Is Chelsea The Most Hated Club In Europe?

Spike

We are hated because we accumulate quality players by buying expensively. then dont play sexy football.

We havent brought through any players from our academies, since John Terry, even though we are one of the highest spending clubs in terms of our youth setup.

The day we start playing positive football, the world will be singing praises for us, but till the time we play bland footy, neutrals have every right to hate us, and rightly so.

Its not like we fans revel in this style, we too are waiting for that change towards sexy football. The fact is that we know it will come eventually, and wait for the final puzzle every season.

Rebuilding takes time, but i think at this point, apart from a World class striker. we have all the tools to play good football.

Its down to tactics. We choose to play this way, and i cant get my head around it, why.

I just hope the "striker" coming in means we will play more positively, in general.

Really? Don't believe that myself. We're a decent counter-attacking team and no more than that.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that abuse is jealousy mate.im 53 and a proud blue

If it's just pure jealousy which will be down to sustained success (otherwise what else will they be jealous about) then why aren't other successful teams hated or atleast as hated as us? like man utd or Barca for example.

If it's just pure jealousy which will be down to sustained success (otherwise what else will they be jealous about) then why aren't other successful teams hated or atleast as hated as us? like man utd or Barca for example.

They have been successful for longer, the success attracts young fans, these young fans grow up some to powerful positions such as journolist and then you tend to notice trends in the media such as support for United or Liverpool...Give it 10 more years :)

get some good CMs, attacking fullbacks, and a real top striker and start playing quick then the neutral viewer will enjoy CFC a bit. Chelsea are "doing what's necessary" not just because it's practical away at Madrid but also because Chelsea are inept and have been inept for years as a squad.

Some of you Chelsea fans should recognize that this is the CL semi-final and a lot of people watch it regardless of the club they support, so when Chelsea continue to be the 1.7 billion GBP club that can't play football, the reputation is deserved.

Get some better players and start playing quicker, more incisive and the club's image will improve along with many Chelsea fans' feelings about the way Chelsea play.

That's a great point especially since clubs spending less money than us play better football.

The post below is a good addition to the post above.

We are hated because we accumulate quality players by buying expensively. then dont play sexy football.

We havent brought through any players from our academies, since John Terry, even though we are one of the highest spending clubs in terms of our youth setup.

The day we start playing positive football, the world will be singing praises for us, but till the time we play bland footy, neutrals have every right to hate us, and rightly so.

Its not like we fans revel in this style, we too are waiting for that change towards sexy football. The fact is that we know it will come eventually, and wait for the final puzzle every season.

Rebuilding takes time, but i think at this point, apart from a World class striker. we have all the tools to play good football.

Its down to tactics. We choose to play this way, and i cant get my head around it, why.

I just hope the "striker" coming in means we will play more positively, in general.

Adding to your point regarding youth, people hate us for 'destroying' young talent too. Often giving young players high wages to keep them at the club and then when it's their time to play- we do nothing or just throw them to some League One club.

Recently there was an article on Eurosport about Andreas Christensen, paying him high wages to keep him at the club yet he doesn't even get a chance to play. At his age look at Sterling. A regular player at a top club. Goetze was playing in the UCL at that age rather than the FA Youth Cup.

Man U and Barca r hated too. The thing is every other cunt claims to be a United fan (u might not notice it in England but in foreign countries like here for example, 9 out of 10 people claim to support Man United in England).

Recently there was an article on Eurosport about Andreas Christensen, paying him high wages to keep him at the club yet he doesn't even get a chance to play

The article was highly falsified. His dad denied such claims along with the claim. More agenda based articles.

The article was highly falsified. His dad denied such claims along with the claim. More agenda based articles.

Agenda based article? What agenda? Weren't u the same guy who was telling me last summer that there is no such stuff as an agenda etc? Lol. Funny thing is now you're making such theories yourself.

Agenda based article? What agenda? Weren't u the same guy who was telling me last summer that there is no such stuff as an agenda etc? Lol. Funny thing is now you're making such theories yourself.

His own dad came out and said that the report is bogus. There's no theories to it at all.

It is completely out of proportion, what the Daily Mail has written about Andreas' salary. It is tasteless and very far from reality. Yes, it's bad, nowhere near what Andreas makes at Chelsea.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/4/16/5620716/andreas-christensen-daily-mail-wages

Liverpool were not a top club last season, hence why they could give players like Sterling a chance.

The media constantly heaps hate on Chelsea, and everyone will at least give you an angry look if you say or wear anything that shows your support for CFC. For me, wearing a Chelsea kit in Germany is a symbol of anti-mainstream. Hence I got one, my girl has one, my brother has one and my mates have some. For us the royal blue is also a sign of mutual support and togetherness, cos no one else wears it here. Triumphantly walking through the city and the hordes of crying Bayern fans, proudly wearing my blue scarf and full kit is one of my greatest memories. Not only because of the magic campaign but because after all the stick we got in those years I could gleefully ram it down people's throats

What are you on about? all you've been doing is slating the club and manager season through without any basic logic. When did I say that exactly, and in what context. The latter being more important.

