Can Wigan do us a favour?

I thought I need to discuss it with you fellas.

Wigan just about gave their best performance of the season against Aston Villa and Secured their Premiership Status which makes me wonder, how serious would they be against Manchester United. Add to that, Steve Bruce, their manager who is a former Man you player has mentioned that the players deserve a good rest after the weekend performance. What are the odds of Steve Bruce doing a favour to Man you by fielding a weak side and resting his key players, since they have achieved the target. I have already given up on the League title the moment Wigan won against Villa. Any hope that Wigan would take points off Manchester United just like they did against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool has gone.

The only thing that would give me a bit of a confidence on matchday would be to see the players like, Kirkland, Valencia, Bent, Boyse, Palacios ,Sharner, in the first team.

The only motivation factor for them which I could think of would be to keep up their home record and play for fans. They havent lost there since January the 26th when we beat them 2-0.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see them beating United, but I feel they have got enough in them to get a draw. The league is United's to lose, if they are complacent heading into this game then surely they will slip up. They will not enjoy playing on that surface, so we do have a chance. All we can do is beat Longballton Wanderers and hope.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No NO nO no no channnnnnnnnnnnnce after bruce gives fergie a wank bruce will tell his players to roll over and

die !

It doesn't matter if Bruce is ex-Man you, you try telling the Wigan players to not go out there to try and beat Man you. It is most certainly possible and lets hope that Wigan can hold out for a draw!!

Wigan are playing very, very well over the last few weeks. Trouble is, Its practically next door to Manchester and will be teaming with Man Ure. More or less like a home game to them.

I think it'll be a case of what might have been come Sunday night. A very commendable effort by the players over the last couple of weeks but we'll be left to look back on the disgraceful, needless points dropped with last minute goals against Wigan and Rottenham. If it does go United's way on Sunday then Ferguson would do well to send a bottle of Champagne to Robbie Keane and Emile Heskey, Its them that gave them the title :rolleyes:

Wigan are playing very, very well over the last few weeks. Trouble is, Its practically next door to Manchester and will be teaming with Man Ure. More or less like a home game to them.

I think it'll be a case of what might have been come Sunday night. A very commendable effort by the players over the last couple of weeks but we'll be left to look back on the disgraceful, needless points dropped with last minute goals against Wigan and Rottenham. If it does go United's way on Sunday then Ferguson would do well to send a bottle of Champagne to Robbie Keane and Emile Heskey, Its them that gave them the title :rolleyes:

You could say that us dropping points cost us, but looking at it realistically Manure also dropped silly points - if they hadn't have dropped them then we wouldn't even be close!!!! We have done fantastic to even probably ending up on the same points as Man you and losing on goal difference!

As positive as I try to be, I just don't see it. I openly admit I'm proud as hell of the boys. After the early season drama with Mourinho, and the list of injuries, I didn't think we'd contend for anything let along be as close to the Premiership as well as being in the Champions League final. That goal difference still basically puts United 1 point ahead of Chelsea... but that won't mean I'm not going to be the biggest Wigan supporter in the world come this weekend.

Chelsea will score

Bolton will score

Wigan will score

Manu will score

Chelsea will score

Manu will score

Manu will score

Manu will score

Manu will score

or it could just be another 4-0 to united and 2-0 to us...

whatever the final result, i stand by the saying 'there are no unworthy league winners..'

It doesn't matter if Bruce is ex-Man you, you try telling the Wigan players to not go out there to try and beat Man you. It is most certainly possible and lets hope that Wigan can hold out for a draw!!

The problem is, the motivation talk by Bruce to his players. He would definately not say go there and roll over., but he wouldnt bother getting them very motivated either. Its interesting to see how Steve Bruce goes for this game. I hope he ATTACKS ATTACKS ATTACKS..Man Utd. All I want to see is players like Kirkland, Boyse, Bent, Sharner, Palacios in the First Team, rest I leave it to GOD!!!

It is certainly not beyond the realms of reality to believe that Wigan can get a draw out of United. Their pitch is a cabbage patch which will make it harder for their most imfluential player Ronaldo to do his thing, and they don't have the players suited to play the long ball.

It is certainly not beyond the realms of reality to believe that Wigan can get a draw out of United. Their pitch is a cabbage patch which will make it harder for their most imfluential player Ronaldo to do his thing, and they don't have the players suited to play the long ball.

You hit the Nail on the head!!!

Teams like Man Utd, who rely on beautiful football which is based on Sleek ground passing, will find it tough on that sort of pitch. A 1-1 draw wouldbe GREAT FOR ME!!!!......

My main worry is the pressure put on Wigan to produce a shocker. Their players are not used to that kind of pressure which involves title-deciding and maybe it will get to them.

My main worry is the pressure put on Wigan to produce a shocker. Their players are not used to that kind of pressure which involves title-deciding and maybe it will get to them.

There is no pressure on them at all. Which could make it easier for them to go out and produce a good performance!

There isn't ? Oh goodie then :)

Lol, why would there be any pressure on them? Why would they care who wins the league? As footballers all they will want to do is go out there and do their best to win the game.....

All we can do is sit there and hope that while we are sticking the goals past Bolton, Wigan are doing the business against United..