• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Agreed. His suspect decision making and lack of technical ability to release the perfect pass limit his on-ball play significantly. If he improved that part of his game and also aerial play, he would be world class, but at the moment he's far from it. You can see he didn't go through football academy education, he's rough around the edges, but at least he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

He's not a world class footballer but absolutely he's a world class striker.

His link up isn't all that but his movement causes havoc to defenses, if Conte can channel a full season off Diego in top form I can easily see a 30 goal season (with European football I would say 40 but that's looking unlikely).

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Our best player thrives on intricate one touch passing & one-two's 

Higuaín would be perfect at that :D 

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's not a world class footballer but absolutely he's a world class striker.

I am not convinced yet. He needs to show more for me to consider him world class. I would narrow it down even further - his finishing is world class, his movement is great, but a world class striker constitutes more for me. Think Drogba, Zlatan or Eto'o. Costa imo isn't at that level to categorize him in the same bracket when we are still debating whether he is better than Lukaku or Kane. BUT he has time, he's "only" 27, but he's not played professionally very long, he could be a late bloomer. He definitely needs to make dramatic improvement to his technique if he is ever to be considered one of the best, all strikers need to be able to control the ball.

World Class is such a stupid subjective and vague term. What is the definition of world class? Is my definition different to yours? What are the requirements? What about your own personal biases? 

Personally there are only XI world class players at any given time. Diego Costa is not the best striker in the world, I'd have to gamble and say Luis Suarez is.

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

What is the definition of world class? Is my definition different to yours?

Don't know, but if they are different then mine is obviously better. :)

I'd talk about twenty-two world class players, made up of the theoretical starter and his backup for each position. If that 'squad' were to be selected, I wonder how many unanimous picks there would be? My guess is two; Suarez being the other one.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Don't know, but if they are different then mine is obviously better. :)

Personally, I'd talk about twenty-two world class players comprising the theoretical starter and his backup for each position. If that 'squad' were to be selected, I wonder how many unanimous picks there would be? My guess is two; Suarez being the other one.

Yeah 22 is also a fair number. Suarez and Aguero would be my two strikers. Shame that Aguero is made out of some sort of plasticine. 

9 hours ago, King11Didier said:

Yeah, Im sure most of you remember how Hazard's link up with Drogba won us the match against spurs last year.

Yep, Drogba was the very definition of a complete striker. Him and Hazard would've wrecked defences together.

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Higuaín would be perfect at that :D 

I think that's why there was a rumor about us going after him. 

We shall see. 

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think that's why there was a rumor about us going after him. 

We shall see. 

I wonder if conte will be playing wif two strikers next season?? 

The club has to bring in a striker. Clear out Falcao and Pato. I wonder if they'll bring in someone to complement Costa or a bench option to change the game. Like a Dzeko

2 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's so fucking shit it's unbelievable. We desperately need a clinical striker, not one that needs 3/4 clear cut chances to score.

I suppose his goal today was a total fluke, right?

We need another striker , but not to replace Costa. Seriously don't see the need for exaggeration 

4 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's so fucking shit it's unbelievable. We desperately need a clinical striker, not one that needs 3/4 clear cut chances to score.

3/4 chances! HAHA,we'd be lucky if that was his strike rate. He needs way more than that.

Just now, Styles said:

This donkey cost us the game.

He needs 30 chances to score a goal.

He is a genuinely awful footballer who occasionally scores goals

His only saving grace is his movement but that's irrelevant when you can't finish easy chances.