Best Chelsea Team Ever

edetarod

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004-05 Team was by far the best imo! and that team should have won the CL!

but my best XI in the Abramovich era would be

Cech

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - Cole

Makelele

Lampard - Ballack

Robben - Drogba - Hazard

But our current team has potential to be the best ever! with the right summer signings, we could be unstoppable!

Perfect team!!(maybe put zola instead of robben or as sub!) each at their prime better than any team under the sun :)

I'd say the 2005-06 team. It was basically the same as 04/05 but the new signings had been fully integrated and accustomed to whatever they needed to adapt to, plus it was the season a certain Michael was brought in. That team, for me, was more complete than the 04/05 one, but that team was amazing too.

Cech

Ferreira - Carvalho - Terry - Gallas

Makelele

Essien - Lampard

Robben - Drogba - J.Cole

And then you had the likes of Duff, Gudjohnsen, Crespo, Geremi, SWP and Cudicini ready to step up.

Best team still is the one that lost the 08 UCL final. 09/10 was also immense with 100+ goals. Im not talking about the quality of the squad only, but more about the quality of the football.

But I do believe the current team will be the best, easily. The quality we have in the squad is just out of this world. All the past teams were unbalanced, and there wasnt a player like Hazard.

2007-08. That team was just PERFECT. How that team could not win a trophy that seasom would always continue to baffle me. It actuqlly felt like that team could have done a treble/quadruple.

Manchester team was slightly better. 08 and 09 UCL finals were insane in terms of quality. That SAF team was his finished product as manager. Ronaldo was just on fire, and you still had Tevez and Rooney. I remember back then than United team was considered the best in the world, and in 09 UCL final most people considered red devils favorites over Barcelona.

The team was far from perfect on the pitch. Mourinho left because he could not make all those players work as a team. 06/07 was disappointing, and the season started really slow. Avran Grant managed to make the team work really well, and we produced some of the best football of Abramovich era, thats why I consider that team to be the best.

04-05 to 07-08 we were insane, the consistency we had was inhuman, 12 league defeats in 4 seasons, all but 3 being by the 1 goal. Win for ages have one setback and go again. If it wasn't for a ridiculous injury list we would have won 4 on the trot. If only Jose and Roman agreed to see out 07-08 together before letting Mou go on his European tour.

Summer 2008 we should have started the re-building process, although we still stayed at top form for the 2 years after i felt we were not re energising the squad and it will come back to bite us and in 10-11 it did just that.

Hopefully lessons are learned this time round.

As Alex and others pointed out, the 2007-08 team was the best team we ever had!

A shame we didnt win a trophy that season, but we did get very close to winning both the League Cup and the Champions League though...

As Alex and others pointed out, the 2007-08 team was the best team we ever had!

A shame we didnt win a trophy that season, but we did get very close to winning both the League Cup and the Champions League though...

As Mourinho once said (IIRC), finishing second is only good for losers.