Expectations for 2014-15 season? Time to end the sucess/failure debate for all

Easy on the absinthe. It does terrible things to your liver :).

I lived in France I only took Pernod in winter and even then mixed with water ,, but thanks for the advice ,, but i do have almost 70 years of drinking experience

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember Rodgers' first season at Liverpool? It's knee-jerk reaction people like you who would have sacked him quoting *stability is earned, not given* after his first 18 months in charge. Now look at them. We need stability. I for one wouldn't care if we didn't win a trophy next year as long as I can see that the club is heading in the right direction but I know that won't be enough for fans like you and possibly RA (unless he's grown out of sacking people at the first sign of trouble, which I truly hope and believe he has).

(1) Liverpool actually played good football last season, so you could see progress there. Our football has only gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed, unfortunately. We look clueless in possession and we play incredibly disjointed football relying chiefly on the brilliance of Hazard. How many times have you seen people moan about the football we play?

(2) We need stability, but the question has to be asked. Can Jose make this team play the brand of football the owner wants to see? Remember, Mourinho was not first choice for this job. He wasn't even second choice. Guardiola and Klopp were ahead of him.

(1) Liverpool actually played good football last season, so you could see progress there. Our football has only gotten worse and worse as the season has progressed, unfortunately. We look clueless in possession and we play incredibly disjointed football relying chiefly on the brilliance of Hazard. How many times have you seen people moan about the football we play?

(2) We need stability, but the question has to be asked. Can Jose make this team play the brand of football the owner wants to see? Remember, Mourinho was not first choice for this job. He wasn't even second choice. Guardiola and Klopp were ahead of him.

Yep the 2nd part is very important too for Roman, remember he and we all want to enjoy at the same time as winning. That 0-0 draw in Madrid for example was not what Roman wanted. I still think Klopp would be a good choice for us too because he seems to know how to make his team play an intense pressing attacking game.

Well we came really close to winning two major trophies this year so maybe next season one of them can be a possibility.

Its important that we dominate our own league before thinking of winning the Champions League. So, I'll keep the Premier League and at least a semi final FA cup finish as our top priority.

Personally I don't mind the football as I prefer Chelsea to win, no matter how they do it. But maybe that's just me.

I truly think that we'll play better football next season, during Mourinho's time at Chelsea before we actually did play some very nice stuff, I think this season we have been forced to play like this because Mourinho knows that we have a lot of young, inexperienced, new players who wouldn't be able to compete in a gung-ho game of attacking football. I guess we'll just have to see where we go next season.

Attacking fluid football.

Quick fast paced football.

No Buses. No "tactical" wins. Good footballing wins.

Striker with 30 goals.

Less talk of defensive group responsibility, and more adventure. Jose is good enough to make that possible too. He isnt a one trick pony.

Counter attack becoming a part of our play, rather than the sole approach to a game.

Lukaku being retained. Courtois No. 1 Choice. Cech kept as no, 2 or sold for good money.

2 Strikers upfront please!

Lukaku Cavani

No costa!!

change in formation. We dont need 2 players sitting deep. Matic alone in that position!

Change our image as a Boring, Bland football team. That is also important.

Win the League and COC/FA cup double.

Youngsters must be integrated in some real way. Good players will eventually stop coming to our Youth academy knowing that no one gets in.

Personally I don't mind the football as I prefer Chelsea to win, no matter how they do it. But maybe that's just me.

I truly think that we'll play better football next season, during Mourinho's time at Chelsea before we actually did play some very nice stuff, I think this season we have been forced to play like this because Mourinho knows that we have a lot of young, inexperienced, new players who wouldn't be able to compete in a gung-ho game of attacking football. I guess we'll just have to see where we go next season.

If we still play some dour football at sometime and end up trophy less again he will have to go. However, I have full confidence Jose will be able to help us to do it especially with Diego Costa now all but our striker unofficially.

Win the league, thats all i want, and we should do it after we came so close to win it in Jose's first season. I dont think we should fear anyone, City, Liverpool, United... i think we should be a lot better than them next season. Ciy had the best squad, a squad that runs together for a few years, they're in their prime this season and they barely going to win it. Liverpool had a freak season that i dont think they're going to replicate. United have too much to change, im not sure about Van Gaal abilities to chance it all in a few months and im not sure they'll get the players they want without CL football.

The leauge wasnt a must this season, i feel its a must for next season.

Win the league, thats all i want, and we should do it after we came so close to win it in Jose's first season. I dont think we should fear anyone, City, Liverpool, United... i think we should be a lot better than them next season. Ciy had the best squad, a squad that runs together for a few years, they're in their prime this season and they barely going to win it. Liverpool had a freak season that i dont think they're going to replicate. United have too much to change, im not sure about Van Gaal abilities to chance it all in a few months and im not sure they'll get the players they want without CL football.

The leauge wasnt a must this season, i feel its a must for next season.

I don't agree with you about Liverpool mate, toward the 2nd half of last season they also played greatly too and had some good results such as away to City or Arsenal or thumping teams like Fulham/Newcastle 5/6-0. I think they will be up there again next year and apparently they are interested in signing Lalana too and probably others. MU will be back that is for sure, LVG is a brilliant mental coach, he will get them up there and in fact they also have one of the best squad in the league atm, probably will spend 100m+ to add to it too. City obviously will be there, maybe with Mangala and Fernando to their already strong team.

So it is gonna be much tougher than this season to win the league but I agree it is a must.

I don't agree with you about Liverpool mate, toward the 2nd half of last season they also played greatly too and had some good results such as away to City or Arsenal or thumping teams like Fulham/Newcastle 5/6-0. I think they will be up there again next year and apparently they are interested in signing Lalana too and probably others. MU will be back that is for sure, LVG is a brilliant mental coach, he will get them up there and in fact they also have one of the best squad in the league atm, probably will spend 100m+ to add to it too. City obviously will be there, maybe with Mangala and Fernando to their already strong team.

So it is gonna be much tougher than this season to win the league but I agree it is a must.

I didnt say all those teams wont be "there", i said we should be better. Because we have the manager, the spirit and the squad that suppose to get better. I dont think City and Liverpool has to be better next season, my guess is they wouldnt, we defenetly will be i hope.

No Buses. No "tactical" wins. Good footballing wins.

Ah, the Brendan Rodgers 'I only want us to win one way' type of football. Are we going to write letters to our opponents so they let us do that?

Why do I get the feeling that you view 'tactical wins' in a negative light? Were the 12 points we got off of Man City and Liverpool not to your liking?

Not only do you want a league and cup double, but you want it won in a certain way....unbelievable. :rolleyes:

I'd be happy with progression and us acquiring players in the positions we need them. I think if we do that then the league is very much in our reach. I'd like to see the squad reshaped to better reflect what Jose wants and get rid of some of the deadwood.

The treble.

Win every game of the season.

Fluid football.

Courtois 100% clean sheets.

Mourinho playing as a #10 in the CL final behind Costa.

this seems better than what the poster above u wrote....

"no tactical wins" so lets just play stupid football.