Diego Costa

Spike

Were in Kompany and Mangalas pocket for the most of the match.

Still got a City player sent off, hit the post and almost got a touch on that Ivanovic header that wouldve resulted in a goal; I forgot that he was heavily involved in Schurrles goal to - i like that!

not only involved, his dribble and pass to Hazard were pivotal for that goal. Without his quality playing Hazard in that play we would have never scored.

He got off to a start that made everyone talk about him, and rightly so. Let's not get confused here he was good yesterday, whilst being very isolated.

Said it before and will say it again, he will score bag loads this season because he is exactly what we need.

City's defence did a job on him yesterday, but he still looked lively from time to time. We have to provide more support to him in other big games this season, and I am sure we will thrive throughout the season.

SKY used the word 'Bullied' I don't think that's true, marshaled would be the word I would use because he was isolated because of how we chose to play.

His build up to the goal was excellent and he hit the post. If you listened to SKY without watching the game then you could say he was shite, he wasn't, he did a decent job on Sunday.

SKY used the word 'Bullied' I don't think that's true, marshaled would be the word I would use because he was isolated because of how we chose to play.

His build up to the goal was excellent and he hit the post. If you listened to SKY without watching the game then you could say he was shite, he wasn't, he did a decent job on Sunday.

I'd use the word bullied, Kompany and Mangala were solid against Diego, out to him quick, nipped infront, 50/50 fouls.. some borderline but I wasn't expecting much from Mike Dean to be honest.

Decent job seeing as our entire front line took 1-2 extra touches for 85 minutes :blue scalf:

I know. I watched the game on Sky, but they went a bit overboard with their assessment.

City's defence did a job on him yesterday, but he still looked lively from time to time. We have to provide more support to him in other big games this season, and I am sure we will thrive throughout the season.

They did a job on him because he was starved of both service and support and was isolated until the sending off. We saw his quality in the build-up to the goal and the chance that hit the post.

They did a job on him because he was starved of both service and support and was isolated until the sending off. We saw his quality in the build-up to the goal and the chance that hit the post.

I totally agree. We need to stop playing that way against bigger teams, as we have the players to attack now.

Just checked to see what his turnover stat against City was like - he only turned over possession twice but was dispossessed 9 times! How does one manage to get a player sent off, play a key role in the build to the only goal scored and still manage to hit the post in a match where he was dispossessed 9 freaking times! This guy is straight up gangsta. Sick player.

He is playing like a beast with half fit condition, imagine if he is fully fit...

Our medical team are superb, just listening to Cesc about being pain free now after months of serious pain says it all.

I had feeling he wasnt pressing as much as on previous matches due to injury, but could be just me...

In previous games we played a little higher and the team pressed together. Against Man City we we sat deeper and only pressed them once they reached a certain point in our half so there was no need for Costa to press alone up-front.