Is Chelsea The Most Hated Club In Europe?

Spike

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I started supporting Chelsea was for the rebellious attitude.

Us against all. Roman came, invested, made everyone to take notes, I am here to succeed & he surely did. The dummies of the FA hate it now. Anything this club does it is scrutinized & punished if possible. This club was robbed by the refs against Aston Villa & Sunderland, deprived of the challenge for the PL trophy.

Now, Jose is around, we all know that he is an outspoken person & those cunts cannot accept it.

As for bringing youngsters, just look at them at Cobham. The state of the art facilities & young players are coming out of there soon.

So, fuck them all. Play the B team on Sunday.

Barca and Bayern have always had the foundation to allow their youngsters to flow - managerial stability, one philosophy. That's the level I want us to get to but it's going to take time and stability must be maintained throughout the club.

Arsenal haven't challenged for the title in God knows how many years so again it's easy for them to nurture their young talent.

United again benefitted from managerial stability at the club. Fergie has been there for years so it was easy for him to bring through those players.

Yes we aren't great at bringing through players but surely people understand why that is? If we were under the conditions a United, Barca or Bayern have been and still failed to produce or bring through good talent then yes, I'd be blasting the club but for me it's understandable why we're in this sort of situation.

I get what you are saying and I agree with it but what prompted the response was the idea that it's mission impossible for youngsters to break through at a big club and some people actually use that false claim as a justification for our failure. I only merely pointed out that other big clubs are doing just fine in regards to youth development and people should ease up on over used cliches such as "It's such a big step up", "you cannot expect a big club to give youth chances" "Doing it at reserves or lower league or midtable club is one thing bla bla bla".

You at least admitted that we have weakness in that area and gave reasons why we haven't been as successful in bringing through a youngster from the academy, it's those on the other end of the spectrum that the response was aimed at.

If people are going to defend the club and its youth policy then by all means use the lack of stability excuse but what I hate hearing is the notion that big clubs aren't meant to bring through youth and it's some sort of mission impossible and that we have never had a youngster good enough to make the grade either.

Look at this bbc article from 2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/2298897.stm

The giant was still sleeping back in those days, so why exactly were some people obsessed about us? Even back then, when trophies and cash were in short supply? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Ultimately it comes down to politics.
Why hate a club and not hate some others ? Does n't make much sense. After all when we play against them they are all enemies.

I somehow hate les Genkois of Belgium for their silly chanting against Greek team, but who knows when they will be drawn against us again ? Maybe in 2048.
Essentially all political systems then are oligarchies, except in the west we elect our leaders instead of them taking power by themselves.
From my almanac, during the years 1964-65, the "Greek spring" with George Papandreou and his "true democracy", Panathinaikos junta ruled everything (scandalous offside decisions, penalties, penalties won by the opposition to be retaken until a player missed and so on).
It may be surprising to some, but it was the Papadopoulos junta that came later (1967-74) who made the most democratic distribution of championships, with three going to Panathinaikos (inadvertently), two to AEK Athens and two to Olympiakos Piraeus.
With the system of "democracy and European integration" we have now, the tables have turned and it is Piraeus now who reign supreme. The Pinochets of this world, the Salazars and the Papadopoulos are turning in their graves and they are saying "how did those guys do it ?". The "hut" as we call it is everywhere.

They hate because we win the ugly way and "parking the bus" but we don't want to be the crowd favorite and win nothing like arsenal, football is about trophies not about sexy football.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I even like the ugliest dog around, an English Bulldog.

Look at this bbc article from 2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/2298897.stm

The giant was still sleeping back in those days, so why exactly were some people obsessed about us? Even back then, when trophies and cash were in short supply? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Ken Bates was hated by the press . That is really when the press campaign started led and orchestrated by the Daily Mail

I get what you are saying and I agree with it but what prompted the response was the idea that it's mission impossible for youngsters to break through at a big club and some people actually use that false claim as a justification for our failure. I only merely pointed out that other big clubs are doing just fine in regards to youth development and people should ease up on over used cliches such as "It's such a big step up", "you cannot expect a big club to give youth chances" "Doing it at reserves or lower league or midtable club is one thing bla bla bla".

You at least admitted that we have weakness in that area and gave reasons why we haven't been as successful in bringing through a youngster from the academy, it's those on the other end of the spectrum that the response was aimed at.

