Academy Players Contribution 13/14 Season

I've been doing some work at the moment and thought Id share. I've been looking at the first team contribution of players grown at their club. Out of the 92 teams in the top 4 leagues we rank 52nd for apps contribution (Southampton are the highest ranking premier league club at 10th).

35iu39l.jpg

aw5edd.jpg

At the bottom of the last one shows a % contribution. Don't know if its readable but we are at about 6%. Arsenal and Aston Villa were in the 20% range.

I know it doesn't mean much to teams like our self, but thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Share the file too. Or still in progress?

The second one isn't finished yet... as you can see.

Im not entirely sure I am allowed to share though, I will find out. the big list of 92 teams should be okay to share, I'll double check though.

The second one isn't finished yet... as you can see.

Im not entirely sure I am allowed to share though, I will find out. the big list of 92 teams should be okay to share, I'll double check though.

How come you can't share? Working on it for someone else?

Yeah working on it for another club. Man city were about 78th in the total list. Its more of a project for clubs with very little external income.

I see. Pretty cool. Sometimes I spend hours and hours doing random analysis about Chelsea just for my amusement, wish I would actually get paid for it. Would be a dream job haha. That said, might not stay a dream of the pay isn't good. Anyways that's off topic.

So how are they ranked? Percentage of total players and appearances vs. those that came from the Academy? I'm guessing Terry with so many appearances is the only contribution for Chelsea. And is this just for last season?

I see. Pretty cool. Sometimes I spend hours and hours doing random analysis about Chelsea just for my amusement, wish I would actually get paid for it. Would be a dream job haha. That said, might not stay a dream of the pay isn't good. Anyways that's off topic.

So how are they ranked? Percentage of total players and appearances vs. those that came from the Academy? I'm guessing Terry with so many appearances is the only contribution for Chelsea. And is this just for last season?

So the first one is literally just the total appearances of all the players that played for the first team that are a product of that teams academy. Thats how they're ranked and there is also information on how many players that's divided between. Its just showing which teams are relying on their academy products/creating good academy players.

the second one is looking more at their contribution to the team. How many games are they starting, and how many goals are they contributing type thing. would be good to look at point contribution, but its a lot of work!

some teams rate their academies highly, some teams have them for the sake of it - just in case they find a worldie. Yeovil scrapped their academy last year because they hadn't brought a player through in something like 15 years (not sure exactly how many years). some academies are more efficient than others - Crewe topped this list, they also seem to produce a lot of players that go off in to the higher leagues - and this makes them their money maker.

It's quite cool seeing it all in numbers and just how much of a difference there is between clubs. Man City were the lowest ranked out of all the league winners. with their impressive new facilities though they should be producing the best players in the world in the near future.