Diego Costa

Spike

Yes, I understand that but still shouldn't risk a player who's got a hamstring injury. He admitted himself especially after it backfired horrendously.

I think at that point he already knew that he was already gone in the summer so he didn't really care about his fitness this season.

If there was even 10% chance that Diego would stay at Atlectico, I don't think he would have been risked.

Costa's PL shot accuracy (shots on target) is at 91% at the moment. Talk about clinical.

I'm sure it is down to the type of shots he takes. Most are in the box and his technique is to smack it hard and low. Come to think of it I don't ever recall his shot flying high over the bar. But the only drawback of it is that it doesn't work as well from distance. I doubt he would ever score many wondergoals and curlers outside the box with it.

I'm sure it is down to the type of shots he takes. Most are in the box and his technique is to smack it hard and low. Come to think of it I don't ever recall his shot flying high over the bar. But the only drawback of it is that it doesn't work as well from distance. I doubt he would ever score many wondergoals and curlers outside the box with it.

He hardly ever scored any from outside the box for Atletico. He's a penalty box striker so don't expect 30 yard screamers a'la Ibrahimovic.

Diego Costa has emerged from Sergio Agueros shadow and is replicating Jurgen Klinsmann with his seamless introduction to the Premier League... now the Chelsea striker is ready to down Manchester City

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2763754/Diego-Costa-replicating-Jurgen-Klinsmann-s-seamless-introduction-Premier-League.html

Don't raise your expectations too high. All this hype around Costa might make his and our life miserable in the future. As Jose and even Diego himself said, the goals will stop at a certain point. That point may be today. He was great against Leicester, Swansea, Burnley, Everton, but these teams don't really have Kompany, for example. This is a difficult game, the first real test for the team and for Costa in particular.

Chelsea striker Diego Costa says 'provoke me at your peril' ahead of test against league champions Manchester City

Gotta love Diego for his profile:

Diego Costa has always been a fighter. It is the story of the Chelsea striker’s life. “Well, I don’t like to lose – I think that gets noticed,” Costa says with a knowing smile.

“It’s something that many times goes well but other times goes badly for me. I’m just like that, I just always try to win, to get better, do my best and it always annoys me to lose.”

“Yes, I think anyone in life, everyone in the world, no matter what work they do, they should think of wanting to get on, to win, improve,” Costa says. “I don’t think I am the type of person who thinks: ‘I dunno, things are getting on top of me’. It’s not that I think I’m any different to most people. I always make a big effort, to fight with all my strength, make the best of a situation, and always want to win.”

Everton’s Seamus Coleman did in his club’s 6-3 defeat at home against Chelsea last month with the Merseysiders’ manager, Roberto Martínez, claiming that Costa needed to learn the “ethics” of British football after his aggressive reaction to Coleman later scoring an own goal. “They go looking for it,” is Costa’s emphatic response.

“You’ve got to know how to manage these situations. The truth is I’m fairly relaxed. If they provoke me, I’ll score against them. The reality is, for the moment, that I haven’t had any really physical battles. Things have been going well. So far, I’m enjoying it.”

all those things show and it's easy to understand why Luís thinks this of him:

“He is a simple person with a big heart,” Filipe says of Costa. “He tries to help everybody, his friends and his family, his team‑mates. Sometimes on the field he looks like he is crazy and he fights but outside off the field, he has one of the purest hearts I have ever known in my life. So I am proud to be his friend.”

The Brazilian has not been surprised by Costa’s impact. “I always said before I came,” Filipe says. “I played with Diego five years ago I started playing with him and his growth is huge. Every year he gets better. He is more confident – I have no doubt he will be in the top five in the world for the Ballon d’Or and he deserves it. Maybe some day he will win this trophy.

He never needed time to adapt in any place. He always goes to a club and scores. He just wants to play the best he can and score goals, so that mentality makes it really easy for him and for the clubs who have him. Not all players are like that.

Some players, especially like me, it is not easy when you get a new club, new team-mates and everything is new – especially the physicality is very different. But for Diego it’s never difficult.

“Everything is easy for him. He always wants to win and if he doesn’t he gets crazy, he gets mad. He’s that sort of person. Jose is also likes this. People with ambition, they always want to win and if they don’t they get mad. They try to get better and these sort of people really have to succeed in life.”

Clearly the man of the match for us. Fought like a lion and gave us the advantage by sending zabaleta off. Its a pity his shot hit the post. He along with azpilicueta where the real positives for me over 90 minutes in a game we should have won at the end. Matic worked hard, hazard assisted and schurrle scored but we should have won our attitude against ten men was rotten.