Benitez: United and Chelsea had unfair advantage

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has blasted Chelsea and Manchester United for not resting players ahead of their second leg Champions League semi-finals.

The Spaniard is furious that both clubs played their first teams in the encounter at Stamford Bridge.

“It’s unfair”

“Both Barcelona and ourselves rested players but Manchester United and Chelsea play their first team”

“It’s an unfair advantage and allows those teams to become, how do you say? Battle-hardened?”

“If I knew they were going to play full teams then I would have played full team too. I spoke to Frank (Rijkaard) and he is unhappy about it as well”

Benitez is now insisting the FA and UEFA look into the situation.

“Macherano received a long ban for talking to the referee and now Manchester United and Chelsea play full team and no bans for them”

“It’s important that this is investigated”

Steven Gerrard echoed his manager’s sentiments by insisting that teams who are still in the league have an unfair advantage.

“They can afford to play the same team as their league games count for something”.

Spokesman from both United and Chelsea refused to comment.

Sky sports

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot beleive that someone would even contemplate making themselves look as rediculous as this. What a tossa if he wants to rest players thats up to him if we don't then tough shit. If it were the other way round he'd be moaning that we rested players so we had an advantage. no wonder the fat prick is trophyless again, its always someone elses fault.

Quote...

Steven Gerrard echoed his manager’s sentiments by insisting that teams who are still in the league have an unfair advantage.

“They can afford to play the same team as their league games count for something”.

well maybe if the fat cunt didnt rest players at the start of the season they might still have something to play for!

sour grapes indeed

:lol:

You can tell its not a Sky article because of the way you presented the text.

“It’s unfair”

“Both Barcelona and ourselves rested players but Manchester United and Chelsea play their first team”

Would appear as:

“It’s unfair.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has blasted Chelsea and Manchester United for not resting players ahead of their second leg Champions League semi-finals.

The Spaniard is furious that both clubs played their first teams in the encounter at Stamford Bridge.

"It's unfair"

"Both Barcelona and ourselves rested players but Manchester United and Chelsea play their first team"

"It's an unfair advantage and allows those teams to become, how do you say? Battle-hardened?"

"If I knew they were going to play full teams then I would have played full team too. I spoke to Frank (Rijkaard) and he is unhappy about it as well"

"Macherano received a long ban for talking to the referee and now Manchester United and Chelsea play full team and no bans for them"

"It's important that this is investigated"

Steven Gerrard echoed his manager's sentiments by insisting that teams who are still in the league have an unfair advantage.

"They can afford to play the same team as their league games count for something".

Sky sports

sick one but funny one m8 :thumbsup:

LMFAO!If only he had said it lol

"It's unfair"

"Both Barcelona and ourselves rested players but Manchester United and Chelsea play their first team"

"It's an unfair advantage and allows those teams to become, how do you say? Battle-hardened?"

"If I knew they were going to play full teams then I would have played full team too. I spoke to Frank (Rijkaard) and he is unhappy about it as well"

"Macherano received a long ban for talking to the referee and now Manchester United and Chelsea play full team and no bans for them"

"It's important that this is investigated"

Steven Gerrard echoed his manager's sentiments by insisting that teams who are still in the league have an unfair advantage.

"They can afford to play the same team as their league games count for something".

Sky sports

So funny if it were true :lol: