TalkChelsea Player of the Year 2013/14

Hazard was horrible from August to December.

And was absolutely unplayable in the months that followed scoring vital goals that gave us the win and kept us in the title race becoming lead goalscorer and lead assister (by some distance) in the process.

The thing with POTY awards is that most of the times, the performers of the second half of the season get all the praise and everyone forgets how everyone was performing at the start of the season.

Kind of like Bale last season....

Hazard was horrible from August to December. I cant vote for him...

For me he had his best game against Sunderland witch was way before december and he was great for the following months from that game.

Without him we most likely would be struggling for 4th place and now we are still in the title race( kinda)

He saved our ass quite alot in the period from november till a month ago , people forget that quite fast it seems.

For me he's the clear winner of this vote, afterall he is our key player this season

Our three best and most influentially important players this season have been Hazard, Cahill and JT. It should be one of them.

Azpi has had a very consistently excellent 5 months or so though. I wouldn't be surprised if he won our Players Player award.

Hazard is by far our most talented player and he's had some amazing performances, but he's also had a lot of pretty anonymous performances especially before December when everyone was calling for him to be benched.

I'd take consistently good over inconsistently brilliant in my team if I were the manager any day. Hazard will have plenty of time to win it in seasons to come, but right now, I voted Azpi.

The poll itself reveals alot, 3 defenders and 1 attacking player.

That shows how our attack depends on Hazard while our back 4 were pretty much solid for the biggest part of this season witch makes it abit easier to shine for them.

Without Eden we would be toothless in the attacking department and like i said earlier we would struggle to finish in the top4

If its most important player.... Then Hazard obviously. We take out hazard his season and we lose more points than if we took dave out.

Hazard is everyones first name on the team sheet, and if he is not then he really should be.

But,

Azpi is a right back who has been immence at left back. He isn't going to have the importance of hazard because of where he plays. But if you take into account their position etc then its azpi for me which is why i have voted him.

Hazard will of course win the real one though, which is fair enough

The poll itself reveals alot, 3 defenders and 1 attacking player.

That shows how our attack depends on Hazard while our back 4 were pretty much solid for the biggest part of this season witch makes it abit easier to shine for them.

Without Eden we would be toothless in the attacking department and like i said earlier we would struggle to finish in the top4

I don't think anyone voting azpi actually thinks that he is more important than Hazard. As i said above, Hazard is obviously our best player. But one cost 32 Million and one cost like 7 and has been playing out of position all season. Which is why many, including me have voted Azpi. I don't think anyone is saying that Hazard isn't our best player.