TalkChelsea Player of the Year 2013/14

As good as Azpi has been the reason why I believe the clear winner should be Hazard is because his performances and goals have taken us to another level this season. Azpi has added stability and consistency in an unnatural position however without Hazard's individual piece of magic we probably would not be competing for the title. Stepped up on a complete level this season with goals and assists. Even he has been inconsistent in some games when he has performed he has been simply excellent and probably will be a contender to win the PFA player of the season as well but probably will fall short behind Suarez.

This.

Hazard is the clear winner this year for sure!

£10 to any of our Belgian brothers if they don't vote for Eden! :D:lol:

I joke of course, amazed to see Cesar out in front already!!

Azpi deserves it more - sure Hazard has done really well - but at €30 million he was supposed to!

Azpi cost what - £8 million ? - now that's bang for buck ;)

Hazard easily. Azpilicueta has done well this season, but I think he's a bit overrated here judging from the nominations and the poll results so far.

Overrated? Our most consistent player all year is overrated?

Azpilicueta, a RB, dislodged a one of the best LBs to ever play the game. He wasn't an automatic starter. However, form or not, Hazard was always picked. Remember earlier in the season when a lot of people were calling for him to be benched? I do...

So I can't possibly see how Azpi can be seen as overrated in any way.

Overrated? Our most consistent player all year is overrated?

Azpilicueta, a RB, dislodged a one of the best LBs to ever play the game. He wasn't an automatic starter. However, form or not, Hazard was always picked. Remember earlier in the season when a lot of people were calling for him to be benched? I do...

So I can't possibly see how Azpi can be seen as overrated in any way.

Alright then, overrated was probably not the best word to use as it can easily be taken the wrong way. As I said, he's done very well with consistent displays on the position he usurped from Ashley Cole who until recently was recognized as one of the best left backs in Europe. But then again seeing so many people voting him ahead of Hazard, our top scorer and most creative spark up front is a bit shocking. Yeah, I remember in the beginning of the season he wasn't at his best, but oh boy when he picked up some form, he tore defenses apart and I'd take that over being consistently above average all season.

That being said, I think Eto'o also deserves a mention here for his important goals and the way he asserted himself as very important figure in attack in the last couple of months after his poor start of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that we struggled in the recent matches after he picked up that injury in the match against Arsenal.

Also on a slightly different note, the partnership of JT and Cahill, which is the main reason of our good defensive record this season has the combined number of 1 vote so far.

That's why I feel Azpi got a little bit more credit than he deserves.