Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Jack Cork

On-loan midfielder Jack Cork has revealed he has "learned a lot" this season at Scunthorpe.

Jack_Cork_613880.jpg

Cork: Iron loan star

The England Under-19 international has been one of the few bright aspects at Glanford Park and has made 34 appearances for Nigel Adkins' side.

The 18-year-old is due to play his last game for the Iron on Sunday against Colchester before returning to parent club Chelsea and has admitted the experience of playing competitive football every week has benefited him enormously.

"I think I've learned a lot and I've really enjoyed it," he told the Scunthorpe Telegraph.

"Getting 30 Championship games under my belt is a really good achievement at 18 and I'm pleased I've done it, especially because in this division you're playing against experienced players who have experience in the Premier League as well as the Championship."

Chelsea defender Jack Cork has rejected a permanent move to Scunthorpe United.

Manager Nigel Adkins wants to sign the midfielder in a £500,000 deal but Cork is keen to return to Stamford Bridge in a bid to force his way into Avram Grant's plans.

Jack is one of a few players who have had very good loan spells and are on the verge of having a go at the first team. Sinclair, Mancienne and Bertrand are the others.

Jacks problem is that he has excelled in midfield, the holding role, and we are very very well stocked in midfield with world class players. Maybe if Maka decides to call it a day at the end of the season he can go in as an understudy.....

This is where we will see how the club are going to work with our youngsters. These 4 players have definate premiership pedigree and they need to be given the chances to force their way into the first team...

To make room for our youths I would get rid of Ben-Haim, Sidwell (remember that guy ? I barely do), Maka (if he decides to quit, otherwise I love the guy :D), Pizarro, Sheva and maybe Malouda. It would make room for at least Mancienne, Cork, Di Santo and Sinclair... The only problem which I see is the club's fear of integrating young players, who they fear would not perform and it's pretty clear that the club wants instant success, but hopefully it will change (and it has changed by investing into the academy, but it gotta be made efficient which produces first-team players and imo those players are).

Bertrand, I'm afraid, has not high chance if both A.Cole and Bridge stay.

Edited by manpe

To make room for our youths I would get rid of Ben-Haim, Sidwell (remember that guy ? I barely do), Maka (if he decides to quit, otherwise I love the guy :D ), Pizarro, Sheva and maybe Malouda. It would make room for at least Mancienne, Cork, Di Santo and Sinclair... The only problem which I see is the club's fear of integrating young players, who they fear would not perform and it's pretty clear that the club wants instant success, but hopefully it will change (and it has changed by investing into the academy, but it gotta be made efficient which produces first-team players and imo those players are).

Bertrand, I'm afraid, has not high chance if both A.Cole and Bridge stay.

One thing which should be done is to allow our squad to be bigger and have these players involved with the first team every day and used when possible or when needed, in much the same way Sinclair was supposed to be this season, he got some time under his belt which will have been very good for him. Although he should have been used more than he was!

Bertrand is a quality player and could easily take over from Bridge in a year or so, i am not convinced Bridge will stay on too much longer anyway....

Surely we will give these players chances. The club have for a long time said that their aim is to be bringing up players through the youth team rather than making huge purchases every season, and we're not there yet, but these guys are the first to be surely given a go.

Surely we will give these players chances. The club have for a long time said that their aim is to be bringing up players through the youth team rather than making huge purchases every season, and we're not there yet, but these guys are the first to be surely given a go.

Yup, they may not make the grade long term, but they have to be given the chance to prove that one way or the other!!!

Chelsea boss Avram Grant is set for talks with two of the club's most talented youngsters.

Chelsea defender Jack Cork and forward Scott Sinclair will seek assurances over their future this summer following loan spells at Scunthorpe and Crystal Palace respectively.

The club hope to include both players in their pre-season plans.