wins that we couldn't get last season. He is an absolute game changer.

I dont think it's laziness :)

The guy is a beast - he's just taking it steady - look what happened to Ramsey! You don't mess around with hamstrings :)

This guy has a will to win - something we have lacked, cannot fault any aspect of his game or attitude

I dont think it's laziness :)

The guy is a beast - he's just taking it steady - look what happened to Ramsey! You don't mess around with hamstrings :)

This guy has a will to win - something we have lacked, cannot fault any aspect of his game or attitude

I didn't mean laziness as in not a hard worker or anything like that. Simply the type, being human nature, where a person gets comfortable, relaxes and eases their foot off the gas because we are winning comfortably. But then again, he might be tight and injured. Like I said, I don't know, but his running around the pitch seemed to be down a little. He is still bagging goals, so that is good. Just hoping he is healthy.

I didn't mean laziness as in not a hard worker or anything like that. Simply the type, being human nature, where a person gets comfortable, relaxes and eases their foot off the gas because we are winning comfortably. But then again, he might be tight and injured. Like I said, I don't know, but his running around the pitch seemed to be down a little. He is still bagging goals, so that is good. Just hoping he is healthy.

I can't profess to know the situation either - but I do think he is taking it steady - not wanting to get injured :) As long as he keeps scoring - I'm cool :) We need to get Remy up-to-speed as well - so he can deputise when needed :)

He's like a throwback striker, big, strong, fantastic movement and plenty of goals. The modern striker is more technical and nimble, they drop deep to collect the ball and rely on their dribbling/technical ability to create space and chances. i love the fact that he's an old fashioned striker, on saturday he wasn't having his best game but he still pops up and gets a goal, just brilliant.

How can they not? They aren't contractually obligated to their countries. Carlos Vela continues to decline call ups to Mexico.

Technically there's no contract but some kind of "soft law" meaning you're refusing the highest honor in the life of a professional footballer.

While I do not doubt for one moment that Costa is having the hamstring problem, can't help but to think that Mourinho is trying to protect him from the media pressure if he suddenly stops scoring by constantly emphasizing on the injury issue. Good management, if that's what Mourinho is really trying to do. :lol:

One must always be questioning JM, always! lol

That's how Costa works on his chemistry with Fabregas :lol::

tumblr_ncoffiq5Cq1sscln5o1_500.gif

tumblr_ncoffiq5Cq1sscln5o3_500.gif

tumblr_ncoffiq5Cq1sscln5o2_500.gif

Sometimes I forget Costa is only 25. When I see him behave like a kid, I always go, "Huh?" before remembering that he's actually younger than Cesc and Willian.

So he's 25, looks like he's 35, but sometimes behaves like he's 15 :D

Imagine if he was playing for Arsenal. He would already be out for the next 6 months or so. Thank God we have a great medical staff. I hope he doesn't get the call from Del Bosque.

While I do not doubt for one moment that Costa is having the hamstring problem, can't help but to think that Mourinho is trying to protect him from the media pressure if he suddenly stops scoring by constantly emphasizing on the injury issue. Good management, if that's what Mourinho is really trying to do. :lol:

IMO, my idea on him starting is that Mou wants the harmstring to be ...how can I say it... pushed to the limit, in order for him to be able to deny to call for Spain NT. Atleast, it seems a bit logical to me..

IMO, my idea on him starting is that Mou wants the harmstring to be ...how can I say it... pushed to the limit, in order for him to be able to deny to call for Spain NT. Atleast, it seems a bit logical to me..

Pretty sure that's part of the plan as well. It's never straightforward with Mourinho. :P