Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

there is something fundamentally wrong with us

Yep.

Missing a worthy striker and a dire lack of ideas in the final 1/3rd. We rely solely on individual brilliance from our AM's and if we don't catch sides on the break we're static and sluggish in and around the box. These are problems City and Liverpool don't have. They both have awesome strike forces and the likes of Silva, Yaya, Suarez, and Sturridge who can create something out of nothing or are clinical finishers.

We need someone TOP CLASS next to Matic who can pull the strings and create and we need a striker who can not only score loads when we're playing well but also bail us out in matches like today where we struggle.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, we were so bad, I wasn't even upset. I laughed through most of the match. Especially that Torres miss at the end :lol:

Dude that was a great shot... I mean the technique he produced to get that so high was amazing. Reminded me a bit of Zolas flick assist to Poyet!

Mourinho got his tactics wrong? How exactly. He played the same team that smashed Arsenal. The players didnt turn up at all. Every single one of them let us down.

Also we did not look any better with another am in the second half. Too many players had a bad game and unlucky on luiz injury. No Ramires to begin with as an alternative.

Thought we had the match under control in the first half-aside from Cahill mistake they had nothing on us.

ps: I said it before, and game after game I'm more convinced of this: Matic is the most overrated player in recent years. I'm not saying he is a bad player, and he is certainly better than Mikel, but is not as good as he is pictured in this forum. When all he has to do is to sit in front of the defense, make some interceptions and some short passes, he is okay, but when you need a DM with minimal attacking skills, you realize he has his limitations, but when you read Matic ratings in this forum, you end up thinking we have Yaya Toure instead of Matic. The serbian is far from the modern DM we need to play a more dynamic football.

You're the biggest joke on this forum and probably everything wrong with the success that this club has had in recent years.

Disappointing, we had 35 minutes or so to pile the pressure on and at least get a draw - and our 2 best chances came from a lucky deflection and a stupid back pass.

Our attack is just so hopeless when we don't have space to counter.

Dont agree at all, thought Salah was good when he came on. And Willian was never the answer to our problems.

I understand your frustration but just cos Matic had a bad game hes now the most overrated player all of a sudden??? Get a grip bro!

I dont he was good. He just played okay, but he never was able to make any impact in the game. Okay, Willian wanst the answer to our problems, but Ba was? Schurle was having an awful match, the natural thing to do was to bring Willian, but if he wanted to bring Ba, the natural thing to do was replacing Torres.

Read my posts about Matic and you realize that my opinion is not based only in one game, but it seems other people still base their opinion about Matic in that game against City.

It's amazing how bad the crosses from every single chelsea player are. Ivan had a few truly woeful ones today.

But it was a bad match all around, for all players. Matic threw away way too many balls in the middle by doing dumb stuff (like shooting directly into a wall of Crystal Palace players), the midfield let Crystal Palace players run directly at the defense way too many times, Azpilicueta was often alone with two players on the left back, making it impossible to not let them get through, Hazard missing big chances, Oscar imitating Bentekes performance from today by not hitting the ball... It was just terrible, add to that Torres being Torres and there's a disaster waiting to happen.

The problem is that no gameplan seems to work, when getting behind against a team like this, that are physically strong and can stand deep. Credit to Pulis, he has done well there and their counter attacks were deadly if they didn't have complete incompetent forwards.

about 80% of game time Torres was out of the box wandering around ... can someone please tell me why our sole striker wasn't inside the fucking 18 yards even when we were attacking?! what the shitty bloody hell was he thinking when he tried to get that deflected ball with his heel? :@ :@ >:(