Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but of course. they are real madrid. they ve got no money. just a few golden coins from the end of their rainbow bank.

id love to see u trying to write in an other language other than your first language.

In any language the idea of Hazard leaving us for Madrid this summer sounds like nonsense.

I think the result favors Atletico

• we've struggled against parked buses all season, and tactically atletico will come to give us the taste of our own medicne
  • playing extra time will favor the away team
  • if it comes to it, they'll have a better chance in penalty shoot out because they've by far a better GK
  • we've lost lampard, JT and peter
  • due to its smaller pitch size, SB is suited for parking the bus and counter atacking

Here is something to think about.

Chelsea have been in European play in May in seven of the last ten seasons, and also that this will be their 13th European semi at Stamford Bridge and they've never lost one.

I know...Chelsea has no history so these things can be overlooked

Wasnt the most pretty game to watch.

Nothing wrong in playing a defensive game away, since this is 2 legged CL football.

What is disappointing though, is when watching the highlights of the game, we did not have even one attack.

That is rubbish.

Defensive game - tactics. That is acceptable, but not having a single proper attack the whole game in a CL Semi final is not something we can be proud of.

Just Saying!

we were without our best players in attack and lost our keeper and captain. I guarantee you the gameplan was to soak up the pressure in the first half and make a couple subs to knick it in the last 25mins. Had we not been forced to make subs I bet Schurrle, Ba and possibly Oscar would've come on to look for a goal.

We didn't play our strongest XI and we went into a tough environment and kept the tie alive with it going back to the bridge! We can and will win there. This was another Jose Masterclass don't know what you're whining about.

Apart from Hazard we pretty much had the entire squad! Soaking up the pressure is what we do in pretty much every big game, yest was no different and that is surely no Masterclass!!!!!! RDM won us the CL on the same!!! .... Schurrle did come in the second to defend not to attack ....

Being so defensive could go against us ... all they need to do is score a goal and the pressure is on us then they will play the "19th Century" football and we will cry!

How extra time favors the team that had to travel and are literally in foreign territory? And we're used to playing without any space - even if we suck balls - they aren't and they proved that in a pitch as huge Vicente Calderón when we took away their space. They'll struggle even more. They're Chelsea 2.0 with a better overrated striker, but with way less experience and success at this stage - which is all much important and decisive.

And I think it's pretty naive from everyone to think that Mou will come with an offensive team for the home leg.

The only change I see is Hazard for Lampard if he's fit. Then drop Luiz to CB and Ramires do the pivot. With both Lamps and Mikel out and Matic cup-tied, there's a chance we'll play with Iva stepping up as a CB and Luiz being kept in the pivot. The most obvious option would be maybe play a 4-3-3 with Oscar or Willian dropping to midfield, but I don't see Mourinho doing it. It could be a 4-4-1-1 with Hazard (supposing he's fit) playing behind Eto'o (supposing he's fit) with Oscar and Willian marking each of the FBs and playing there, with Hazard centered. We do need Hazard and Eto'o back as we already lost Cech, Terry, Frank and even Mikel.

How did injuries screw us up so badly all of sudden?

because of the 'away goal rule', the smaller time left to play, its more advantage for the guest team (the risk the home side runs is twice that of the guest) .... because a goal for the away team means the home team should score twice as much in the time left... to say the same thing in an other way, in the later periods of the game the home side should be much more careful not to concede... so if the game goes in to extra time, a goal for Atletico means chelsea should score twice in a period t < 30 min. but a goal for Chelsea means Atletico should only score once.. u dig? :)

Wretched stuff. Really was as dull a game as you're ever likely to witness.

Cech and JT injuries very untimely too. Hope Petr is fit for the World Cup.

Gaz Cahill MotM, was an absolute rock. Ash Cole showing what a great player he is able to come out of the cold and do as well as he did too.

On the brightside, I got my end away with some fit secretary in the capital. That was far more memorable than the game itself :D

10313163_617730574977936_418069873196950

A good point there ... but atletico isn't half the possession team Bayern is and I'd be the first to applause jose to park a f'n Boeing 747 when we face either of the teams in the other tie