Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Foxes net Chelsea youngster

Leicester City have completed the permanent signing of 19-year-old defender Harry Worley from Chelsea on a three-year deal.

Worley initially joined the Foxes on loan until the end of the season in March.

After impressing during his brief spell at the Walkers Stadium, in which he made a substitute appearance against Sheffield United and his full debut during Sunday's ill-fated goalless draw at Stoke which saw City relegated, the Foxes have moved to snap up the teenager.

Worley told the club's official website: "Leicester City is the club for me and I am more than happy to be here.

"Obviously relegation is a blow, but I am still young and enthusiastic and am determined to play my part in helping the club get back up to the Championship at the first time of asking."

2065214058.jpg

Leicester City have today (Wednesday) completed the permanent signing of Harry Worley from Chelsea.

The 19-year-old talented defender initially joined the Foxes on loan from Stamford Bridge until the end of the season back in March.

But after impressing during his brief spell, which saw him make a substitute appearance at Sheffield United and a start against Stoke City last Sunday, the Foxes have moved quickly to snap up the teenager on a three-year-contract.

0,,10274~3659576,00.jpg

And Worley is delighted to have put pen-to-paper on an extended deal.

He said: "Leicester City is the club for me and I am more than happy to be here.

"Obviously relegation is a blow but I am still young and enthusiastic and am determined to play my part in helping the club get back up to the Championship at the first time of asking.

"I must continue to work hard and wait for my chance."

The Warrington-born defender signed for Chelsea from Stockport County in the summer of 2005 with a tribunal setting an initial fee of £150,000.

Worley turned professional in November 2005 and in his first season made the most appearances at youth level.

In March 2007 he joined Doncaster Rovers on loan, making his debut in a vital 1-0 win at Nottingham Forest before going on to make another nine appearances for Rovers.

Worley was an unused substitute in the 2007 Community Shield at Wembley and also enjoyed a month's long loan spell at Carlisle United in August.