Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Interesting to hear that after the match Steve Holland said that there was no thought of bringing Luis on for Cahill (and shifting Iva and Azpi) because Kurt has been training fantastically well for the past few weeks and his immense performance was not the least surprising for them because they knew that this is his current level.

I wish that means he means he will be given a fair chance to contest with Cahill for the starting CB spot, but realistically I juts hope that he will be getting more time and hopefully starts against Derby and Sporting and in the busy Christmas period.

Much better - not only better - but much better form than Cahill currently. Should cement his place in the team. It's not like Cahill doesn't expose us every match with a couple of stupid plays, so even if Zouma does the same, it wouldn't be tragic.

I'd rather see than Cahill any day. I was never convinced of Cahill's quality to start with. I thought there was a chance he was overachieving last season. It feels like it was the peak of his career and who knows if he'll be able to replicate that.

I really think Kurt is someone who, might not become worldcalss, but could become a fan favorite in the future. He's just got that something special about him: a mix of passion and charisma and willingness to get involved in the game. Don't know, I can just feel something about him.

Why? He is still very young.. The talent is there, I don't think it is impossible

Is the talent there? Physically, he's a beast. But technically there is a lot to be desired. He is young, you're right, but I can't see him becoming a world class in terms of technical skill even for a cb, but he doesn't need that to be a world class defender.

Is the talent there? Physically, he's a beast. But technically there is a lot to be desired. He is young, you're right, but I can't see him becoming a world class in terms of technical skill even for a cb, but he doesn't need that to be a world class defender.

It is just too early to judge everything now. He could improve his weakness for sure.

He jumps higher than the average basketball player.

An athletic monster at the CB we haven't seen since Desailly.

The lad really does have all the utilities to become, dare I say, a world class Centre Back.

Why? He is still very young.. The talent is there, I don't think it is impossible

Well, I didn't say it was impossible, I said he "might not become world class". But, let's be honest, it's very unlikely. He just doesn't the technical and natural ability on the ball. But that shouldn't stop him from being a very solid defender.

I really think Kurt is someone who, might not become worldcalss, but could become a fan favorite in the future. He's just got that something special about him: a mix of passion and charisma and willingness to get involved in the game. Don't know, I can just feel something about him.

I think he'll turn into a Gallas-type player. A good player, a very good player, just not quite world class. Though Gallas, despite ultimately being an utter cunt, was a very useful player for us in his time here. I wouldn't complain if he developed into that type of player.