Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

Can we sign this guy ?

He would be so perfect. Physicality, stamina, driving forward, eye for a goal, oozes of character, can pass short and long. Simply world-class.

I normally say that we should sign someone younger because we've got in 27-28 age group our whole midfield but for this guy I would do exception. Sell Ramires and get this guy. How much we would spend net on that operation ? I think no more than 20m of pounds and that's the money well spent.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not the position we urgently need. But would you like to take him if he is available?

Thought he might want to go to another league after he has won Serie A 4 times now.

Hi friend!

To me Arturo Vidal is a player which I find amazing. In fact, it seems that only Matic is better than him in that position of defensive midfielder.

But I think there's a major problem with Vidal: his personal life. Real Madrid was very interested in Vidal both Mourinho and Ancelotti, but Real Madrid president flatly refused to make his move because it seems that Vidal is a very problematic player which exceeds is more concerned with making steady nightlife parties . According to the Spanish press Vidal parties were the reason why Real Madrid do not try his signing. His extra life - sport is his big problem apparently.

Obviously this can be false. Likewise also said they Adebayor (someone said it was violent) and later it was shown that he was a great person.

But sportingly Vidal is a very great player. But I think we need a player with a more offensive characteristics for our midfield.

Although, as you say, maybe ask for a transfer Vidal tired of playing the same league and always win.

Regards.

Vidal is very much a box to box Midfielder, not a holding DM, nothing like Matic. He's like an very improved Ramires. Very dynamic but also great with the ball, and can get some goals from a late run into the box.

Not the same player since the injury though. In his prime he's a beast and one of the best CMs in the world.

Cmon. They arent selling both Pogba AND Vidal

I see what you're saying, but £100 Million does a lot in the way of convincing the bureaucrats.

Plus, I'm sure they'd spend it A LOT better than Spuds, Pool, and United did.

If Juventus can get good selling points I think they will. With a possible transfer ban for Real and with PSG bidding who knows how much Pogba might go for (80 million euros?) At that price you could buy 2 excellent midfielders and have money left over. Sell Pobga Vidal and you could revamp your midfield and also address other areas and add prospects.

• 4 weeks later...

Rumours say he's agreed a deal with Arsenal for £25M.

For that price I'd love him here. He's what we need, a world class b2b player with goals. Matic-Vidal-Cesc would be superb.

At the moment, I'd trust him more than Pogba.

Also linked with Madrid, seems Benitez wants to make him the first galactico.

Rumours say he's agreed a deal with Arsenal for £25M.

Wenger: "At the moment we have good midfielders and are not looking at Vidal".

Vidal also says he wants to end his career in Juve and CEO Marotta says he'll stay. Hard to believe he'll leave, Pirlo looks the closest as he considers MLS move, while Pogba looks like he'll join Barcelona in a year.

I would say that probably one of them is leaving this summer, but its either Pirlo or Pogba, depends on Pogba situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From good source, Vidal will be moving and it will be revealed where in the next 2 weeks. Possibly another player will be used in part exchange. Juventus received 4 offers from 3 clubs for Vidal. Decision about his sale was made (but not sure about destination).

I thought I will drop it here so we can check if this 'source' is trustworthy in the next few weeks. It is btw.

So far there's lots of noise that he is going to Arsenal. I hate this idea. It will be too much of an upgrade, too much of winning mentality joining in short period of time.

I simply can't understand why Chelsea would let such occasion slip. Arturo is exactly the player we're looking for. Strength, physicality, athleticism combining with passing range, tackling and goalscoring ability. Also we have players that Juventus are interested in : Oscar, Ramires, Cuadrado, Salah.

But have this feeling that Chelsea pass on this. Can't understand why. Hopefully calm about Chelsea transfer activity and Vidal move have much in common and it's mutual calm before the storm.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You