Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Hello all, I'm a relatively new chelsea fan from the States. This is my first post so bear with me. Last year it seemed Kalou had a pretty good year and played some quality ball. This season he had a frustrating game in week one and was a bit off target in game two and was subbed out not to see any more action. It seems from what I read most people think he is garbage now. I dont get much news on a daily basis but why are fans so down on him? He has speed and can be an exciting player which is something we occasionally lack. Did something happen that I missed?

Thanks

Steve

Fully agreed Steve, I hope we extend his contract and give him a wage rise! :giggle:

Death wish? For what? and whats a WUM? Bein in the US where soccer/football is nothing puts me at a disadvantage. Other than occasional Sky Sports I dont see nor read anything about the off the pitch behavior of anyone. The only thing I have to judge them on is on pitch performance. Malouda has been solid for the last couple years on the pitch and Kalou was decent. Just struck me odd that many were calling for his head after a relatively short time. Sounds like its nothing new though.

No worries mate, anyway welcome to the forum, we all hate Kalou for many reasons, as for me i think he's a terrible player and i don't know whe he's on the squad, i've actually never seen Kalou cross in years, even though he's been playing on that right wing for ages. It wasn't just after the two matches, it's been going on for a long time to be honest.

When Kalou arrived at Chelsea he seemed to be a very promising winger and he was very fast as well (isn't he slower now!?). But since his arrival he hasn't taken more than one steps forward in his career. Most of as who have been watching him for a couple years now are just disappointed because he had been given nuff chances to prove himself but he hasn't. He may have scored some goals for us but it's his attitude that has killed him in my view because it seems he never really tried to become better or even worldclass. Had had a lot of talent but he throwed it away. Just my 2 cents...

So your sayin buyin a kalou jersey a month ago was about as bad and unpopular as this post!!!! Ha. I'll try to be less enciteful next time.

Pretty much, usually pre season i always give Kaloua break, then coming to the season i start hating him again. Either way it's on the line as very bad!, if it went any lower it would still be BAD!, to be honest i was only greeting you, i'll try not to be so nice next time.

When Kalou arrived at Chelsea he seemed to be a very promising winger and he was very fast as well (isn't he slower now!?). But since his arrival he hasn't taken more than one steps forward in his career. Most of as who have been watching him for a couple years now are just disappointed because he had been given nuff chances to prove himself but he hasn't. He may have scored some goals for us but it's his attitude that has killed him in my view because it seems he never really tried to become better or even worldclass. Had had a lot of talent but he throwed it away. Just my 2 cents...

Indeed he has scored some goals, but this is what i don't get, Yes Kalou has scored important goals, but so has Malouda, if not more to be honest, Malouda has scored many winners for us, he's already done it this season to, and at least Malouda has something else, and doesn't lose the ball 24/7, we usually get angry with Malouda because he can't cross for shit. But Kalou... he just can't do anything. Maybe Kalou just didn't have potential, he's been given way too many chances to prove it, it's quite amazing really, because we seem to do the oppesite from some kids who have real big potential such as Josh McEachran and Daniel Sturridge.

How hypocritical to ask for respect for Lampard, and then to come on here and abuse another Chelsea player. Fuck's sake his limited abilities are well known and often spoken about, but no need to call him things like 'a fucking prick'.

How hypocritical to ask for respect for Lampard, and then to come on here and abuse another Chelsea player. Fuck's sake his limited abilities are well known and often spoken about, but no need to call him things like 'a fucking prick'.

Lampard is a Chelsea legend, Kalou is an embarrassment to the club and a hindrance to the squads progression.

Lampard is a Chelsea legend, Kalou is an embarrassment to the club and a hindrance to the squads progression.

Agreed, but both are Chelsea players at the end of the day. Criticism is accepted, expected, justified. Personal abuse shouldn't be.

Agreed, but both are Chelsea players at the end of the day.

If he can get away with playing like he does, and still pick up his £60,000 a week. I don't see the problem with the fans calling him a 'prick'. His attitude isn’t any better either, as I’ve pointed out many times with video & pictorial evidence, along with quotations.

If he can get away with playing like he does, and still pick up his £60,000 a week. I don't see the problem with the fans calling him a 'prick'. His attitude isn’t any better either, as I’ve pointed out many times with video & pictorial evidence, along with quotations.

Who's to blame for his selection though? The manager. Who's to blame for his contract extensions? The manager and the board. Don't see them being called 'pricks' for persisting with a fairly dire footballer.

Who's to blame for his selection though? The manager. Who's to blame for his contract extensions? The manager and the board. Don't see them being called 'pricks' for persisting with a fairly dire footballer.

Most of the managers haven't been in full control over transfers, they are simply working with what they have at their disposal. Kalou has slipped through the cracks, tap-ins & god-like training sessions.. smh