Vinnie Jones

James

aad2f9c796bc0dadb13b85714b472f8e.jpgJones started his football career in 1984 at Alliance Premier League side Wealdstone, during which time he combined playing football with being a hod carrier. He played one season with Swedish club IFK Holmsund in 1986 and helped the team to a victory in Division 3.

In the autumn of 1986, Jones moved to Wimbledon for £10,000. He scored on one of his first appearances for Wimbledon on 29 November 1986, in a 1-0 win over Manchester United in the First Division. He was part of the 'Crazy Gang' team that won the 1988 FA Cup Final against Liverpool, the dominant English side of that era.

He was transferred to Leeds United in the summer of 1989, where he was part of a young side under the management of Howard Wilkinson. During his time there, he won promotion to the old Division One from the Second Division. After helping them win promotion to the top-flight as champions of the Second Division, Jones proved that he could thrive without the illegal side of his game, and under the stewardship of Wilkinson, he received only three yellow cards in the whole season.

Jones left Leeds United early in the 1990–91 season after losing his first-team place to youngsters David Batty and Gary Speed, as well as new signing Gary McAllister – much to the disappointment of the Leeds fans – in order to seek regular first-team football. To this day, he remains a hugely popular figure with the Leeds fans; Jones has a Leeds United badge tattooed on his leg (after having helped them to the 1989–90 Second Division championship). Jones also showed his passion for the club when he returned to Leeds for Lucas Radebe's testimonial in 2006.

His former Wimbledon manager Dave Bassett signed him for Sheffield United on his exit from Elland Road, before selling him to Chelsea a year later.

After Chelsea
After just one year at Stamford Bridge, he was on his way back to Wimbledon in the early stages of the 1992-93 season, when the FA Premier League had just been formed. He helped Wimbledon equal their best ever league finish in 1993-94, when they finished sixth the Premier League. Three seasons later, he contributed to another strong season for the club, who reached the semi-finals of both cups and finished eighth in the league.

His second exit from Wimbledon came when he became player/coach of QPR in early 1998, scoring on his debut against Huddersfield Town. Jones was once rumoured to take the vacant managers post at QPR but that failed and he retired from football after just one year and nine league appearances for the West London club in Division One.

Click here to view the record

• 4 years later...

Where have all our characters gone?

Hilarious Vinnie Jones story about the time he and Dennis Wise stole Chelsea assistant manager Stan Ternent’s passport

The pair also decided to get one over on Ternent by going into his hotel room... and getting rid of everything

https://talksport.com/football/420571/vinnie-jones-chelsea-dennis-wise-stan-ternent/

On 10/09/2018 at 11:59 AM, Unionjack said:

Where have all our characters gone?

Hilarious Vinnie Jones story about the time he and Dennis Wise stole Chelsea assistant manager Stan Ternent’s passport

The pair also decided to get one over on Ternent by going into his hotel room... and getting rid of everything

https://talksport.com/football/420571/vinnie-jones-chelsea-dennis-wise-stan-ternent/

He joined Chelsea a half year before I was born. A shame he only stayed the one.

article-2526722-00C39EC900000190-607_634

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

He joined Chelsea a half year before I was born. A shame he only stayed the one.

article-2526722-00C39EC900000190-607_634

I'll never forget him, before the game started he came over to the "old shed end" and orchestrated 1 man and his dog ...fecking priceless, for everything else theres mastercard! Was at the Liverpool away game when he done this ...

I have to say I think Vinnie Jones is a twat limited footballer even worse actor apparently Guy Ritchie had to shout all his lines directing him in Lock Stock. But I will give him his due on his debut against Luton he gave Dennis Wise the kick up the arse he needed he was shouting and encouraging him all through the 90 minutes. Wisey became a much better player after that because he was extremely average till that point and on the verge of becoming a boo boy.

42 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I have to say I think Vinnie Jones is a twat limited footballer even worse actor apparently Guy Ritchie had to shout all his lines directing him in Lock Stock. But I will give him his due on his debut against Luton he gave Dennis Wise the kick up the arse he needed he was shouting and encouraging him all through the 90 minutes. Wisey became a much better player after that because he was extremely average till that point and on the verge of becoming a boo boy.