His own dad came out and said that the report is bogus. There's no theories to it at all.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/4/16/5620716/andreas-christensen-daily-mail-wages

Liverpool were not a top club last season, hence why they could give players like Sterling a chance.

Lot of top clubs give youngsters a chance, look how long Goetze's been playing. My point here was why OPPONENTS hate us. Hearing things like this and not seeing (m)any youth players represent Chelsea is a reason why they hate us.

What are you on about? all you've been doing is slating the club and manager season through without any basic logic. When did I say that exactly, and in what context. The latter being more important.

Without any basic logic? I've given reasons behind some of the things I'm disappointed about. When we had the whole argument with JayC etc last summer, you explicitly told me that there is no such thing as 'agendas' etc. u know...

We're successful, of course we are :lol:

It's like, right now everyone loves Everton because they're a smaller, ambitious, club. If by some miracle Martinez got them to a consistent title-challenging squad everyone would turn on them too.

Difference is Everton can pass and move quickly, thus people enjoy their play, unlike CFC first team with too much hesitation, ponderous play. Everton still lack enough in the striker position though.

Lot of top clubs give youngsters a chance, look how long Goetze's been playing. My point here was why OPPONENTS hate us. Hearing things like this and not seeing (m)any youth players represent Chelsea is a reason why they hate us.

Without any basic logic? I've given reasons behind some of the things I'm disappointed about. When we had the whole argument with JayC etc last summer, you explicitly told me that there is no such thing as 'agendas' etc. u know...

As I said , context. You were going on about how the FA was rigged to favor United. That agenda. How's it working out for you now? Is FA still favoring United? The agenda I was talking about was the one media had with Chelsea.

Gotze's a poor example, considering he played for Dortmund. if Dortmund were fueled with millions, the chances of him making it through would be slim.

Difference is Everton can pass and move quickly, thus people enjoy their play, unlike CFC first team with too much hesitation, ponderous play. Everton still lack enough in the striker position though.

which is fine as long as they're not a major threat to anyone. even the most "beautiful footballer" (however you choose to define that) will attract jealousy & thus hatred if it's successful.

Your Gotze example is irrelevant because Borussia finished 5th in his breakthrough season. They weren't challenging for the title.

Your Gotze example is irrelevant because Borussia finished 5th in his breakthrough season. They weren't challenging for the title.

Yes that was a bad example however

Barca-enough said

Bayern- Almost half of their first team came from their youth system or were bought as a teenager and nurtured into the first team namely lahm,Bastian,Kroos, Alaba, Badstubber.

Arsenal- (see bayern) Wilshere,Ramsey,Walcott,AOC,Gibbs, Gnabry

man utd- Fletcher,Evans,Januzaj,Wellback,Cleverly,Raphael

At this point it's not even debatable that we are pathetic when it comes to developing and nurturing youngsters into the first team. big club is no excuse for how pathetic we have been in that regard given other big clubs have more youngsters that are club trained in the first team and they actually give these kids proper chances too and not the useless 4 mins appearance in the carling cup.

So yeah the hatred is self inflicted. It's no wonder Christensen's father is already about his sons future away from the club. . . .

Yes that was a bad example however

Barca-enough said

Bayern- Almost half of their first team came from their youth system or were bought as a teenager and nurtured into the first team namely lahm,Bastian,Kroos, Alaba, Badstubber.

Arsenal- (see bayern) Wilshere,Ramsey,Walcott,AOC,Gibbs, Gnabry

man utd- Fletcher,Evans,Januzaj,Wellback,Cleverly,Raphael

At this point it's not even debatable that we are pathetic when it comes to developing and nurturing youngsters into the first team. big club is no excuse for how pathetic we have been in that regard given other big clubs have more youngsters that are club trained in the first team and they actually give these kids proper chances too and not the useless 4 mins appearance in the carling cup.

So yeah the hatred is self inflicted. It's no wonder Christensen's father is already about his sons future away from the club. . . .

Barca and Bayern have always had the foundation to allow their youngsters to flow - managerial stability, one philosophy. That's the level I want us to get to but it's going to take time and stability must be maintained throughout the club.

Arsenal haven't challenged for the title in God knows how many years so again it's easy for them to nurture their young talent.

United again benefitted from managerial stability at the club. Fergie has been there for years so it was easy for him to bring through those players.

Yes we aren't great at bringing through players but surely people understand why that is? If we were under the conditions a United, Barca or Bayern have been and still failed to produce or bring through good talent then yes, I'd be blasting the club but for me it's understandable why we're in this sort of situation.