Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

They play intensive high pressing, lot of work and running. One of major weaknesess of Cesc who isnt mobile much.

In everything else, yes he would suit them like a glove.

Cesc came to Chelsea, turned things around, and won the PL. Rakitic would never have that kind of influence in any other team than Barca or Real. He is playing behind Messi in God form and Neymar, Suarez. His main job is not to fuck up. He doesn't need to do anything special, but pass the ball to Messi or Iniesta. Cesc is 100 times more important to Chelsea and most other teams. Creativity, assists and goals wins you games.

its like people have forgotten who we bought cesc from!!!!

But Cesc is an Arsenal player who went and played for Barcelona. He has Arsenal footballing DNA, not Barcelona footballing DNA. Regardless of the years he spent there as a kid.

But Cesc is an Arsenal player who went and played for Barcelona. He has Arsenal footballing DNA, not Barcelona footballing DNA. Regardless of the years he spent there as a kid.

dont exactly know how that helps in the rakitic vs cesc debate.

the way people are shooting down rakitic's acheivements this season simply cos "he has messi and iniesta" playing with him while not taking into consideration the fact that barca were actually the best team in the world when cesc went there and heads and shoulders above any of the other.team on the planet. last year barca went trophyless and this season they won the treble. now i am not saying that only cesc was responsible for barca's downfall or that only rakitic is responsible for barca's brilliant season, but it does have some relationship. rakitic has been awesome for barca while cesc never looked comfortable.

the way people are shooting down rakitic's acheivements this season simply cos "he has messi and iniesta" playing with him while not taking into consideration the fact that barca were actually the best team in the world when cesc went there and heads and shoulders above any of the other.team on the planet. last year barca went trophyless and this season they won the treble. now i am not saying that only cesc was responsible for barca's downfall or that only rakitic is responsible for barca's brilliant season, but it does have some relationship. rakitic has been awesome for barca while cesc never looked comfortable.

I'm making a point in reference to your own. "People are forgetting who we bought Fabregas from". Yes, Barcelona. But he was never really a Barcelona player. He's a guy with Premier League footballing DNA. No wonder why he's had such an incredible impact for us and made next to none over in Spain. It would be like taking another excellent Premier League midfielder in Lampard or Gerrard and expecting either of them to adapt to tika-taka after years of Premier League football. It wouldn't work.

They play intensive high pressing, lot of work and running. One of major weaknesess of Cesc who isnt mobile much.

In everything else, yes he would suit them like a glove.

you obviously havent watched Barca play much this season.

You're on a Chelsea forum, Cesc is always winning this.

Agree with Alex. It's the same for Spain. He probably won't be a starter at EURO 2016, and I'm not mad at that.

Rakitic is not a Barca midfielder either, but he was capable and willing to adapt to Barca and sacrifice his individual game for the sake of the team. Rakitic was the creative man at Sevilla so he's proven to be versatile.

Not sure why Ineista is still ranked so highly, he is nowhere the best midfielder in the world based on this past season. Rakitic was comfortably Barca best midfielder after Busquets. Pretty much Xavi and Ineista were on par this past season, but probably Ineista had a better season due to his late season surge.

The most objective Barca supporters will tell you the biggest issue with Cesc was his performance in the 2nd half of the season. Just like this past season with Chelsea.

I didnt watch every game, but at least 20 in whole season. They do press high.

not at such a high intensity like they used to under Pep, the front 3 press the ball sometimes backed up by Alves, Iniesta or Rakitic but if they dont win it back straight away then they drop off and invite their opponents on to them, so they can catch them on the counter attack, the way Barca pressed the ball this season is no different to how Chelsea pressed the ball.

not at such a high intensity like they used to under Pep, the front 3 press the ball sometimes backed up by Alves, Iniesta or Rakitic but if they dont win it back straight away then they drop off and invite their opponents on to them, so they can catch them on the counter attack, the way Barca pressed the ball this season is no different to how Chelsea pressed the ball.

True they dont press as much as under Pep but their tacticy vary nowdays. When they do press they press brilliantly and Rakitic is amazing at it.

Cesc in barca would fail big time if he was given same role as Rakitic, because Cesc cant press high. He is not mobile enough and not that kind of player. Thats also reason why our mdfeld gets overrun against any better side.

Don't know if its true or not, but has been retweet for a while now.

Del Bosque on Fabregas: "He's gone from an average English side that come close to trophies to a great side where they win trophies." #CFC

Hahahahahahahahahahaha but I thought Arsenal was the biggest club in the Prem?

:ph34r:

Cesc's best position is deep, though. When he has more time on the ball he is a game changer.

Don't know if its true or not, but has been retweet for a while now.

Del Bosque on Fabregas: "He's gone from an average English side that come close to trophies to a great side where they win trophies." #CFC

If anyone actually believes that quote, then he/she needs a brain scan...

• 2 weeks later...
  1. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing. For my full statement check this out http://www.facebook.com/cescfabregas

2. I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies...

For Arsenal Fans...

• 2 weeks later...