I know in all his films he p;lays a similar character but I dont actually mind some of them. I know a guy who had a couple of 5 second parts in Lock Stock and he said he was a twat.. But hes made a living out of being one which can;t be bad lol

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I say he did all right from his hod carrier days ! i wish that we had someone who give the team/players the preverbal kick up the arse over afew seasons i recall! the twat has done ok in films also ,$10 mill net 

32 minutes ago, mccg said:

I say he did all right from his hod carrier days ! i wish that we had someone who give the team/players the preverbal kick up the arse over afew seasons i recall! the twat has done ok in films also ,$10 mill net 

Couple of geezers I know knew him when he was a bouncer in a club in Watford and he was supposed to be a horrible fucker like all bouncers in the 80's. He's done well but apart from the Guy Ritchie films and Mean Machine I haven't seen in him in anything or anything I'd want to watch. I tell a lie he had a cameo as a Man United fan where he was basically portraying the character in Extras steel toe caps and a Union Jack t-shirt because the Septic Tanks think all English hooligans dress like that :)

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Couple of geezers I know knew him when he was a bouncer in a club in Watford and he was supposed to be a horrible fucker like all bouncers in the 80's. He's done well but apart from the Guy Ritchie films and Mean Machine I haven't seen in him in anything or anything I'd want to watch. I tell a lie he had a cameo as a Man United fan where he was basically portraying the character in Extras steel toe caps and a Union Jack t-shirt because the Septic Tanks think all English hooligans dress like that :)

Yeah i only watched a few of the films he was in  Swordfish, Snatch, Gone in Sixty Seconds , Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,Mean Machine back in 90's early naughties , i only met him once , down in a hotel in sligo when Chelsea were doing pre season lol back in the day , think he was the 1st 1 to sign a top i had ?! Yeah i guess the persona we see on the tv is maybe far from reality but maybe he changed ? but usually i've found that old chestnut a leopard cannot change its spots, also, the tiger cannot change its stripes and a horrible fucker is always a horrible fucker lol

8 hours ago, mccg said:

Yeah i only watched a few of the films he was in  Swordfish, Snatch, Gone in Sixty Seconds , Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,Mean Machine back in 90's early naughties , i only met him once , down in a hotel in sligo when Chelsea were doing pre season lol back in the day , think he was the 1st 1 to sign a top i had ?! Yeah i guess the persona we see on the tv is maybe far from reality but maybe he changed ? but usually i've found that old chestnut a leopard cannot change its spots, also, the tiger cannot change its stripes and a horrible fucker is always a horrible fucker lol

My old man was from Sligo I haven't been there for bloody hell must be nearly 40 years I've heard it's completely different now.

9 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

My old man was from Sligo I haven't been there for bloody hell must be nearly 40 years I've heard it's completely different now.

Yeah think it  was 1991(not long passed test) i drove down from Belfast after a night out(200+km) , no sat nav those days! ,pretty sketchy road signs them days , we got down early thinking it was 3pm kickoff , found out it was 715 ko doh , went into the nearest hotel/bar and had afew , low and behold the whole Chelsea team were staying there, havnt really been to Sligo much , mostly stopped over for abit of lunch/drink while going somewhere else , seems a quaint little place

On 9/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, mccg said:

but usually i've found that old chestnut a leopard cannot change its spots, also, the tiger cannot change its stripes and a horrible fucker is always a horrible fucker lol

I know that I've changed immensely. I know I could be a horrible fucker at times in my past but allot of travel and the love of a good woman soothes a savage beast.

Not saying I couldn't still be one but would need to be something very personal to bring it out.

Vinny - in his film persona - always seems to have his nasty man just under the surface and have known lads like that - that you just dont know when they would crack. Nice to have them have your back but you wouldn't give them a call to go for a few beers with ya.

Seems to have 5 or 6 movies to be released so will see if his character changes

JUST now downloaded a new series he did this year - Deception. Think he helps a magician do his tricks but not sure.Buut from the trailer hes looking like a loud angry Londoner for a change lol  Will let ya know.

• 5 years later...