Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Diego Costa

DavidEU
Followers 6

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm curious, what type of strikers wouldn't suite Conte's style? 

The ones that dont work hard. The ones that dont fight till end of the game.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The ones that dont work hard. The ones that dont fight till end of the game.

Tevez aside, his main strikers at Juve (Matri, Quagliarella, Llorente..etc.)  weren't particularly hard working. And with Italy he has Balotelli... 

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Tevez aside, his main strikers at Juve (Matri, Quagliarella, Llorente..etc.)  weren't particularly hard working. And with Italy he has Balotelli... 

In italy nt, he plays Pelle instead of Balotelli for this particular reason. 

Llorente never suceeded at juve, matri had one good season that he never repeated and Quagliarela wasnt all that great under Conte either.

On 4/5/2016 at 9:23 AM, Special Juan said:

I absolutely love Cavani, should of done everything we can years ago to get him here.

His movement is still world class and I would have him pronto.

Considering you aint too happy with Matic, Hazard etc...I believe you would be pissed at Cavani quite soon if he ever gets here.

Inconsistent, misses in big games (except vs chelsea), frustrating player to watch in general.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

In italy nt, he plays Pelle instead of Balotelli for this particular reason. 

Llorente never suceeded at juve, matri had one good season that he never repeated and Quagliarela wasnt all that great under Conte either.

Mate, you ran out of strikers that have worked with him :lol:

You can argue that any one of them was not successful in a certain period, but everyone of them helped Conte win titles (before the Serie A was a walk in the park. Juve were massive underdogs in his first two seasons). 

My point is, you can't say that from all the strikers that have worked with him only Tevez was his 'style'. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Abreu said:

COME ON, Diego. 

Tomorrow have to score .

Diego will be up for it

My only worry is that he might try so hard that he injures himself, like he did against PSG. Damn, I think we would have qualified if he kept that up for 90 mins...

I got so angry when he overlooked Hazard in the 2 vs 3 situation. He lacks a little bit of football IQ sometimes, but still he put in a good performance today and showed fighting spirit.

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I got so angry when he overlooked Hazard in the 2 vs 3 situation. He lacks a little bit of football IQ sometimes, but still he put in a good performance today and showed fighting spirit.

To be honest, I'm not sure if he knows the meaning of link-up play. Very rarely you see him combine with others to create a chance and usually, he tries to dribble past 3-4 players and fails miserably at it. Thank god he didn't screw up that buildup to Hazard's goal!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jason said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if he knows the meaning of link-up play. Very rarely you see him combine with others to create a chance and usually, he tries to dribble past 3-4 players and fails miserably at it. Thank god he didn't screw up that buildup to Hazard's goal!

He actually created quite a bit today. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I actually think he is one of the best strikers at passing back, and peeling off, finding good runs. It is more when he is asked to face forward and make plays, and like you said, he gets caught trying to dribble past too many players. 

• Like 1

Quite strange seeing actually the opponent's players doing dirty tactics against Costa. First Dembele, then Walker... If it was Costa doing this stuff, he woud be already banned by FA. Well done Diego, he really got under their skin :D

9 hours ago, Jason said:

No need for all the words mate, just say what we all know: Costa is a donkey like the vast majority of Chelsea players.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Styles said:

No need for all the words mate, just say what we all know: Costa is a donkey like the vast majority of Chelsea players.

He's an odd one though, it's not as obvious as Oscar where you just know he's good for nothing going forward. But Costa is actually a goal machine, when he's in the right mindframe he can easily get you 30 goals a season if the service also matches. But keeping that mindframe is an unwelcome distraction and task sometimes, as Mourinho found out. Conte v Costa has headlines written all over it :lol: 

I wish we had a striker who could score goals without relying on great service all the time. Drogba was a beast because he could score from anywhere and everywhere. If Costa could score from outside the box it would be great, but the majority if the time he needs to be inside the box to do anything. Aguero and suarez are two strikers who are great at being dangerous anywhere in or around the box given the chance. 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, It's too big said:

I wish we had a striker who could score goals without relying on great service all the time. Drogba was a beast because he could score from anywhere and everywhere. If Costa could score from outside the box it would be great, but the majority if the time he needs to be inside the box to do anything. Aguero and suarez are two strikers who are great at being dangerous anywhere in or around the box given the chance. 

Totally agree Drogba in his pomp was virtually unplayable. I in my (obviously unbiased !) opinion Drogba has been the best all round forward in the Premier League era Shearer being the best finisher.

• Like 2