If people are going to defend the club and its youth policy then by all means use the lack of stability excuse but what I hate hearing is the notion that big clubs aren't meant to bring through youth and it's some sort of mission impossible and that we have never had a youngster good enough to make the grade either.

There are no teams with championship aspirations that play with youngsters. Those are fairytales.

I remember occasions when this happened, but it was the result of some emergency condition of one kind or another. Some of them become great players after two years, but it's only under unusual cicrumstances that the big teams do that.

There exist youngster teams though around the world who are mainly middle of the table sides and they produce the majority of new talents.

There are no teams with championship aspirations that play with youngsters. Those are fairytales.

I remember occasions when this happened, but it was the result of some emergency condition of one kind or another. Some of them become great players after two years, but it's only under unusual cicrumstances that the big teams do that.

There exist youngster teams though around the world who are mainly middle of the table sides and they produce the majority of new talents.

And what's the relevance of this statement as no one is championing the idea of first team squad composed entirely of youngsters and secondly there have been plenty of clubs with championship aspirations both in the past and present who have/had youngsters in their first team squad getting regular playing time to make your statement inaccurate. And if you bothered to read the very post you quoted you would have seen the evidence. And while we are at it, let's close down the academy and just buy an entire squad. . . .and people wonder why they call our fans plastic.

They hate because we win the ugly way and "parking the bus" but we don't want to be the crowd favorite and win nothing like arsenal, football is about trophies not about sexy football.

This is a very lazy way to argue.

attractive football and success are not mutually exclusive. Arsenal haven't being able to replicate their earlier success due to other factors not necessarily related to their style of play.

This is a very lazy way to argue.

attractive football and success are not mutually exclusive. Arsenal haven't being able to replicate their earlier success due to other factors not necessarily related to their style of play.

Exactly. On another day a person on Twitter was saying "I prefer winning over attractive football". I mean it's not like Who wants to be a Millionaire where it's either a,b,c or d. Lots of clubs win by attractive football.

Gotze's a poor example, considering he played for Dortmund. if Dortmund were fueled with millions, the chances of him making it through would be slim.

Your Gotze example is irrelevant because Borussia finished 5th in his breakthrough season. They weren't challenging for the title.

Yes but oppositions fans don't think like that. I'm saying why opponents hate us. U can't expect others to admire a club that currently only has John Terry from its youth. Moreover, we earned a bit of a reputation for 'destroying' youth. Look how many players we have on loan, many of them living with (it feels quite cruel to say) false hope of one day representing Chelsea. And in the end many of these talented young players end up nowhere.

A bit extreme. Young players on Championship sides exist in a weird dimension - they are at the same time a necessity and a luxury.

Teams nowadays need to bring through youngsters, ideally as key first-team members, in order to comply with FFP. You can also go the route we have of stockpiling players and selling them later on - I'm sure other teams hate us for that because we're ahead of the curve in that regard. EVERY club will recognise the difficulty with going from good young prospect to productive professional. Having a 'B team' like Vitesse or simply loaning out players like we do is probably the best method for this so far and we probably do it better than anyone else.

But when you put them into a team challenging for the title, they are a luxury generally speaking. Anyone making a step up like that in any profession will take time to bed in and adjust to the pace and you have to cover them. Simply put, we haven't had a good enough team to do that for a good few years now. If you've got an established spine then you can add in youngsters and these other players will cover for them.

For example, Chalobah. Could you put him alongside a Mikel or Ramires and expect them to cover for him? Absolutely not. But alongside Matic?? That's a more reasonable expectation, especially if you have a solid defence behind him and players like Hazard and Costa up top.

Yes but oppositions fans don't think like that. I'm saying why opponents hate us. U can't expect others to admire a club that currently only has John Terry from its youth. Moreover, we earned a bit of a reputation for 'destroying' youth

So other teams' supporters hate us because they're morons? Who gives a fuck why they hate us then?

What is surprising is the number of Chelsea 'fans' who buy into this shit and castigate the club based on it. You don't have to look much higher than this post to see some examples of that.

Fuck those 'fans' too.

It happens in other sports too. Saracens used to get shit for their recruitment practices and for playing boring rugby....yesterday the destroyed Clermont by 40 points and scored 6 tries because they stuck with that process, built a solid team and added the bells and frills in time. It required patience and support from their supporters (supporters and supporting come from the same root word http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/support )....what a novel idea.